- Eleven years of extensive professional IT programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer, Data Analysis, Design, Coding, Reporting, Database modeling, ETL Data Modeling, Maintenance, Testing, Documentation and Implementation of Business Applications.
- Experience on REST services, Message Queues.
- Experience in core Java.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of scripts (SQL Plus/KSH) used in database change management, MySQL to Oracle migrations, and schema setup.
- Expert in creating Business reports, parameterized reports and in designing report layout using oracle reports.
- Experienced on installing oracle, creating database, creating directory, users, roles, grants, table spaces, partitioning in oracle. Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Index (B Tree, Bitmap and Function Based) and other DB objects.
- Experienced in transforming complex business requirements from customer into development plan by using objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers to support Agile development. Good experience in using PLSQL Collections.
- Gather, analyze, summarize database information and prepare recommendations towards SOX initiative within organization.
- Experience in performance tuning for Oracle RDBMS using Explain Plan and HINTS. Performance tuning knowledge in SQL and PLSQL by using explain plan and row source operations to identify bottlenecks in queries and remediate them. Experience in using HPROF for PLSQL code performance.
- Experience in leading a team 4, while still performing database development duties.
- Ability to work independently and drive tasks to completion.
Databases: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g,12c,IBM - DB2
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, HTML, Python
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux
Application Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),Access,D2K,Oracle Forms 9i,Oracle Reports, Visual basic, Visual SourceSafe
Database Development Tools: Toad, SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, SQL Developer, Putty, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, PL/SQL developer, explain plan, awr repository, Informatica, ADDM
Scripting Languages: KSH scripting
Tools: Erwin and Oracle Designer, Power Designer, Testing with Postman, Swagger, Tibco jms queue, Jprofiler
Java and PL\ SQL Developer
- Worked on various phases of the project starting from collecting various business requirement, Designing of architecture, developing and testing.
- Developed REST web services client code using swagger tool for code generation.
- Used Spring and Apache CXF while developing web services and used Postman to test the same.
- Used Tibco jms queue messaging system for internal data transmission.
- Designed and developed migration module.
- Used core java, java threading (to dynamically create processes)
- Used Jprofiler for java code profiling.
Environment: SQL* Plus, SQL* Loader, Java, Eclipse, Windows XP, UNIX,Git.
- Participated in Designing databases (schemas) to ensure that the relationship between data is guided by tightly bound Key constraints.
- Involved in Business Requirements, System analysis and Design of the Data warehouse application.
- Data Analysis primarily Identifying Data Sets, Source Data, Source Meta Data, Data Definitions and Data Formats.
- Designed Physical and Logical Data model and Data flow diagrams.
- Defined both logical views and physical data structure using PowerDesigner
- Wrote UNIX Shell scripts for performing development and DBA activities, Used SED and AWK in UNIX Shell scripting to correct the data issues in the SQL-Loader data file.
- Filtered and Loaded data from different formats of data sources into Database Tables.
- Writing validation packages using PL/SQL package.
- Implemented advanced Bulk collection techniques, DBMS HPROF package to improve performance.
- Developed Installation scripts for all the deliverables.
- Assisted in gathering requirements by performing system analysis of the requirements with the technology teams.
Environment: Toad, SQL* Plus, SQL* Loader, Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server, Informatica 8.5, PowerDesigner, Windows XP, UNIX.
Data Analyst/ Production support
- Database support for Change management and release management.
- Understand business rules and objectives and communicate concerning these with team members and business stakeholders
- Understand application data flow across multiple layers based upon business and technical documentation, as well as from observation of the system itself
- Identify recurrent data quality issues, develop a SQL data fix in a timely manner, communicate this fix with team members and business stakeholders
- Experience in Interfacing with customers to capture requirements and transform them into system design and implementation.
- Experience with Data conversion from legacy systems and client-facing production support and Resolve Production defects.
- Coordinating with Case worker in resolving the Application level issues.
- Generating scripts for bulk Data fix, Creating Dataflow logic.
- Analysis, Designing and Development of Database code.
Environment: DBeaver, SQL* Plus, DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Windows XP, UNIX.
- Maintenance and development of business flows, scripts, code, Architecture design, Creating HLD, LLD, Data Model.
- Comparing Schemas with DB Change Manager and Maintenance of development environment. Syncing with production. Creating/Configuration scripts for dynamic control scripts to keep environment in sync .
