- Over 8 years of IT experience in the SQL Server 2005/2008 database design and administration experience within a high volume, transaction-oriented web environment.
- Excellent track record in 3-Tier solutions for implementation methodologies of tuning the databases and performing DBA daily, weekly & monthly checklist.
- Analysis, Design, Development, Administering, Implementing and Testing Client/server application using Microsoft SQL Server and BI suite.
- Involved in DBA activities such as backups, restores, replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring and involved various phases of the software development life cycle.
- Expertise in Performance improvements on Very large Databases by implementing various transformations like Bifurcation, Internal Partitioning Table in different Filegroups , Reindexing and Defragmentation tasks and Query Optimization.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention like Database Shrinking /Compressing.
- Experience emphasizing on XML feeds and fine-tuning, and scalability techniques. Experience in converting data between incompatibleinprogramming languages using ORP(Object Relational Mapping).
- Experienced in creating indexed views, complex stored procedures, effective triggers, and useful functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage.
- Experienced in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and scheduling DTS Packages.
- Skilled in securing the database by managing the access monitoring to users like login permissions, Managing the clustered environment of servers and playing a key role in Disaster Recovery.
- Experienced in logical, physical, and dimensional data modeling, data mapping, and data normalization, well versed in ERWIN.
- Extensive experience with different phases of project life cycle (Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and debugging new and existing client-server based applications).
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development including Integration Services, DTS, Microsoft Analysis Services, Performance tuning, Reporting, Designing logical/physical databases and Troubleshooting.
- Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues and Proficiency in creating different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP and Sub reports, and formatting them.
- Experienced in various Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) tasks using SSIS including tools like BCP utility, DTS and SSIS (2000/2005 / 2008) Packages with proper control & data flow elements.(5-6TB).
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, understand business requirements in various domains. In-depth knowledge of T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, BI suite, Reporting and Analytics.
- Experienced with Adhoc reporting, Parameterized, Custom Reporting using SSRS for daily reports and SSIS projects.
Education: MS in Computer Science Engineering.
MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/7.0,MS Access 97/2003, DTS (Data Transformation Services), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, OLAP Services, SQL Agents, SQL Alerts, SQL Jobs, SQL Mail, ER-Studio, C, MS Visio, XML, T-SQL, SOAP, LDAP, HTML, UNIX, VBScript, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports 9, MOSS (SharePoint), DTA, ADO, Sybase, VMware vSphere, Equallogic SAN, OLEDB, DB2, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, BizTalk system sprocs, Filenet, MS Office, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP.
Tethys Bioscience Emeryville, CA 2/2011 - Present
MS SQL ServerDBA/Analyst Programmer
Tethys Bioscience was founded in 2002 by two biotechnology veterans which is now a Technology Pioneer 2012 by the World Economic Forum, in recognition of the PreDx Diabetes Risk Score’s (DRS) potential to have a significant impact on preventing diabetes, improving treatment outcomes, lowering healthcare costs and reversing the course of the devastating diabetes epidemic. The project involved in being part of the architecture review team enduring Manufacturing and Logistics solutions with planning and scheduling for stuffing, destuffing, Billing, vendor-managed inventory and warehouse management.
- Work with a project manager to determine the database infrastructure for a new third-party software package.
- Scheduling Backup and Recovery for periodically irrespective of load of jobs on Servers at off work hours.
- Help in-house developers improve performance of their applications.
- Implement VMware vSphere, a new Equallogic SAN, Veeam backups, virtualize existing hardware in Development Environment, and train company staff on management, all in one week.
Upgrade the MS SQL server from 2005 to 2008 R2.
- Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions for this project.
- Monitor status of company’s sales infrastructure, all of which went through SQL Server.
- Consolidate Databases onto less servers to cut software and infrastructure costs.
- Was part of the company’s architecture review team to ensure long-term success of app designs.
- Review SQL Server performance and train staff on areas for improvement in code, storage, indexes, and configuration in three days.
- Designed the Performance improvement Strategies on Very large Databases by implementing various transformations like Bifurcation, Internal Partitioning Table in different Filegroups , Reindexing and Defragmentation tasks and Query Optimization.
- Jump-start a company’s failed SQL Server blade deployment project, fix configuration issues, load test it, and be ready to go live in one day.
- Handle highest level of support escalation calls about SQL Server, hardware, and storage issues.
- Worked with developers to tune the SQL queries using SQL Profiler.
