- 12 years of experience as Database Administrator for VLDB in SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 and 2005.
- Expertise in Database Administration on Production Servers with server configuration, performance tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Proficiency and expertise in SQL Server Replication, Backup/Recovery, Disaster recovery and planning.
- Installation (Standalone & Clustered) and Configuration (Pre & Post) of SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014 Enterprise Edition
- Applying Service Packs and Upgrading SQL to the latest Version.
- Experience in Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Have good experience on database instance migration.
- Designing & Deploying databases for various front - end applications.
- Good knowledge in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
- Implementing Backup & Recovery plans; Files and File Group management
- Identifying and analyzing Deadlock situations in SQL Server
- Creation of Logins, Roles and granting rights - maintaining security as per organization policy
- Good Knowledge on Change Data Capture and SQL Auditing.
- Good knowledge of T-SQL
- Good Knowledge on Capacity Planning.
- Expert in data transformation services and Bulk Loads with SSIS and BULK INSERT ETL operations.
- Experience in using DMV and dynamic management functions for finding out long running queries.
- Well versed with High Availability technologies like Clustering / Mirroring / Always ON.
- Rich Experience in automating database monitoring and administration tasks using scripts, implementing changes and capacity planning.
- Good knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Handling Memory configurations for SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2012 on Windows 2012.
- Experience in Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup, Database Monitoring tools and Application support.
- Troubleshoot performance problems, fine-tuning of databases and index Analysis.
- Worked on SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012 migration from SQL Server 2008 / 2005.
- Experience on 64 bit SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012 / SQL Server 2008 R2 systems and MSCS Configurations.
- Intensive experience in monitoring and tuning SQL Server and database performance using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Experience of installing, configuring, deploying, Integrating SQL Server Reporting services, Analysis Services on SQL Server.
- Experience in supporting Very Large databases (VLDB) and troubleshooting the problems.
- Strong experience in mentoring team members and writing documentation.
- 24 X 7 Production Database on Call Support.
- Experience in Database administration activities for DB Security (creating users, roles, and assigning permission to them).
- Good Knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation and testing.
- Proactively monitor MS SQL Server health and performance ensure high availability and reliability of the DB application environment and provide recommendations to improve performance and scalability of the SQL Server instances.
- Build, and enforce database change management, security standards and best practices.
- Design and implement all database security to ensure integrity and consistency among the various database regions.
- Participating in process, application and database audits (SOX).
- SQL Server 2005 / 2008 /2012 / 2014 Database Development and AdministrationChange Management
- Problem Management and Release ManagementSSIS/SSAS/SSRS/Power BI ReportingMS Office and MS ProjectDevelopment
- Debugging deployment and support of applications using .Net technologiesIIS AdministrationMicrosoft AzurePowerShellSharePoint administrationPower BI
Sr SQL Database Administrator & Data Analyst
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems .
- Apart from Daily and routine DBA tasks, managing data processing ETL packages which will be ingesting data from several data sources and processed through applying many business logic calculations.
- Closely work with Executive Users, Solution Delivery, Credit Managers and Reporting Team members and help them on data issues with dashboard reports, report builder reports, MSRA reports and Power BI reports.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Perform root cause analysis and participates in incident management
- Expert in Using DMVs, Performance dash board, Mirroring, database snapshots and tracking Performance Counters.
- Administration and Maintenance of SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008 databases in Production, Staging, QA and development environments.
- Responsibilities include the Production and Application Support for the Database and Application Servers.
- Provide and Monitor database "health" - availability, reliability, performance and capacity planning using SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Wizards.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Pr epare the reports for Service Desk reviews with the client.
- Created Power BI dashboard on the migration status, SQL and Incident, Problem management metrics.
Sr SQL Database Administrator
- Migrated SQL servers from Tukwila to Columbia datacenter.
- Installed and administered Four-Node Cluster Active/Active on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Enterprise Edition on SAN environment
- Install SQL server, configure as per application standards and migrate the databases.
- Automate the manual work specific to SQL.
- Troubleshoot SQL and performance related issues.
- Performed server migration with all UAT & Business UAT and Production environments for Warehouse, Factory, Middle tier and MSRA Reporting, Pump and File servers OLAP Processing servers.
- Scheduled Server patching, Server upgrading, migrating applications in clustered environments, keeping all the systems updated by testing on the new upgraded versions of SQL & windows server products.
- Coordinating with multiple source teams, Data protection management and Server support teams to get rid of any processing or infrastructure challenges during financial year end period.
- Worked on automating Monthly refresh tasks using with PowerShell
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Involved in Source Data Analysis, analysis and designing mappings for data extraction also responsible for Design and Development of SSIS Packages to load the Data from various Databases and Files.
SQL Database Administrator
- Administer around 225 SQL Servers and make sure that their health Metrics are under compliance.
- Keep the version of SQL Servers stay current working with the application team.
- Configure new reports using SSRS for the business users as per the requirements.
- Migrate the SSRS reports from old versions of SQL to new versions of SQL.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server 2012 and Flat files.
- Regularly monitor and automate where ever possible.
- Do the capacity planning of SQL Servers for every 6 months.
- Regularly collect the compliance data and analyze KPI details.
- Prepare the reports for Service Desk reviews with the client.
- Make sure to get trained in the latest versions of SQL server and train the team on the same
SQL Support Analyst
- Work on High Availability technologies of SQL Server - Replication / Log shipping / mirroring which the application used.
- Installing, Configuring and Maintaining SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005 (64 bit) on Active/Active Cluster with latest Service Packs, Hot Fixes.
- Designed the Database Recovery plan and implemented the Database Mirroring in SQL Server 2008 R2 and participated in Disaster Recovery Drill processes.
- Worked on Mirroring which is placed in NLB for high availability as part of the project design.
- Managing and Configuring Databases, Optimizing Stored Procedures, Performance Tuning, Optimizing Indexes and Troubleshooting Memory related issues.
- Securing SQL Server via Managing Logins, users and object level permissions.
- Configuring and Optimizing SQL Server Agent, Managing all maintenance Jobs and Deploying.
- Monitoring and Tuning SQL Server - Managing Messages, System Monitor, Setting Trace Flags, Setting up Job Notifications and Capacity Planning and Sizing.
- Command-Line Utilities, working with DBCC commands and extended stored procedures.
- Managing SQL Server, managing multiple instances, configuration of SQL Server, Optimizing Memory.
- Up-gradation of database from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 including the Bi-Transactional replication using the T-SQL scripts
- Backup and Recovery plan, Usage of SQL Lite Speed in some applications.
- Hot fix, SP upgrade on servers.
- Installation and managing of IIS on Windows server.
- Management of Shares/Permission on folders with/without Cluster Administration.
- Windows Clustering and NLB - Troubleshooting Clusters, adding dependencies and managing Cluster resources.
- Managing Service Requests using the tool MSE (Microsoft Service Enterprise).
- Configuring and monitoring Site Scope alerts.
- Rebuilding / Monitoring the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
Quick Fix Engineer
- Responsible for coding and designing of user interfaces and scripting web pages
- Designed and developed back-end procedures
- Integrating with back-end procedures.
- User Controls for designing Web Pages and Testing
- Gathered the requirements and was involved in the preparation of the SRS (System Requirements Specification)
- Involved in the design and analysis of the application.
- Developed the Prototype for all the Working models in the Branch module
- Have used Different reporting tools, Data Reports and Crystal Reports in generating various complex reports
- Involved in the Documentation of User Manual.
- Provided Training for Operating Personnel at site.