- More than 7 years of hands - on experience analyzing data using Oracle and SQL Server technologies.
- Experienced in large volume data processing and data analysis.
- In-depth experience with SQL, stored procedures, triggers, joins, scripting, creating jobs and other related concepts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL functions. Imported data from various sources including Oracle, Excel, and Ms Access to SQL Server.
- More than 3 years of experience in creating interactive data visualizations and dashboards using Tableau.
- Demonstrated proficiency developing various reports using SSRS including ad-hoc requests for projects involving data and analysis.
- Certified Master Data Quality Manager.
- Experience in writing test plans, developing and maintaining test scripts, UAT, Regression, and Data Quality testing.
- Hands-on experience with Erwin, MS Visio modeling tools and strong knowledge of Relational Database modeling.
- Designed data quality process flow, wrote data management policies including metadata management, data standards, data quality policies and process.
- Solid understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and methodologies like Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience with requirement gathering, analysis and writing technical documentations based upon which databases and/or reports are designed so as to meet users’ requirements.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence for project management.
- Performed statistical analysis and data mining using tools such as SPSS, Eviews, and SSAS.
- Effectively adjusts to new priorities, processes, and requirements.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to understand complex issues; experience managing multiple priorities and prioritize to meet milestones and strategic thinking.
- Able to interpret business requirements and translate into technical requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to analyze and follow up on issue details.
RDBMS: Oracle, MSSQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2016, MS Access
Languages/Tools: Erwin, Visio, SQL Developer, Tableau, JIRA, Visual Studio, Subversion, Crystal Report, T-SQL, STATA, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, SPSS, Eviews, TETRA
Confidential, Largo MD
Senior Data/Reporting Analyst
- Prepared reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, issue and risk tracking.
- Migrated legacy reports from VBA Excel based process to SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Prepare ad-hoc reports on call and ticket statistics by writing complex SQL queries.
- Created customized and interactive Tableau dashboards using multiple data sources. Tested and deployed various reports and dashboards using Tableau Server.
- Administered Tableau Server by creating/managing Groups, Workbooks and Projects, Database Views, Data Sources and Data Connections.
- Identified and resolved data anomalies by writing SQL queries.
- Developed ETL processes using SSIS and TETRA to import call and ticket data from a file share to SQL Server.
- Identified gaps in current reporting and data quality testing processes and developed processes to fill the gaps.
- Created processes to identify and resolve missing data loads using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developed and implemented database models that stores data on employees, assets, and access.
- Automated presentation of data quality checks.
Tools: used: SQL Server Management Studio, Tableau, SSRS, SSIS, TETRA ETL, Excel, SharePoint, Remedy, Five9Confidential, Arlington VA
- Developed techniques to process large data sets containing customer and vendor information.
- Created reports by writing complex queries to extract results from Oracle database.
- Imported external data into SPSS, performed data cleansing, and generated statistical analysis. Created tables and graphs in SPSS to present the analysis results.
- Imported data from various sources to Oracle Database and performed ETL.
- Identified insights and trends within data by visually analysing it using Excel and Tableau. Created Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts using excel to present a dashboard to business users.
- Developed charts by creating complex calculations and parameters within Tableau to meet the business requirements.
- Performed regression analysis using Eviews to identify the relationship between key business variables.
- Gathered requirements from business and translated them into operational requirements. Documented requirements and updated their status in a task tracking tool.
- Investigated and recommended new analytic technologies and advanced visualizations.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve data needed for reporting and analysis.
- Created stored procedures, triggers, and jobs.
- Delivered insightful solutions to complex problems and impacting the next new products to be sold at the online shopping site.
- Identified errors and issues involving data flow discrepancies and followed up with the data issues to perform data correction.
- Created scripts to automate repeatable reports requested by business managers.
- Utilized enormous volumes of data on customers and merchants to develop advanced statistical algorithms to solve unique problems.
- Utilized large-scale data mining techniques to discover actionable patterns in the data.
- Performed rigorous model evaluation, designed hypothesis tests, oversaw test execution and result evaluation.
- Modeled, predicted, and classified consumer behavior and business metrics.
- Interpreted data and communicated complex findings to leaders across the business.
- Presented research and analysis findings and insights to business managers.
Tools: used: Oracle, SQL Developer, Tableau, Excel, Ms Access, SPSS, EviewsConfidential, Alexandria, VA
- Performed complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing requests from external and internal requestors. Worked with the requestor to develop and understand the request while tracking time and status in the work request system.
