- 8 years of IT experience in the field of Data/Business analysis, ETL Development, Data Modeling, and Data Management & Data Governance.
- Over years of experience in Data Modeling with expertise in creating Star & Snow - Flake Schemas, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling using Erwin and Embarcadero.
- Extensive knowledge of data mining algorithms and statistics
- Strong end-user computing skills (Excel, SharePoint, Power Point, Word).
- Extensive experience using data cleansing techniques, Excel pivot tables, formulas, and charts.
- Involved in various projects related to Data Modeling, System/Data Analysis, Design and development for OLTP, OLAP and Data Warehousing environments.
- Ability to collaborate with peers in both, business, and technical areas, to deliver optimal business process solutions, in line with corporate priorities.
- Proficient knowledge in statistics, mathematics, and analytics. Excellent understanding of business operations and analytics tools for effective analyses of data.
- Well versed experience in all EDI transactions like 834, 837 P, 835, 27x.
- Worked extensively on Erwin and ER Studio in several projects in both OLAP and OLTP applications.
- Expertise in Data modeling for Data Warehouse/Data Mart development, Data Analysis for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Data Warehousing (OLAP)/Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Worked extensively on MS Access in several projects.
- Competence in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) 837 (claim request), 835 (payment), 834 (enrollment and benefit), 820 (premium payment), 270/271 (eligibility status), 276/277 (claim status)
- Successfully implemented HIPAA 4010 and HIPAA 5010 transaction set rules, ICD9 and ICD 10, General equivalence mapping (GEMS) Excellent working experience with XML and ANSI X12 data files
- Worked extensively on Excel and experience with utilizing vLookups sorting and filtering.
- Experience with Teradata as the target for the data marts, worked with BTEQ, Fast Load and MultiLoad
- Created and monitored workflows and tasks using Informatica PowerCenter Workflow Manager.
- Excel expert - (Pivot tables, VLookups, conditional formatting, If statements, Nested if, macros)
- Experience in various phases of Software Development life cycle (Analysis, Requirements gathering, Designing) with expertise in documenting various requirement specifications, functional specifications, Test Plans, Multi-table queries, Source to Target mappings, SQL Joins.
- Experience in coding PL/SQL, SQL using Procedures, Triggers and Packages.
- Good understanding of Relational Database (RDBMS) Design, Data Warehouse/OLAP concepts and methodologies.
- Extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment, in Tableau 6.0, 8.0 and 8.1 as an Analyst.
- Implemented Optimization techniques for better performance on the ETL side and also on the database side.
- Experience in creating functional/technical specifications, data design documents based on the requirements.
- Excellent Communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to perform in a team as well as individually.
Operating Systems: Win XP, Vista, 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008(X32, X64)
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, Teradata 12/13, MySQL 5.2, 5.7, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, DB2
ETL/Other Tools: SSIS (Visual Studio), Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9, SAS Base 9.x, SAS Enterprise Guide, Erwin Data Modeler, ER Assistant
Querying Tools: SQL Management Studio 2008/2013, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, Teradata-BTEQ, PL/SQL
Querying language: SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, Cognos, Excel and PowerPivot, SSRS
Sr. Data Analyst
- Defined and documented requirements for conversion and interface programs
- Prepared technical design documents including detailed data mapping documentation
- Developed conversion and interface programs based on approved specifications (Combination of SSIS, T/SQL, and SQL)
- Performed data analysis and developing data validation scripts to ensure the quality and reliability of migrated data
- Loaded data into target data tables in the application schema
- Conduct timing and capacity testing to ensure production support capability
- Developed exception and data validation reports for transformation and load jobs
- Conduct program walkthroughs with other team members as required
- Conduct walkthrough of test results for approval of data loaded as required
- Developed appropriate technical documentation, such as Visio flow-charts, as required
- Executed SQL scripts,TSQL (stored procedures) and ETL load processes
- Used Microsoft ETL/data integration tools, such as DTS/ SSIS to load the data.
- Extensively designed Data mapping and filtering, consolidation, cleansing, Integration, ETL, and customization of data mart.
- Worked on bug fixes and enhancements.
- Worked on HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets Standards according to the test scenarios such as 270/271, 276/277,837/835 EDI transactions.
- Worked with project team representatives to ensure that logical and physical ER/Studio data models were developed in line with corporate standards and guidelines.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Performed small enhancements (data cleansing/data quality).
- Worked on daily basis with the main frame team to evaluate impact on current implementation.
- Maintain integrity, cleanliness, consistency and organization of data from various sources.
- Designed a metadata system to store all relevant metrics and to drive data warehousing projects
- Developed source to target mapping documents, including business transformation rules.
- Reviewed the logical model with application developers, ETL Team, DBAs and testing team to provide information about the data model and business requirements.
- Define the list codes and code conversions between the source systems and Master Data Repository.
- Executed the test cases to test the functionality of the software as per the business rules.
- Interacted with the developers to resolve the technical and implementing issues.
- Created test scenarios, test data executed for test cases.
- Performed multiple source data analysis for the input OLTP systems.
- Coordinated multiple OLAP and ETL projects for various data lineage and reconciliation.
- Debugging the SQL-Statements and stored procedures for business scenarios.
- Performed extensive Data Validation, Data Verification against Data Warehouse.
