Summary of Experience
- Over 10 years experience within the IT-Environment in HealthCare, Financial, Ecommerce, Education and Publishing industries.
- Over 7 years experience in Technical Writing and Training
- Design and Editing of various types of documents including Business Process documents, Business and Technical proposals, Training Manuals, Elearning modules, Vision documents, Business requirements, SRS, Help manuals, Product Manuals, FAQ's, User manuals, Test plans and Test cases.
- Extensive knowledge of all phases of SDLC, from design to testing and production.
- Windows 7, Windows XP pro, Vista, Windows Server 2008
- SQL, C, XML, Visual Basic, .NET
- MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access-97/2007
- HTML, VB Script
- MSOffice: MSVisio , Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Microsoft Publisher; SharePoint, Adobe Professional, Adobe Pagemaker,Photoshop; Robohelp, Adobe Captivate, SnagIt, Demobuilder, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, Win Runner, Test Director, Load runner.
Business Analyst/Technical Writer
Project Details: The desktop operating system and the MS Office software portfolio in place were obsolete and needed updating as part of normal business operations. The project entails gathering requirements in regards to the usage patterns within the company, setting up test environments so that patterns and behaviors of business usage may be validated. Where needed changes will be made to office documents or systems to achieve the desired functionality documented in the requirements phase.
- Facilitated meetings with users in different departments including Finance, Legal, Marketing and Training to determine and document usage patterns
- Designed a survey (created on the .NET platform and linked to MS Access) to assess companywide usage patterns.
- Created a matrix to trace Users, the software being used as well as frequency and expertise.
- Created a catalog of sample documents in usage within each department for testing purposes.
Project Details : Comstar Interactive's wireless POS software ChargeanywhereTM is an innovative electronic payment solution that allows a user to accept payments on any certified wireless device, securely, with connection to a secure gateway with access to realtime data. Comstar Interactive is a provider of a robust Payment Gateway. It has a PCI compliant product suite which includes award winning payment solutions for many industries providing real-time access to data and backed by a roster of industry leading partners.
- Facilitated meetings with business partners, developers and operations to identify the needs and requirements of the new system, documented and organized these requirements in the agreed upon template.
- Created specification documents for Chargeanywhere (created in the .Net environment).
- Participated in developing centralized documentation repository for procedures, process flows and training records, available to all employees.
- Managed the development, coordination, documentation and training of new processes.
- Developed and managed detailed project plans, using MS Project, to include resources, tasks, requirements, milestones and review points.
- Wrote complete SDLC Documents (Validation Plan through Production Release) for multiple validation projects and disaster recovery efforts.
- Created design specification documents
- Maintained and updated documentation for the projects using Sharepoint.
- Created Test suite to document the QA cycle
- Created Quick Start Guides as well as User manuals for application both for clients as well as helpdesk staff.
- Created online click by click demonstration of the application using screen shots and flash
- Conducted training for both Support Staff and clients for initial use and troubleshooting of application integration
- Created accounts for clients to certify with the company before onboarding. Allotted permissions for use of application in the development environment.
Project Details: Founded in 1980, MultiPlan is the nation\'s oldest and largest supplier of independent, network-based cost management solutions. With more than half a million healthcare providers under contract, they have some 70 million claims processed through their networks each year. The provider nomination and credentialing project (PNC) involved implementing an inhouse nomination process for identified providers.
- Interviewed subject-matter experts for source material, conducted reviews of technical content with development and system test teams, tested documentation against product.
- Managed documentation schedules in consultation with development and project management.
- Confirmed subject knowledge through feedback of cross-functional sources.
- Verified the development of tractability matrices to link requirements to test cases.
- Wrote user-friendly, original documentation for updates and modifications
- Ensured strict compliance with standards and templates in relation to the writing of technical documentation.
- Submitted drafts of technical material for customer review and managed edits.
- Verified the clarity, completeness, accuracy, and quality of all technical documentation at all stages of the SDLC.
- Prepared and distributed ad hoc and urgent documents for software and hardware projects
- Conducted training for the application as needed.
Project Details: Citigroup has Credit Risk Interface (CRI) to electronically expedite the credit approval workflow process. This system allows user to Credit approval workflow package, validate data, approve the workflow and complete the workflow. CRI maintains customer repository based on entity or customer.
- Documented requirements from SME's and development team and authored the requirement document.
- Created Use cases and business flow diagrams for SRS document
- Authored the design specification document
- Authored frequently asked questions document
- Created Test plan document and wrote test cases
- Created User manuals for internal training purposes.
- Participated in Integration and performance testing of application
Project: Embassy Book Distributors is a niche publishing and distribution firm. It specializes in titles on personal growth and development. Its Prism application tracked vendors, sales in various regions, recorded author appearances and royalties. The project also involved creation of training packages and manuals based on various publications
- Co-coordinated research
- Gathered user requirements
- Developed project plan,
- Designed training modules
- Wrote and edited training manual
- Upgraded training modules based on user feedback
Project Details : Project consisted of developing an E-commerce portal as well as creating an internal application to track sales in different geographic locations, update inventory in different locations based on product categories and spending habits of diverse demographics and create summary sales reports periodically.
- Developed business plan document
- Designed set of standards and policy document
- Created software requirement specification document
- Created and maintained timeline to facilitate project
- Participated in planning Website Content
- Created and updated FAQ document as needed.
MA: English Literature
Certificate: Technical Writing
Certificate: Quality Assurance Testing