- Over 8 years of IT experience with all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) involving system analysis, design, development and implementation.
- Working experience with fortune 500 companies in various Industry verticals of Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Finance and communications in United States.
- Good experience of designing, implementing, maintaining & documenting complex database applications and data warehousing with MSBI stack (SSRS, SSIS & SSAS).
- Extensively worked with the business users to gather their requirements to actively cataloging, supporting issues and providing their solution.
- Performed system study and requirements analysis, prepared data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams (ERD), data diagrams & table structures.
- Background in data warehousing projects development and five years of ETL & reporting experience using SQL Server SSIS/SSRS
- Experience in data modeling, data mapping and creating data dictionary. Exposure of using Erwin, MS Visio etc.
- Proficient with database design activities including data files and file group organization, capacity planning and data partitioning.
- Experience with creating and maintaining the Test strategy/flow document for ETL and other related applications which communicate with ETL tools and technology. Tested every entry point in the system to provide rapid localization of data issues to achieve highest data quality possible.
- Experience with testing and implementing hot fixes, security patches and service packs.
- Extensively experienced with implementing database backup, replication, recovery and security procedures.
- High level skills with data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services & DTS. Bulk Insert, BCP, data migration across different databases like Oracle, MS Access, Excel, CSV, Flat files, OLTP and OLAP
- Good with business and system analysis skills to understand the requirements of the clients’ need.
- High level skills with SSMS, T - SQL (DDL, DML), complex queries, tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, cursors, user defined functions and triggers.
- Strong working experience of Data Warehouse techniques and practices including ETL processes, dimensional data modeling (Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema), OLAP and Database performance tuning.
- Experience in creating Chart, Gauge, Drill Down, Drill Through, Sub Report and Linked Report using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) and Excel reports using SSIS.
- Excellent understanding of Normalization/De-Normalization and database design methodology.
- Expert in adapting to various environments, situations with strong organizational and management skills.
- Extensive Experience in analyzing query plans using extended stored procedures, managing indexes, locks and troubleshooting deadlocks.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
SQL Server Developer / Data Analyst
- Designed Deductible Recovery System for P&C (LMC, AMRRP and SSCIP) and WC (LMCWC) claims using SSIS component, functionality of this system is to figure out what needs to be recovered from insured based on the business rule as per the program.
- Designed Experience Mod rating system using SSIS and T-SQL to calculate ERM value to renew a policy.
- Designed and developed various reports (Parameterized, Sub Report, and Linked Report majorly) for P&C and WC claims using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for daily and monthly.
- Working on building Dividend process (creating stored procedure and functions).
- Extensively worked on data Conversion from legacy system WINS (Excel spreadsheets) to new system Guidewire (Claim Central) in SQL Server 2012 databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and T-SQL.
- Involved in testing and debugging the reports ensuring data accuracy.
- Gathering business requirement by understanding business Processes in weekly client meetings including Application Team and doing Requirement.
- Documented data mapping, Stored procedure and SSIS packages for future reference.
- Developed the Balancing process(Reconciliation) between CC and DW to check whether the Main Application (CC), is in sync with Data Warehouse(DW) or not based upon the result set creates daily balancing report.
- Designed Data flow diagram using MS Visio after analyzing the business requirement.
- Given presentation to client using Data flow diagrams and other supporting documents to explain how the finish product will work.
- Involved in complete life cycle of the project and experience in interacting with end users right from gathering requirements to production support.
- Providing testing support and analysis in resolving defects affecting the business release or production coordination of operations release validation activities.
- Interacting with business analyst, Development Team and Managers to analyze business needs and developed technical specifications.
- Involved in preparing/executing test cases to find the defects.
- Involved in writing the Technical System Design document and the support and maintenance documents for the possible failure, recovery and regular maintenance tasks.
- Analyzing data, understanding data models, translating requirements and populating data warehouse tables.
- Verified the system works as planned or not by unit testing (UT), System Integration Testing(SIT) and verified the systems meets user needs or not by user acceptance test (UAT) and completed integration testing.
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
- Migrated data from legacy system (Sybase, text based files, Excel spreadsheets, and Access) to SQL Server 2012 databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created SSIS packages to transfer data from Sybase to SQL server using different SSIS components and used configuration files and variables for deployment.
- Used various transformations as per the business requirements to extract the data and load into the appropriate destination tables.
- Efficiently used package logging to troubleshoot problems occurred during the execution of the package at run-time.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created clustered/non-clustered indexes wherever necessary using Index Tuning Wizard.
- Used various transformations like Multicast, Conditional split, OLEDB Command, Script Component and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Performed Database administration tasks such as taking backup of tables and databases, restoring a database and moving data from one database of a server to another using import and export.
- Performed data analysis to identify legacy data needed to cleanse prior to the migrations.
- Designed and implemented a promotion process to deploy the SSIS Packages, configuration files on to different environments.
- Scheduled the SSIS Packages to be run on different environments and monitored the process.
- Created SSRS reports for data quality issues with the legacy system.
- Deploy SSRS reports to the report server and export into excel files.
- Created logical mapping documents and converted into physical mapping document.
- Worked on de-duplication data using SSIS and T-SQL.
