- Over 7 years of IT experience in database design, development, and maintenance by using SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Experienced working in various fields like Retail Business, Banking, and Financial services.
- Strong experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and good knowledge on SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Extensive experience in creating and maintaining database objects such as tables, views, constraints, indexed, and stored procedures. Experienced in Database Modeling and Database Architecture based on functional requirements and system design of the client using RDBMS concepts and constructs.
- Hands on experience in working with project team using agile methodology.
- Working knowledge in Developing and Maintaining the MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Cubes, Data Mining Models, Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Good experience in Creating, Populating and maintaining Data marts. Thorough knowledge of Features, Structure, Attributes, Hierarchies, Star and Snow Flake Schemas of Data Marts.
- Hands on experience in TFS build automation, publishing build using Visual Studio.
- Experienced in working with project team through all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) - Feasibility study, Project Analysis, Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Documentation, and Warranty Support.
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like Drill down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart and Sub Reports.
- Experience in developing, monitoring, extracting and transforming data using SSIS, Import Export Wizard, and Bulk Insert.
- Excellent in High Level Design of SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources like (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and union all.
- Experience in using tools like MS SQL Profiler, Query execution plan, Windows performance for monitoring and tuning SQL Server performance.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, functions, and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Experience in maintenance and Administration of SSIS by creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Expert in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple tables joins and subqueries.
- Great experience in deploying reports to the report server, scheduling the snapshot, maintaining the snapshot history, and good knowledge on creating subscriptions.
- Experienced in using Multi-Dimensional Expressions (MDX) queries for calculated member of OLAP cube.
- Great understanding of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Great knowledge in developing SSAS dimensions, facts, and data source views.
- Great skills in gathering requirements, assessing client needs, and working in groups.
- MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- MS SQL Server 2008 R2
- Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- Report Builder
- Windows 7/8
- SQL Profiler
- SQL Query Analyzer
- OLAP Services
- SQL Server Agents
- R Programming
- Crystal Report
Sr MS SQL Server Developer
- Involved in creating ER diagrams and mapped the data into database objects.
- Involved in the analyzing and solved problems doing the Client Application system's installing, upgrading and running stages.
- Created new logical and physical design of database to fit new business requirement and implemented new design into SQL Server.
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Created schemas, views, stored procedures, Triggers and functions for Data Migration. Involved in the complete life cycle of the project, from Planning Staging and pushing the codes to production.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs
- Designed a report on the monitoring of Server Performance using Task Manager. This report gives a detail report to the management on the Performance of the server.
- Created tabular, drill down and parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Migrated ad-hoc reports from excel and crystal reports to SSRS.
- Generated server side T-SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
- Monitored the overall performance of the database to recommend and initiate actions to improve/optimize performance.
- Designed and created ETL packages in MS SQL Server using SSIS.
- Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Configured SQL mail Agent for sending Automatic emails on Errors.
- Created the structure of the model and cube in SSAS and reviewed Cube with end user and changed the cube and documentation according to their requirements
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Visual Studio, T-SQL, Microsoft Office Excel 2013.
Sr MS SQL Server Developer
- Created Store procedures, functions and triggers for retrieval and update of data in the database.
- Designed and Implemented SSAS cubes architecture, facts and dimension tables to perform analysis.
- Generated Dynamic reports from OLAP Cubes (SSAS) using SSRS.
- Designed developed and deployed cascaded reports and Dash boards in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS and integrated to Share point server.
- Involved in Database/ table modeling and partitioning with Star Schema.
- Created dash boards to show and analyze the performance of the project.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse and OLAP data marts.
- Transformed data into SQL server database using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Created Data Transformation tasks like BULK INSERT to import/export data from clients
- Generated Daily, Weekly and Monthly Trigger based reports regarding assigned projects to designated Managers and Clients.
- Used SQL Profiler and SQL Query analyzer for performance tuning.
Environment:: MS SQL Server 2012, Crystal Reports, MS Access, SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL, SQL Reporting server.
MS SQL Server / BI Developer
- Translated business needs into data analysis, business intelligence data sources and reporting solutions for different types of information consumers.
- Developed high Level Design of ETL DTS Package in MS SQL Server for integrating data from heterogeneous sources.
- Created SQL server Reports using SSRS for management. Tasks included defining requirements, design, develop, test, implement and maintain reports using SSRS Reports.
- Developed several reports with consistent drill-down functionality including Drilldown reports, Summary reports and Master Detail reports
- Developed Custom Functions, Manual Running Totals and Complex Formulas for reports.
- Used breaks, calculations, sorts, filters and sections to enhance data presentation in reports.
- Created Queries for generating drill down reports in SSRS.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Good experience and knowledge of working with Report Manager, Report Builder, Reporting Security and Reporting Services Configuration manager.
- Created variables and defined formula to capture user responses to a prompt and to display document information for Web reports
- Collected business requirements, designed data maps and data models. Created Internal and External Design Documents and Transaction Definition Documents.
- Created report in SQL Server and deployed them on local-host for remote access.
- Tuned lots of ad-hoc queries and stored procedures, by creating indexes, making proper joins.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL, Windows XP, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS)
Sr MS SQL Server DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Work with key clients to support needs analysis and coordinate with senior compliance domain experts to drive requirements.
- Worked as a developer in developing relational database schema, creating complex Stored Procedures, triggers, tables, views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Constructed Cubes and Deployed analysis projects using SSAS based on data volume, as well as developed of KPI’s which helped the Business users for easy understanding.
- Imported data into SQL database then using SSRS for advanced analysis and visualization by creating various tables, graphs that can be combined into dashboards and, delivered to clients and internal teams.
- Designed and created Dashboard with KPI’s, Scorecard and reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Excel.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down repots using SSRS.
- Developed Report Models using report builder and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Conducted performance tuning by using SQL Profiler and index tuning.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS.
Environment:: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office Excel.
MS SQL Server/BI DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Part of BI team responsible for creating and maintaining Data Warehouse, developing various reports as per business requirement.
- T-SQL used for creating various complex objects such as tables, views, functions, store procedure.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in T-SQL, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant data, established joins and created indexes as needed.
- Involved in daily batch loads (Full & Incremental) into Staging and DW, troubleshooting process, issues and errors using.
- Involved in creating the SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in all environment.
- Worked intensively with business users gathering requirements to generate customized SQL reports using SSRS.
- Created scheduled jobs to run the packages as the business requirements.
- Involved in creating Migration document, database script, SSIS package upgrade, SQL agent scripts.
- Optimized existing reports and process new changes as per business requirements.
- Continuously observe performance of production data warehouse and optimize it for enhancing the performance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Profiler, Visual Studio, Microsoft Office, Management Studio.