Confidential, CA 3/2010 -2 /2011
MS SQL Server DBA
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Franciscois the federal bank for the twelfth district which is made up of nine western states in the United States. The Federal Reserve Bank in San Francisco has one of the largest collections of US paper money in the United States, which is displayed in the American Currency Exhibit. The project involved in installation, configuration and administration of SQL Servers. Also preparing term reports and maintenance issues occurs in the team.
- InstalledSQLServer 2000 on windows 2005, 2008 servers, applied service packs and security fixes.
- Responsible for creation of virtual machines in clustered environment with 1 DC and 5 Nodes for high availability of data.
- Responsible for Transactional and merge replication of production servers.
- Created the strategy for backups and restoration procedures and implemented them.
- Experienced with disaster recovery procedures forSQLServers.
- Configured Log shipping for2production projects.
- Created the maintenance plans for optimization and integrity check.
- Created pointintime restore procedures to restore production databases.
- Created the BI packages for data manipulation and perform business information and Server tuning using Windows performance monitor and InvolvedinIdentifying and correcting anySQLServer related problems. Performing Large-scale ETL operations.(7-9TB).
- Improving database server performance using Performance monitor after analyzing CPU, I/O and Memory usage.
- Emphasizing on XML feeds and spitting out some XML from SQL Server into a file using SSIS.
- Administered theSQLServer security and assigned permission to developers and users.
- UsedSQLServer Profiler to monitor and record database activities of particular users, applications.
- Installed multiple instance ofSQLServer for development purpose.
- Maintained the production server with maximum availability.
- Experienced with all aspects of database tuning methods like index tuning wizards, profiler, execution plans to optimizeSQLqueries.
- Created the standard operating procedures to installSQLServers,SQLClusters, service packs and security fix.
- Involvedin24*7 production support forSQLServers.
Environment: MS SQL Server RS, SSAS, SSIS, SQL Server Management Studio, Windows Server 2005, Windows 3 - Windows 7, Windows XP, ASP.NET, XML.
Confidential 2/2009 - 3/2010
MS SQL Server DBA/Developer
Citizens Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of the, with headquarters in and Rhode Islands as head quarters in USA with operation in 12 states. The project involved in migration of data from SQL Server 2000 to 2005. I was part of production dept securing the live data and assisting DTS and database migrations.
- To integrate and manage automated business processes by exchanging business document using BizTalk.
- Created Schemas, maps, pipelines and orchestrations that are visually formed using graphical tools within Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Created an environment of 3 separate servers(Production, Development &QA) and configured Mirrored Servers for high availability of data.
Responsible for installation and configuration of SQL server 2005 database on Dell Servers.
Involved in data modeling for the application and created ER diagram using ERWIN.
Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions for this project.
Implemented database standards and naming convention for the database objects.
Developed DTS packages to extract, transform and load into the Campaign database from OLTP database.
Involved in loading the partner flat files into the OLTP database using SSIS. Also, developed the T-SQL stored procedures/functions to process these data and populate them in the appropriate destination tables.
Worked with developers to tune the SQL queries using SQL Profiler.
- Provided high end design consultancy in all aspects of SQL Server 2005.
- Checked the coding standards followed by peers of the team. Prepared test reports and bug logs for the testing done.Involved in data migration and data integration.
- Provide support to design/break fix issues in SQL Server 2000 and track to a closure.
- Tested and configured automated routine maintenance tasks like performance tuning, indexes and stores procedures, checked deadlocks and created scheduled jobs.
Environment:Security Expressions, Erwin,SQLCluster, Performance Monitor,SQLProfiler,SQLQuery Analyzer, ISQL, OSQL, NetIQ, Cluster Administrator, Remedy, Repliweb,.NET, BizTalk Server 2002.
Confidential 1/2008 - 2/2009
MS SQL Server DBA
Walmart is world 18th largest public corporation which has 8500 branches in different countries. Worked in the retail business Department. Was part of auto management system in Data Warehouse which takes care of the product delivery options. Responsible in optimizing the distribution by maintenance associated with product distribution data from the supply chain team.
- Administered SQL Server Production Database.
- Monitoring SQL Server Jobs (SQL Server Agent and Maintenance Plans Jobs).
- Installed and configured database servers.
- Troubleshooting SQL Server production issues.
- Capacity planning and monitoring database growth.
- Responsible for Replication management.
- Managing SQL Server security and logins for users.
- Importing Exporting data using DTS, SSIS packages. This is intended to move a data from one location to another or create a copy of the data.
- Designed disaster recovery strategies.
- Build rebuilding indexes to improve performance.