- Involved in PL/SQL code review and modification for the development of new requirements. Coded PL-SQL packages and procedures to perform data loading, error handling and logging
- Logic implementation to convert existing product to handle international clients.
- Supported several oracle database development environments with respect to usual maintenance like creating directory, users, roles, grants, storage management, export import, partitioning.
- Created database objects including tables, clusters, Indexes, views, sequences, materialized views, partitioned tables, packages triggers and procedures to troubleshoot database problems.
- Performance Tuning of queries and solved database performance issues using awr reports and oracle dictionary views, OEM using ADDM. Performance tuning of several Queries and stored procedure. Used explain plan and HPROF in identifying issues with the queries. Used oracle views to identify issues with performance at DB instance level.
- Creating client specific metadata definitions and features for core product configuration and enhancements in Cedar applications
- Worked with bulk data, loading of data using CTAS, SQL loader, DBMS SCHEDULER, datapump for handling millions of rows to migrate data using custom scripts.
- Implementing database column level/table space level encryption for SPI fields in database tables as part of SOX compliance for data security.
- Maintained custom Shell scripts for loading and Automating regular tasks.
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tools- Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor
- Worked with bulk data, loading of data using CTAS, sql loader, handling millions of rows to migrate data using custom scripts.
- Developed a Conceptual model using Erwin based on requirements analysis
- Parsed high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Designed and customized data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star Schema) of the Data warehouse and used Erwin to design the business process, dimensions and measured facts.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse.
- Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository Manager.
- Developed mappings to load into staging tables and then to Dimensions and Facts.
Environment: Oracle, Pl/SQL, SQL, Toad, UNIX shell script, Oracle Designer, Informatica Developer 9.6.1, Informatica Power Connect / Power Exchange, Data Analyzer 8.1, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g/9i, Erwin, Autosys, SQL Server 2005, Sybase, UNIX AIX, Toad, Power designer, Tableau Reader
Senior Oracle PL/SQL DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Involved in identifying and implementing logical design from business perspective of complex set of relations for “Firm module” which represented information capture of partners, firms, interns under the firms, firm’s merger-demerger, networking of firms, branches of firms
- Worked as part of team in defining functions, procedure, GUI for data capture and access;
- Defining database constraints, relationships, table structure level design and integration of above module
- Involved in Writing PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions and Database Triggers.
- Designed business logic using advance PL/SQL features such as collections, analytical function and objects, used cursors in PL/SQL stored procedures to process the matching the Agreements.
- Troubleshooting issues related to data, change of requirements, correction of logic, sanitizing data
- Experience in using grouping, summaries, select expert features for the reports based on the end user requirement in oracle reports.
- Developed PL/SQL Packages for loading the image Files to store for different Database Systems.
- Experience in working with application forms 9i.
- Developed PL/SQL code for Exporting the reports to different format like excel, pdf, csv, text files.
- Experience in modifying existing reports and creating Report Templates.
- Worked on a process for extraction of data from various subsystem and transformation of data in order minimize the reports generation time using PL/SQL functions and procedures
- Help tune the reports using PL/SQL arrays and bulk processing
Environment: Oracle 9i, Pl/SQL, PL/SQL Developer, XML, SQL* LOADER.
- Involved in the Database Design gathering sessions for developing the Application.
- Involved in the Data modeling, Physical and Logical Design of Database
- Involved in designing of the system that included an extensive interaction with the end user.
- Developed Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and Database Triggers, arrays, objects.
- Optimized the performance of queries by creating index where ever applicable
- Implemented parameterized cursors and function overloading in the Stored Procedures and packages
- Involved in the testing process like Unit, Database and Performance testing the existing systems and creating reports in SSRS.
- Created process to automate mail generation and printing letters reports from bulk operations
Environment: Oracle 9i, Access, Oracle Reports, VB, SQL, PL/SQL.
SQL, PL/SQL Developer
- Write and review good quality SQL, PL/SQL in order to change/fix data in a Production environment. Create Daily SQL scripts to address production data problems.
- Developed the databases for the individual departments, and the central database, which contains information about all the departments.
- Created Database Objects like Tables, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Views, Joins, Triggers, objects and PL/SQL Functions.
- Developed different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Chart and Graphs, Reports that aggregate data, Reports containing parameters and group, Reports containing Totals and Subtotals.
- Worked with team to import/export and transform the data between the linked servers.
- Validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
Environment: Oracle 9i, Oracle Forms 6i, 9i, Oracle Reports, VB, ASP, UNIX Shell Scripts, SQL, PL/SQL.