- Around 7+ years of experience as a MS SQL Server and BI Developer working on large - scale enterprise and performance critical applications.
- Over 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, Designing, Reporting, Analysis, Data -warehousing, Web-Based Applications and Databases.
- Expertise in analyzing, designing, and developing Client/Server, Business Intelligence (BI) database applications using MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 , SQL Server Integration, Reporting & Analysis Services.
- Strong background in a disciplined software development life cycle ( SDLC ) process and has excellent analytical, programming and problem-solving skills.
- Involved in creating numerous database objects like tables, indexes, constrain ( Checks, Primary and Foreign Key ).
- Involved in designing T-SQL programming artifacts such as complex queries, stored procedures, triggers ( DDL and DML ), indexes, and user-defined functions.
- Created SQL server integration services (SSIS) packages to populate data from various data sources Flat Files, Excel Files, OLE DB to SQL Server.
- Built the data cubes by implementing SQL Server OLAP services in SSAS .
- Experience in creating standard and ad-hoc report using SSRS and proficiency in creating several types of reports such as, Drill Down reports, Drill through, Sub reports.
- Extensively used Teradata SQL Assist in constructing User Functions, Views and Indexes.
- Data Visualization skills using Tableau, Power BI to predict the business outcomes.
- Extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment and Tableau Administrator, including technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- Experience in complex BI Reports, Dashboards, Project Management, Change/Incident Management, Maintenance, Upgrade, Service pack installations, and Root cause analysis, Resolution Methods Time/ Cost/Budget Management.
- Experience in logical, physical, and dimensional data modeling, data mapping, and data normalization
- Experience in working with various versions of Informatica Power center 9.0, 8.6/8.5/8.1/7.1/6.2 - Client and Server tools.
- Created Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors using PL/SQL in UNIX and Windows environment.
BI/ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL server integration services), Informatica Power center 9.0, 8.6/8.5/8.1/7.1/6.2 , Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), DTS & Data stage
Databases & Related Technologies: SQL Server 2016/2014, Oracle 11g/10g/ MS Access, DB2 MS excel 2010, MS Share point.
Operating Systems: Windows 8/7/XP/2003
Modeling Tools: MS-Visio, Erwin, Report Builder
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, Power BI
Management tool: T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MS ACCESS
Office Tools: Microsoft Office 2003 / 2007 / 2010 / 2013
Sr. SQL/ BI Developer
Confidential, Sacramento, CAResponsibilities:
- Create new and update existing relational and dimensional data models.
- Create and update existing database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, etc.
- Develop new and modify existing SSIS ETL processes leveraging TSQL, C#, and XML programming languages.
- Develop and deploy Analysis Services tabular models and multidimensional cubes leveraging DAX or MDX as necessary.
- Create Reporting Services and Power BI reports, and Excel PowerPivot workbooks.
- Design, develop, and deploy security models and techniques that meet industry standards and HIPAA compliance as required by management team.
- Provide technical expertise in addressing performance issues and apply testing methodologies.
- Conduct unit testing and create test use cases and scripts to ensure that the developed system components function as specified by system users.
- Used version control tools like TFS & GIT.
- Provide code reviews/walkthroughs with DW team of updated code.
- Document program, data flow and related processes that capture the coding changes/updates.
- Review and validate time estimates for completing assigned tasks as stated per the project schedule.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2016, Visual Studio 2015, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), GIT, Excel, TFS, MDX, Power BI, Power view, Power Pivot.
Sr. SQL/BI Developer
Confidential, Redmond, WAResponsibilities:
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Worked on different tabular models such related to devices such as Xbox, Surface and other Microsoft devices.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data-to-data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Designed SQL SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Access database, Excel spreadsheet, and flat files into SQL Server 2016/2014 for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Exposure in designing, building the dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for analyzing purpose.
- Analyzed and Created SSAS cube and set up role based security in the cube.
- Assisted in production OLAP cubes, wrote queries to produce reports using SQL Server 2012/2014 Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting service (SSRS).
- Created Excel Reports, Power BI by connecting to various SQL server databases and improved the efficiency of these large reports.