- Deal with performance issues on production servers. Search performance bottlenecks or perform other monitoring tasks using SQL Server Profiler.
- Moved objects from QA to Production databases. Detach and Attach in order to move a database from one location to another.
- Extensive usage of Filenet P8 for the business Processing.
DEL 6300 Servers, MS SQL Server 2005/7.0, T-SQL, DTS, Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Source Safe 6.0, Windows 2003 Server and Compuware QA Load test
Confidential 1/2007 - 1/2008
MS SQL Server DBA/Developer
Leggett & Platt is a diversified manufacturer that conceives designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products for customers worldwide. Project Sales Data Warehouse is a collection of daily sales data from in house system with worldwide sales details relating to products, customers, shipments, branches, sales person, period and locations and Sales Budget. Project involved extensive SSIS, SSAS development.
- Worked with project lead and business users to understand business processes, gather and document project requirements and translate them into ETL Design Specifications and SSAS cube.
- Designed and implemented Sales Data warehouse star schema, Fact and Dimensions.
- Created packages using BIDs Designer for Extract, Transform, Load of data using control flow tasks and data flow transformations. Schedule jobs, Deployment of processes.
- Implemented type 1 and type 2 Slow Changing Dimensions.
- Created mappings using Data Conversion, Derived Column, Conditional Split, LookUp Transformation, Merge Join, Script Component.
- Using Control Flow elements like For each loop and Sequence container, Execute SQL task, Execute Process task, Execute package task and Script task, File System task Send Mail Task.
- Extensively used variables, package configurations, logging, exception handling processes for each ETL process.
- Designed and deployed Reports, Report Model using SSRS.
- Designed SSAS cubes, refine. Added calculated measures, KPIs, Actions and perspective to the cube. Process and Deploy cube using BIDs designer interface.
MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Windows XP, Windows server 2003.
Confidential, Newark, NJ 2/2006 - 1/2007
MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSAS/SSRS Developer
Prudential Financial Company serves individual and institutional customers worldwide. The project involved designing a new database schema, migrating data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005, performing analysis and then generating various types of reports.
- Transformed data from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005 using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Used the Execute DTS 2000 package task to execute DTS packages.
- Created Data Transformation tasks like BCP, BULK INSERT to import/export data from clients.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases.
- Designed a new schema for the Data Mart databases.
- Implemented SSAS Cubes, Facts and Dimension tables to perform analysis.
- Created MDX queries to extract data from the Data Mart.
- Generated Dynamic reports from Cubes (SSAS) using SSRS-2005.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2005.
- Generated various reports like Cascade type reports, Tabular reports, and Drill down reports.
- Created Store Procedures, Functions and Triggers for retrieval and update of data in the database.
- Generated Daily, Weekly and Monthly Trigger based reports regarding assigned projects to designated Managers and Clients.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Crystal Reports XI, Business Object XI, Oracle 9i, DTS, T-SQL, VisualSourcesafe.
Confidential, 3/2005 - 2/2006
MS SQL Server Developer/DBA
Performed as both a Production Support and Application DBA for various projects. Responsible for supporting the customers and accounts databases. Database kept track of 18 months of information for approximately 13,000 customers. Database was approximately 400 GB. Involved in the System Design. Used ERwin for creating the Logical and Physical Models. Responsible for maintaining the Data Models. Also created all database objects including tables, indexes and table spaces.
- Extensive T-SQL Development for evolving business requirements, enhancement to existing procedures. Creating Databases, Tables, Views. Writing complex stored procedures, Triggers, Functions
- Performed backup/restore, created database objects such as tables, procedures, triggers, constraints, indexes and views, user security management.
- Responsible for developing processes, automation of maintenance jobs, tuning SQL Server, locks and indexes configurations, administering SQL Server security, SQL Server automatic e-mail notification and SQL Server backup strategy and automation.
- Tested to optimize the procedures and triggers to be used in production.
- Involved in project planning, scheduling for database module with project managers.
- Involved in analyzing and designing disaster recovery / replication strategies with business managers to meet the business requirements.
- Involved in Performance tuning, query-inventory, analysis and optimization.
- Created and managed database users, login Ids and security.
- Performed Data transfer (Import & Export) using DTS packages.
- Responsible for performing complete back-up and restoration, database maintenance Service pack updates on server and client.
- Used Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler and SQL Query analyzer for Performance Tuning.
MS SQL Server 5.0/2000, Oracle 8.0, Visual Basic, TSQL, PLSQL, Windows NT /2000.