- Routinely wrote complex queries to extract results from Oracle database for a wide variety of data requests.
- Tested ETL code, configurations, jobs, mappings, transformations, enrichments, cleansing, data warehouse load routines, activity monitoring, events, and scheduler.
- Used data analysis techniques to validate business rules and identify low quality missing data in the existing database.
- Handled complex data processing issues.
- Collected reporting requirements from business users, documented the requirements and updated the documents as required.
- Designed, developed, and maintained various reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Created and automated daily, weekly, and monthly reports from SQL Developer on Oracle Database.
- Reviewed and contributed to logical data models, physical data models, data dictionary, and data flow diagrams.
- Monitored scheduled stored procedures and automated reports to ensure successful completion.
- Wrote and executed PL/Sql queries to retrieve data needed for reporting, testing, and validation.
- Modified legacy reports to correct longstanding problems and built new reports to address the changing needs of business.
- Created database objects like tables, views, procedures, packages using Oracle utilities like PL/SQL and SQL Developer. Created several PL/SQL Packages and Procedures to monitor data quality and data transfer between various sites and systems.
- Developed and executed data quality test strategies for various data validation of complex data loading, migration, transformation, and extraction processes. Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performed assessments of data quality pursuant to standard methodologies and report results using standard formats.
- Performed data quality analysis on processed data and analysed input and output for accuracy. Identified data quality problems and assisted in developing remediation strategies.
- Troubleshoot and fix data issues identified by automated data quality checks.
- Represented data management as part of a Agile development team providing data analysis, data quality, and standards.
- Worked with DBAs in upgrading the current version of Oracle to a virtual database.
- Created, edited, and maintained documents that describe the elements and flows of data MSRB collects, transforms, and disseminates.
- Identified insights and trends within data by visually analysing it using Tableau.
Tools: used: Oracle, SQL Developer, Erwin, Visio, Tableau, Jira, Ms Access, SSRS, Crystal ReportsConfidential, Washington, DC
- Communicated with business customers to establish data requirements. Participated in designing, developing and administrating transactional and analytical data of the business.
- Wrote complex queries to solve various business needs.
- Created various reports using SSRS.
- Performed data extraction, transformation, and cleaning using SSIS.
- Prepared ad-hoc reports using Excel and deployed reports to web portal.
- Performed data analysis and data validation by writing complex SQL queries using SQL Server.
- Created tools or queries to obtain data from central data repository for the purposes of reporting and analysis.
- Used MS Visio to represent system under development in a graphical form by defining use case diagrams, activity diagrams and workflow diagrams.
- Performed extensive QA on incoming and outgoing data to ensure format and standard compliance.
- Involved in data processing tasks related to conversion, extraction and mining valuable information from the ODS.
- Ensured reliability of data through analytical techniques and reviewed the accuracy of both regular and ad hoc reports.
- Performed statistical analysis of macroeconomic data using tools such as SPSS, Eviews, and STATA.
- Performed quantitative and qualitative analysis of econometric data, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Defined data requirements and gathered and validated information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Utilized programming and analytical tools including SQL to formulate mathematical or simulation models.
- Analyzed business problems, and compiled, analyzed, and reported data as part of economic impact research and analysis based on new and existing econometric data.
- Performed computer based analyses of data from proprietary economic data sources focused on international economics trends and household surveys.
- Supported various daily, weekly and monthly processes.
Environment: Agile, ERP, Windows XP, SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Visio, SPSS, EviewsConfidential, Alexandria, VA
- Performed complex data analysis and provided feedback and recommendations to directors.
- Designed and developed programs and generated standard reports, customized and new reports for 7 different business units.
- Participated in creating various reports using SSRS to facilitate informed decision-making by users.
- Performed data analysis and data validation by writing complex SQL queries using SQL against the SQL server database.
- Closely monitored system performance after implementation to address minor performance issues and evaluate overall system.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to pull and process data from multiple data sources (SQL Server, flat files, etc).
- Downloaded data from various sources.
- Loaded data into SQL database and convert it to applicable dataset to make it ready for report generation.
- Responded to users’ requests for additional data.
- Worked as a member of the Analytics team to understand the business needs, provided in-depth analysis and presented to business management teams.
- Provide regular reports on key business metrics.