- Created User defined functions to encapsulate frequently and commonly used business logic making the system more modular, secured and extensible.
- Developed SSIS packages to extract data from various interfaces and load the data into the staging for scrubbing and data cleansing.
- Developed SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to load dimension and fact tables in ODS for reports.
- Wrote T-SQL scripts to validate and correct inconsistent data in the staging database before loading data into database.
- Created logical model using MS Visio.
- Performed data transfer (import & export) using BCP.
- Analyzed the query plan and modify the scripts and/or objects to enhance performance.
- Used SSIS for data import and export data from SQL Server to Access, Text and Excel files.
- Documented all processes involved in maintaining the database for future reference.
- Participated in status meetings, and conducting internal discussions, reviews as well as formal walkthroughs among team members.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012 SSIS, SSRS, MS Access 2007, Microsoft Visual Studio, MS Visio, Top Team
Confidential, New York, NY
SQL Developer/SSIS Developer
- Designed, coded, tested and implemented user interfaces, procedures and functions for new and existing software application requirements.
- Created new database objects like stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes and views using T-SQL in development and production environment
- Scheduled jobs and alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Migrated data from heterogeneous data sources and legacy system (Access, Excel) to centralized SQL Server database using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to overcome transformation constraints.
- Performed data cleansing by creating tables to eliminate the dirty data using SSIS.
- Involved in performing incremental loads while transferring data from OLTP to data warehouse using different data flow and control flow tasks in SSIS
- Involved in identifying and creating data sources and data source Views in SSAS.
- Used .NET CLR for extended stored procedures, and C# for writing scripts
- Created and tuned databases, performance planning, backup planning and database administration.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as tuning, backup, restoration and disaster recovery.
- Provided high availability solutions by using replication, mirroring and log shipping.
- Implemented different types of replication Models (Snapshot, merge and transactional) and log shipping
- Wrote SSIS scripts for data transfer.
- Responsible for database backups, data-replication, encryption and database security.
- Developed custom reports using SSRS/SQL Server BI studio.
- Used performance monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers.
- Provided 24x7 on-call and on-site support and troubleshooting issues that came up in scheduled jobs.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, Enterprise Manager, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, ERWIN, UML, MS Project, .NET, C#
Confidential, Farmingdale, NJ
MS SQL Server BI / ETL Developer
- Responsible for data mapping document: from staging/Data warehouse/Report-data mart.
- Created SSIS package to extraction and load data into the Data warehouse and Report-Data mart.
- Created SSIS package to load data from flat file to flat and flat file to Data warehouse and Report-Data mart using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Created VB.Net Script for data flow and error handling using Script component in SSIS.
- Created complex script to load Confidential operational data to support direct mail and email campaigns.
- Filtered bad data from legacy system using complex T-SQL statements, and implemented various constraint and triggers for data consistency.
- Created/Updated Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Cursor, Views, and Indexes with extensive use of T-SQL.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity.
- Involved in Unit testing in SSIS Packages, query verification in SSRS, Stored Procedure the Oracle developed scripts.
- Created various reports to support marketing and analytic requirements using SSRS and Crystal reports.
- Created ad-hoc Business object environment for reporting and analytics.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, Oracle 10g, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Crystal Reporting Services v10, JIRA v3.11, AccuRev v4.5, Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2005, ASP.NET2.0,VB.NET, .NET Framework 2.0, Windows XP, Office 2007
Confidential, Malvern, PA
SQL Server BI Developer/Migration analyst
- Enhanced the old logical and physical database design to fit new business requirement, and implemented new design into SQL Server 2005.
- Installed SQL Server 2005 and Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Created SSIS packages for the extracting, transforming and loading the data from SQL Server 2000 and flat files.
- Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to transform data from SQL 2000 to MS SQL 2005.
- Responsible for creating batches & scripts for implementing logical design to T-SQL.
- Responsible for creating database objects like table, views, store procedure, triggers etc. to provide structure to store data and to maintain database efficiently.
- Created Views and Index Views to reduce database complexities for the end users.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimizing queries using SQL server 2005.
- Created indexed generic views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, security, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Created SSIS Packages to perform filtering operations and to import the data on daily basis from the legacy databases to SQL server.
- Create complex scripts to do chucking and massaging of legacy data in staging area of SSIS package.
- Schedule Jobs to run SSIS package in night feed to DSS system for fresh day data.
- Wrote standard & complex SQL Queries to perform data validation and graph validation to make sure test results matched back to expected results based on business requirements.
- Created trace in SQL Profiler for Performance tuning on stored procedures and Scripts.
- Modified old crystal reports by adding new business requirements using SSRS.
- Created useful user defined functions and multifaceted stored procedures for reporting purposes.
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary reports, and Matrix reports in SSRS.
- Created Documentation for the packages and scripts and job created to migrate data from legacy system to SQL Server 2000.
- Extensively involved in Developing Components for Presentation Layer, Business Layer and Data Layer for Windows based application.
- Build Data Controls and User Controls using C# and are used in UI design.
- Used C# for developing business performed a unit testing of the application by using Visual Studio Unit Test.
- Ran Import/export wizard to provide CSV and Excel files to managers for the particular records they want for different meetings.
- Configured Report Manger and run reports on weekly and daily basis