- Strong experience in creating, configuring and deploying SSIS packages.
- Excellent T - SQL Developer skills including Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and others. Experience with performance tuning, linked server etc.
- Thorough understanding of Software development life cycle. Ability to work in Agile/Scrum using TFS/JIRA. Familiar with using GIT repositories and Bitbucket
- Maintain positive communications and working relationships at all business levels.
- Recent training and thorough understanding of Hadoop Ecosystem with Spark, Python, Linux, Hue, Impala etc from Cloudera.
Database: MS SQL Server 2008/2014
DW and BI Tools & Packages: SSIS, Visual Studio 2013/2015
Languages: C#, HTML, XML, T-SQL, VB6, ASP.Net
Domain Knowledge: Retail
Software Engineering: Agile/SCRUM, Waterfall
Source Control/PM Tool: TFS, JIRA, Bitbucket
Big Data: Hadoop Ecosystem, Spark, Sqoop,Impala,Hue,Python
Confidential, Charlotte NC
- Write complex T -SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions and views in SQL Server for marketing program calculations, with yearly payouts of over $100 million dollars.
- Modify/analyze existing code to enhance existing processes according to business rules
- Performed basic DBA functions like optimization, indexing, performance tuning
- Task includes attending daily Scrum meetings and Scrum retrospective (at the end of each sprint). Help plan for coming sprint with positive feedback
- Effectively participate in different database level troubleshooting to facilitate regular check run for our client
- Excellent T-SQL Developer skills including Stored Procedures, Indexed Views, User Defined Functions, Triggers, and Distributed Transactions.
- Participate in moderate web development work for troubleshooting and data requests or creating new modules for an existing website implemented for our client. Ability to code using ASP.Net, C#.Net etc. Worked on creating EF models for website.
- Database development on SQL Server 2000/2005 using complex stored procedures, triggers, functions including database tuning, backup/recovery etc.
- Developed and enhanced current reports via SSRS as a SQL Server database Developer.
- Gathered business requirements and preparation of design documents
- Supported full project life cycle activities; determined needs from Internal Client and Vendor projects and reporting plans.
- Develop complex stored procedures, functions on SQL Server 2005/2008
- Performed development and maintenance including creating free-form SQL reports specifically for reporting via SSRS.
- Responsible for database tuning, backup/recovery etc.
- Provided feedback and technical guidance to Project Managers on issues of critical importance to achieving business objectives.