- Created Pivots for the excel reports and used Power View to show the data as per requirement.
- Linked Power BI reports to SharePoint and maintained the reports.
- Automated the Reports using various SSIS packages and jobs.
- Created complex programs in T-SQL and wrote Stored Procedures, Triggers and Queries with best execution plan.
- Created and monitored various SQL agent jobs and sent notifications via email.
- Supported reports Power BI and Visual Basics applications, which are used to generate data in a specific format
- Tested the data accuracy using various data validation techniques.
- Worked upon ad-hoc reports and delivered on time.
- Fixed DAX expressions to validate the count related to the report.
- Building SSRS reports that can be exposed to / emails to FT stakeholders.
- Experience in creating Gauge Reports with KPI’s, Report Model and Report Builder 3.0.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2014, Visual Studio 2015/2014, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Report Builder SharePoint, Excel, TFS, MDX, Power BI, Power view, Power Pivot.
Sr. SQL/BI Developer
Confidential, Indianapolis, INResponsibilities:
- Developed complex programs in T-SQL\PL-SQL, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Queries with best execution plan.
- Maintenance of existing Visual Basics and C# applications, which are used to generate data in a specific format.
- Supervise .NET, C# applications, dashboards and reports via SQL database.
- Developed interactive pages of the application using ASP.NET, Entity Framework, Web Forms pages with C# for the code behind modules and agile methodologies for .Net Framework.
- System design and development, Rapid Application Development (RAD) using MVC and MVP patterns with design patterns, code review, release management.
- Involved in development of MVC patterns for client server interaction.
- Integrated legacy systems across SQL Server and Oracle platforms using integration tools SSIS, Alteryx.
- Created SSIS Packages with time scheduling and various transformations to achieve specific formatted flat files such as pipe delimited, CSV, tab delimited.
- Developed mappings to extract data from SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Flat files and load into Data Mart using Informatica Power Center.
- Used Informatica Designer in Informatica 9.0 to create complex mappings using different transformations like Filter, Router, Connected & Unconnected lookups, Stored Procedure, Joiner, Update Strategy, Expressions and Aggregator transformations to pipeline data to Data Mart.
- Used Informatica Workflow Manager to create, schedule, execute and monitor sessions, work lets and workflows accessed information using DB2 and AS400.
- Application remains responsive to the user via multi-threading to handle long-running calls to Active Directory, SSIS packages and SQL Server 2008 stored procedures.
- Created internal migration tools and user interfaces .
- Implement and maintain integration processes that adhere to Roche CSV, Application Specific Development Guidelines, Naming Conventions, Roche Best Practices and Security Policies.
- Responsible for supporting/developing/deploying integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across enterprises.
- Wrote Unix Shell Scripts for scheduling jobs in Unix/Linux, regular backups, instance start/shutdown and migrating data into tables.
- Request Broker Architecture, Enterprise Service Bus, Service Oriented Architect, enterprise -wide content and data distribution using common databases, communication protocols and data standards implemented with Extensible Markup Language (XML), industry standard formats, middleware applications and message queuing approaches.
- Specialized knowledge of integration processes and systems. Supports, manages, organizes, and Roche standards (including, but not limited to, Naming Conventions, Security Policies, Development Standards, Project Methodology) are enforced.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, Visual Studio 2008/2012, Transact-SQL, SQL Server Integration services(SSIS), Informatica Power center 9.0, 8.6/8.5/8.1/7.1/6.2 , C#, .NET, Alteryx, DTS, VBScript, MVC, Microsoft Visio 2010, MS Excel, UNIX, Linux, TOAD, Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition, OBIEE.
Sr. SQL/BI Developer
Confidential, Manhattan, NYResponsibilities:
- Developed functional/technical specifications such as business scope documents and high-level design documents.
- Performed data modeling (Star Schema) for the ETL strategy which pertained to the customer's application development utilizing Erwin.
- Enhanced pre-existing logical and physical database designs to accommodate new business requirements, implemented modern designs into SQL Server.
- Created complex stored procedures which read data from multiple sources in multiple databases/servers.
