- 6 + years of extensive experience in Planning, Installing, Configuring, Testing, Migrating, Maintaining, Administering MS SQL Server 2016/14/12/08 on a Standalone & Clustered Servers.
- Proficient in designing & developing Databases involving Normalization/De - normalization, Stored Procedures, Queries, Views, Triggers, User Defined Functions, etc.
- Proficient in writing T-SQL statements: DDL, DML, DCL, TCL
- Expertise in Disaster Recovery, Backup, Query Optimization, Performance Monitoring, Tuning and Troubleshooting T-SQL Query issues.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Azure (PaaS &IaaS), Amazon Web Services technologies.
- Proficient in using SQL server Performance Monitoring Native and Third-Party Tools.
- Expertise in performing Maintenance Tasks, Scheduling & Automation of Jobs
- Experience in Configuring & Monitoring Log shipping, Mirroring, Replication, and AlwaysOn.
- Experience with Windows Clustering, VMware, Firewall, AD, Configuration of IIS.
- Expertise ETL across heterogeneous platforms including SQL Server, MS Access, and flat files.
- Understanding the concept of DWH: Star and Snowflake Schemas, Dimension& Fact Tables.
- Provide support for the design, configuration and maintenance of SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS.
- Expert in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills coupled with interpersonal and communication skills.
- Provide 24X7 mission critical support for production environment to achieve business goals.
IDE: Visual Studio 2015/2012/2010/2008/, SSMS 2016/14/12/08 /2005
MS BI Stack: SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
Languages: SQL/T-SQL, C#, PowerShell
Source Code Control & Testing Tools: TFS, QC, Git, Selenium, Bugzilla, Octopus
Applications/OS: MS Office Suite, Windows Server 2012/R2/2008R2/7,Windows 10/8/7
Third Party Tools: Spotlight, Redgate, LiteSpeed, Idera, Splunk, SQL Search, Beyond Compare
Data Modeler: Visio, ER Assistance
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Installed, configured, maintained and administered MS SQL Servers 2016/2014/12/08
- Configured High Availability Features: Log shipping, Mirroring, Replication, and Clustering.
- Administered backup and recovery of all databases and systems.
- Designed and managed databases, tables, views, indexes, procedures, triggers, constraints, etc.
- Reviewed codes for optimizations and suggested indexes for Dev team.
- Used PefMon, SQL Server Profiler, and Activity Monitor to troubleshoot performance issues.
- Used third party tools to monitor and troubleshot Sql server performance issues.
- Monitored & resolved database spaces, CPUs, Memories, connectivity issues.
- Performed Database Encryption implementation for protecting different data.
- Performed ETL to transform data from different sources to SQL Server DB and vice versa.
- Managed SQL Logins, roles, users as part of Security Policies.
- Performed maintenance tasks and automated SQL server jobs.
- Used PowerShell script to start & stop services, backup and restore databases.
- Created SSIS Packages, Supported configuration and maintenance of SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS.
- Configured, restarted and stopped Internet Information Server (IIS).
- Participated in the different phases of SDLC, STLC, testing methodologies.
- Researched & recommended SQL server technologies effective to meet business goals.
- Participated in project & business requirement meetings.
Environment: SSMS 2016/14/12/08, Windows10/8/7, Windows Server 2012/R2/2008.
SQL Database Administrator
- Create Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, other T-SQL code.
- Perform SQL Server data migration, installed and configured sql server 2012.
- Monitor database space, performance issues, CPU, memory and connectivity issues.
- Setup monitoring alerts for SQL jobs failure/long running jobs and data validation.
- Perform database back up, restore and recovery on test, production & development server.
- Monitor SQL server objects & counters using SQL Profiler, DTA, and Perfmon monitor.
- Upgrade an instance from SQL Server 2005 to 2008 using side by side.
- Document all the processes involved in maintaining the database for future references.
- Create and maintain users’ security permissions and resolved the issue of orphan users.
Environment: MS SSMS 2012/ 08/R2, Windows 7/Vista/XP, Windows Server 2008/03.
SQL Database Administrator
- Create database objects, tables, views, index, stored procedure, functions, sql joins and updates.
- Responsible for data migration from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008
- Configure, monitor and troubleshot Replication, Log Shipping & Mirroring
- Perform database backup and restore, recover database and scheduled jobs.
- Monitor database growth & plan for data storage and servers, schedule jobs.
- Create and manage database objects including tables, views, indexes, constraints
- Created logins, users and security groups.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2003/XP, Windows Server 2003.