- Over 9 years of strong experience in the IT industry as a MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005 Developer/BI Developer. Maintained positive communications and working relationship at all levels.
- Expert knowledge of all phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handlers.
- Skilled in ETL - Extraction Transformation Loading, Data warehousing, Operations Data Store concepts, data marts and OLAP-Online Analytical Processing technologies.
- Proficient knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools.
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects (views, indexes, etc.) based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Wrote various T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures and used them to build packages.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data Source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS.
- Expert in developing Drill through and Drill down reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Extensively used performance monitor/SQL profiler to solve dead locks/long running queries.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, Database Mail and Scheduled DTS and SSIS Packages
- Created Triggers, Cursors, Tables, Views and SQL Joins for various applications.
- Scheduled the SSIS packages and Jobs.
- Hands on experience in Database Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Monitoring, Backup and Disaster Recovery procedure and Replication.
- Quick learner, excellent communication skills and performs great in both team and independent environments.
Languages: SQL, T-SQL,Visual C#
Web Technologies: XML; JSON
Databases: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005, MS Access
Data Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio 2003/2007/2010
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DataStage
OLAP Tools: SQL SERVER Analysis Services(SSAS), ESSBASE
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Query Editor, SQL Query Analyzer, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server
Operating Systems: Windows / 98/2000/2003/ XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 10
Sr. SQL Server SSIS (ETL) /SSRS / SSAS Data Warehouse Developer
- Work within an Agile/Scrum team to produce iterative release with business wide release notes within a two-week cadence.
- Design and build complex relational databases and data warehouses.
- Build and Maintain Cubes in SSAS Multidimensional and Tabular models as well as cubes in our Essbase environments.
- Serve as production support to address any production issues 24 hours a day on a rotating weekly schedule.
- Interact with the Reporting and Analytics team to determine reporting needs and translate those needs into the Data Warehouse Data Model and ETL processing needs
- Design, develop, and implement MS SQL Server SSIS ETL jobs to effectively process high-volume data sources and meet nightly processing windows
- Responsible for the development and management of Enterprise Data Warehouse processes and policies, following strategic direction on best practices for holistic Data Architecture.
- Conduct analysis and design of data models for the development and maintenance of existing Enterprise systems.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation describing the structure, configuration, and functionality of data management systems and data structures
- Responsible for ensuring that the Data Assets of the organization are properly stored in architecture that supports business objectives and goals.
- Maintain and contribute to the architecture of the Business Intelligence reporting
- Review and create logical and physical design and stored procedures.
- Work with IT and Business users to help implement solid, extensible warehouse models that support new analytic requirements using the most relevant techniques.
- Developed SSIS packages using best practices for performance, as well as event error handling and dataflow error handling.
- Utilized parameters to deploy from Development environment through Test and Production.
- Rebuilt existing C# ETL packages within SSIS.
- Utilized SQL Compare to compare data between existing C# feed and new SSIS feed for data validation.
- Utilized multiple data sources including SQL, Oracle, TSV, CSV, and XML
- Developed streamlined SSIS packages to process data from multiple staged sources to save future development time.
- Wrote technical documentation for all feeds, reports, and stored procedures.
- Developed reporting for the client’s needs on all feeds, utilizing parameters and stored procedures.
- Utilized Data Driven Subscriptions to email reports when data is present.
- Developed hierarchal reporting utilizing recursive CTE’s.
- Created a self-referencing report to identify the records that cause infinite loops that would break recursive reporting.
- Optimized existing long running stored procedures that utilized inner and outer cursors by rewriting the script using joins to eliminate the need for cursors.
- Implemented indexing on tables to aide in system performance.
- Met with clients to gather project requirements.
- Hosted meetings to demo the packages and UI alongside the technical documentation for final client approval.
- Utilizing a Business Requirements Document created reporting and Dashboard for another department.
- Created Feed Testing Documentation
- Cross tested and validated coworkers SSIS packages, Stored Procedures, and Reports.
- Developed high level daily summary report and monthly business summary report (Monthly Management Report) by writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures using SSRS.
- Developed Sub Reports, Drill-Down Reports, Drill-Through Reports, Matrices, Charts, and Graphs utilizing cascading parameters.
- Scheduled Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly report subscriptions.
- Utilized single value and multi-valued parameters.
- Created Ad-Hoc reporting to meet business needs.
- Maintained awareness of technology and operations policies and practices and technology initiatives to determine impact on assigned areas of program support and effects changes in operational support systems as necessary to maintain compliance.
- Served as the business project implementation manager to direct the implementation of changes required to support assigned programs.
- Functioned as a business rule subject matter expert for assigned programs of responsibility for audit, client management, operations and technology resources.
- Requirements Gathering.
- Involved in building and maintaining SSIS Packages to import and export the data from various data sources using SSIS based on the design data models.
- Designed SSIS Packages to extract and transform data from SQL, CSV, XML, and Excel to SQL Server
- Performed diagnostics using SQL Server profiler to optimize query performance.
- Created traces using SQL server profiler to find long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning operations.
- Created complex SSIS packages through the use of Execute SQL Task, Conditional Split, Script Component, Slowly Changing Dimension, OLE DB Command, Merge, Merge Join, Union All, Lookup, Multicast, and Row Count Transformations.
- Configured SSIS Packages for run time Parameters and Configuration file.
- Created XML configuration files so that packages can be executed on any server/database by changing the configuration path in the XML files.
- Work with third party vendors to establish ETL package design to and from FTP site.
Sr. ETL DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Consults with clients to help develop Business Intelligence strategy and Roadmap.
- Gathered requirements and helped internally to develop new ETL process for clients in order to improve corporate reporting efficiency.
- Designed SQL SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Oracle database, Excel spreadsheet, and flat files into SQL Server 2008 for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge, SCD, and union all; Scheduled and maintained nightly and weekly loads of data by scheduling SQL agent jobs.
- Responsible for creating complex Stored Procedures, triggers, tables, views, and SQL joins.
- Created design document which consists of the business requirements with source to target with ETL transformation logic.
- Efficiently Used MERGE statement in stored procedures.
- Created event handlers like on post execute, on error etc. for error handling.
- Responsible for Developing, Deploying, scheduling and troubleshooting SSIS packages
- Scheduled SSIS packages to create jobs for daily ETL operations.
- Utilized package and project deployment configurations.
- Utilized variables and expressions within SSIS packages.
- Built end of month reporting on FNMA/FHLMC audit test validation results.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Created and scheduled SSIS packages to load the data from OLTP source system to data staging environment and then to data warehouse environment.
- Designed SQL SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Oracle, Excel, and flat files into SQL Server 2008 for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all; Scheduled and maintained nightly and weekly loads of data by scheduling SQL Agent Jobs.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, triggers, tables, and views and other SQL joins.
- Created traceability mapping document and design document which consists of the business requirements with source to target with ETL transformation logic.
- Efficiently Used MERGE statement in stored procedures.
- Scheduling SSIS packages to create jobs for daily ETL operations.
Confidential, Irving TX
Junior Reporting AnalystResponsibilities:
- Designed, Developed, and Deployed reports using SSRS
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created monthly and quarterly dashboards
- Efficiently utilized cascading parameters
- Performed reporting tuning and optimization
- Completed ADHOC reporting and querying
- Write T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and involved in performance tuning of TSQL queries.
- Created triggers and stored procedures