- Redesigned and tuned existing stored procedures, triggers, UDFs, and views to improve the performance of queries.
- Created multiple complex queries for data profiling and auditing purposes.
- Performed index analyses for tables; utilized clustered and non-clustered indexes for a significant performance boost.
- Enforced business rules by creating constraints in both the production and relational data warehouse databases.
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing multiple platforms; validated data during transferring and archived data files for multiple DBMS.
- Designed SSIS packages to migrate the data from SQL Server to the staging area.
- Filtered bad data from the legacy system utilizing derived columns, lookups, fuzzy lookups, and conditional splits.
- Incorporated error redirection during ETL loads in SSIS Packages.
- Monitored and configured SSIS packages for dynamic execution; deployed packages to the testing environment.
- Designed new aggregations by creating hierarchies; pre-calculated aggregations utilizing aggregation wizard in SSAS.
- Created KPIs to track the response and behavior of customers based on the project requirement documents.
- Developed dashboard reports using Reporting Services, Report Model and ad-hoc reporting using Report Builder.
- Created drill down, drill through, cascaded, sub, and parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Optimized reports by modifying embedded queries and/or altering stored procedures.
- Rendered reports to several file formats such as PDF, Image, and Excel according to the needs of management.
- Deployed multiple types of reports on Share Point 2010 and utilized dashboards.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSDT, SSIS, SSRS, MS Excel, Report Builder, TFS, MS Excel, SharePoint.
SQL/ BI Developer
Confidential, Jacksonville, FLResponsibilities:
- Develop complex programs in T-SQL\PL-SQL, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Queries with best execution plan.
- Rewrote SQL queries to upgrade SQL Server performance using SQL Server 2005/2008
- Created User Defined Functions to encapsulate frequently and commonly used business logic making the system modular, secured and extensible.
- Design, create and maintain data model and data.
- Installed Tableau Server in Dev., QA, UAT and Prod environments.
- Deployed Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Monitored VIZQL and WGSQL Server activity to track performance and system stability.
- Tableau development lifecycle from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters, calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Created data blending in case of merging two different datasets.
- Connected Tableau to Big Data Technologies.
- Design, create and extend application layer to manage the CMS data repository and ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) feeds from multiple sources.
- Design, develop and support Performance and Capacity Application Dashboard using APEX.
- Design, develop and support complex performance and capacity charts and reports using Tableau Tool.
- Expertise with data architecture, data interoperability and data analytics using Tableau and SQLs.
- Assisted Seagate DBAs and Application Developers with Oracle SQL troubleshooting, performance tuning and enhancements.
- Developed custom Forms and Reports as per client requirements and making them web-enabled using Oracle Reports builder 10g and Oracle Forms builder 10g respectively.
- Migrated SSRS\SSAS application (cube\mdx) to C# application with Tableau front end.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts to run SQL scripts daily.
- Defined and created procedures to install Tableau desktop in silent mode.
Environment: Tableau Server v7/8, Tableau Desktop v7/8, SQL Server 2008/2012, C#, Oracle Forms, Oracle 11g, SQL SSIS, UNIX, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio 2012.
Confidential, Providence, RIResponsibilities:
- Generation of Tableau extracts and implementation of different calculations, visualizations in the Tableau lay out design.
- Understanding and translation of various existing SSRS reports and Tableau dashboards.
- Design, development and deployment of tableau reports. \
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using Report Builder in SSRS reports and send the reports via email.
- Working with User for requirements and part of the team developing the software.
- Training sessions to the employees on the tools
- Created Backup scripts to take periodic backups for the content on Tableau server.
- Defined group level security standards for Tableau
- Designed the strategy for Automated Software Delivery through Silent install for Tableau.
- Installation and configuration of Tableau server in dev. and production environment.
- Authenticating the tableau dashboards before publishing to tableau server.
- Publishing the developed reports to production Tableau server environment.
- Security implementation to tableau server reports based on user community.
- Tableau server API integration with MRCS 4.0 portal integration for trusted authentication.