- Validating and profiling Flat file Data into Teradata tables using Unix Shell scripts.
- As Data analyst responsible for the understanding the business data requirements, ETL and subsequently creating testing of data in reports.
- Tested several BO Reports for completeness, quality for several business needs including Dashboards, Drill-Down, Master-Detailed, Aggregated, KPI's, Grouped List, Cascade and Web Reports.
- Analyzed the bug reports in BO reports by running similar SQL queries against the source system(s) to perform root-cause analysis.
- Trained a team in using a data mapping tool and the basics of examining mainframe datasets
- Involved in Data Extraction from Teradata and Flat Files using sql assistant.
- Involved in backend testing for the front end of the application using SQL Queries in Teradata data base.
- Performed Teradata SQL Queries, creating Tables, and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- Created and Reviewed Informatica Mapping documents to with business and data governance rules.
- Created SQL queries to generate ad-hoc reports for the business.
- Translated cell formulas for business users in Excel into VBA code to design, analyze, and deploy programs for their ad-hoc needs.
- Created and updated metadata repository in Oracle for End to end DW.
- Designed and prepared scripts to monitor uptime/downtime of different system components.
- Interacting with senior peers or subject matter experts to learn more about the data.
- Extensively worked on data profiling and scanning to de-duplicate records in the staging area before data gets processed.
- Perform numerous data pulling requests using SQL server 2012 and Tableau for analysis.
- Collect data from all clients and make recommendations for improvement.
- Clean, process and load data through ETL and SSIS systems and queries in SQL Server 2012, presented in MS Excel, Tableau report or PDF.
- Create new database objects like Tables, Procedures, Functions, Indexes and Views
- Support the company’s healthcare implementation and training.
- Support, manage, and maintain organizations clinical data in databases in SQL Server.
- Analyze data and develop unique tables, charts and other data displays for inclusion in reports to various clients and as data support for research/consulting staff.
- Worked in Healthcare Claims Administration - Healthcare Claims Processing (837/835) includes facility claims and professional claims
- Interpret data trends or patterns in complex data sets and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Worked with the test team to provide insights into the data scenarios and test case
- Worked on data profiling and data validation to ensure the accuracy of the data between the warehouse and source systems.
- Verify and analyze data mapping issues and work with data analysts to find effective fixes
- Work with clients to establish eligibility data exchange and write data mapping specifications for custom file layouts. Includes testing eligibility data files with vendors, defining profiles and documenting procedures
- Utilize SQL Server Integration Services for daily data extractions from vendors and load into SQL Server database
- Work closely with Business Intelligence Analyst to complete reporting tasks, monitor automated SSIS jobs, and analyze data
- Gather, analyze, and document data requirements for projects of medium to high complexity and moderate to high risk, perform source system data quality analysis.
Data Analyst/Tableau developerResponsibilities:
- Utilized SQL to develop stored procedures, views to create result sets to meet varying reporting requirements.
- Built and supported the transformation of various data inputs into the companies Data Warehouse.
- Data analysis, reporting using Tableau and SSRS.
- Analyzed and designed solutions, create technical integration and consult with QA personnel on their tasks related to the imports and extracts.
- Data Analysis by using SSMS (SSIS, SSRS) and performed ETL tasks.
- Executed Ad-hoc queries to pull up multiple and variant data as needed to maintain the work flow process.
- Performed documentation gathering, requirement gathering on daily basis.
- Carried out specified data processing and statistical techniques and by supplying qualitative and quantitative data to for the assigned tasks.
- Worked with SQL quarries. Responsible for loading, extracting and validating data.
- Analyzing raw data, drawing conclusions and searching for a detailed logical solution.
- Manipulating, cleansing & processing data using SQL Server and Excel.
- Creating dashboards, reports and trend analysis using Power Pivot and Tableau on Agile methodology.
- Collaborated with marketing department on special projects and give the analytical feeds for the growth
- Performing daily system logs: Data entering and audit, creating reports and monitoring accuracy of the data using Tableau. Showing storytelling, boards.
- Identified Data discrepancies and worked with database team to find better solutions.
- Used Visual Studio report builder to design report of varying complexity and maintain system design documents.
- Created ETL solution to read Product and Order data from files on shared network into SQL Server database. Solution validated incoming data and performed notifications when jobs were complete. Loaded order data into SQL Server to generate SSRS reports, which were set up for automatic delivery based on standard report subscriptions.
- Implemented functionalities of application according to business requirements through stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Use SQL, PL/SQL to validate the Data going in to the Data Ware House
- Creating complex data analysis queries to troubleshoot issues reported by users
- Evaluates data mining request requirements and help develop the queries for the requests.
- Conducted UAT (User Acceptance Testing) for multiple iterations by writing Test Cases and signed off the same after approval
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Verified and maintained Data Quality, Integrity, data completeness, ETL rules, business logic.
- In depth technical knowledge and understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Validations, OLAP, SQL Server, Oracle and ETL.
- Involved in Designing Star Schema, Creating Fact tables, Dimension tables and defining the relationship between them.
- Gathered and managed Data in SQL server 2012, MS Access.
- Made business recommendations based on data collected to improve business efficiency.
- Data analysis reporting using Tableau and SQL.
- Demonstrated team cohesiveness and organizational commitment.