- Exposure to all phases of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) with in-depth knowledge of agile methodology, enterprise reporting life cycle, SQL server migrations, change control rules, problem solving skills and escalation procedures.
- Experience in Programming AMO OLAP advanced objects like KPI’s and Perspectives.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2008 and in adding calculations using Multidimensional Expression ( MDX ).
- Identified Key Performance Indicators ( KPI) and Metrics for Business needs in SSAS 2008.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, XML, MS Excel, MS Access 2007 & Windows Server 2008 Access 2003 & Windows Server 2003, Tableau 8x BI toolkit\Product stack (Desktop\Server), TFS, Report Builder.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PAResponsibilities:
- Involved in the Requirement Analysis, Design phase and Development phase of Agile SDLC model system.
- Developed various T-SQL objects such as Functions, Tables, Views, Triggers, Indexes, Constraints and created Dynamic and Static Stored Procedures and Queries to develop Decision Engine.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages for Dynamic ETL flow to validate, extract, transform and load data into database.
- Performed Full load & Incremental load with several Data flow tasks and Control Flow Tasks using SSIS.
- Worked on OLAP Data warehouse, Model, Design, and Implementation.
- Maintained Batch logging, Error logging tables and handled errors using Event handlers.
- Created SSIS package to Export and Import data from SQL Server to Access, Text and Excel files and Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic mails.
- Developed reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Parameterized, Drill-through, and Drill-down Reports to get monthly customers account details and profits using SSRS.
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers.
- Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP and OLTP cube, Data mining and Architecture.
- Involved in deploying, configuring and managing reports using Report Manager and Report Builder.
- Formatted the reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs.
- Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T- SQL statements using SQL profiler.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, T- SQL, Power pivot, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio,), Visual Source Safe (VSS), Report Builder.
- Migrated data from the various databases and transformed it by creating SSIS Packages looking at slowly changing dimensions.
- Incorporating business logic to perform ETL operations using SSIS, SQL Loader while converting from web trends to SQL Server.
- Implemented incremental loading as per the daily changes in source database and applied event handlers, checkpoints and error logging on the failure of packages.
- Configured packages to operate them on testing and production environments and scheduled jobs to run the packages and created configuration files to execute package in multiple environments.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly Ad-hoc reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) on the products, cash inflow and the meetings held by the end users.
- Generated analytical reports of market research data and existing customer data using SSRS and reported to the Marketing Department.
- Using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reports to the end users.
- Making daily basis reports as per user requirement using MS Reporting Services.
- Created different user level groups, and assigned appropriate permission level to the database. This made sure that only the right person with enough authority would be able to see the customer Information.
- Involved in creating Cubes in SSAS (MDX) to generate reports to analyze the data.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise code. Test code using structured testing methodology and confirm programs meet specification.
- Work with team members to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Communicated statuses with data warehouse and business intelligence teams and assisted in resolving data-related problems.
- Master working in OLTP & OLAP environments using SSIS, SSRS and SSAS cubes that include QA, Production and development, implemented and maintained database schema and Entity relationship (ERD) diagrams (using ERWIN) from business requirements.
- Good knowledge of defining, developing and deploying Star Schema, Snow flake Schema and Dimensional Data modeling using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 Enterprise, SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSAS, Enterprise Manager, Microsoft office share point portal server 2003. Informatica, SharePoint, BizTalk, VB.Net, BO, Erwin.
- Using a wide range of techniques to capture business requirements.
- Identifying an organizations strengths and weaknesses.
- Working with business owners to develop solutions.
- Assisting in the preparation of business proposals.
- Documenting, testing and implementing software updates.
- Identifying client business requirements.
- Defining project scope and objectives.
- Preparing and analyzing financial performance information.
- Allocating junior staff to tasks and then tracking the progress of their work.
- Making sure that all tests are conducted and documented according the standards agreed upon.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Identifying and managing any anticipated resistance or risks.
- Meeting with project teams to review deliverables and deadlines.
- Producing test plans and scenarios on behalf of the business.
Environment: Microsoft Office, Oracle 9i, Rational Clear Case, XML, MS Visio and Manual Testing.