- Extensive technical writing experience on military tactical equipment, aviation, and commercial projects
- Extensive military background
- Strong knowledge of computers and windows XP software used in technical manual writing: Adobe Confidential 7.2, Arbortext Epic Editor, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Software, Adobe Pagemaker, Adobe Photoshop, Powerpoint, Visio, RFFLOW, Slick Wave
- Skilled at reading and designing blueprints, electrical schematics, and engineering drawings
- Developed, revised, and updated diagnostic and testing procedures
- Hands - on training and knowledge of automotive repair and diagnostics
- Developed military technical manuals, repair parts and special tools lists, and illustrated parts breakdown catalogs
- Developed repair, diagnostic, testing and general maintenance procedures for gas, diesel and alternative fuel vehicles
- Wrote electrical systems, engine, pneumatic, ABS, transmission, electronic, central tire inflation system, HVAC, and hydraulic troubleshooting, maintenance and repair procedures
- Strong automotive mechanical and electrical repair experience on military vehicles including the LMTV, MTV, MRAP, Buffalo, and Cougar models
- Technical Writer with strong research skills and analytical skills
- Have always met all deadlines and received high praises from customers
Confidential, Huntsville, AL
Senior Technical Writer
- Incorporated PCR’s, sound-offs, and Confidential ’s into existing manuals for change packages to existing manuals.
- Also incorporated changes for Confidential Maintenance Work Requirements (DMWRs).
- Work in accordance with MIL-STD-40051-2 Change 3 using Epic Editor, Content for Production, and XPP ( Confidential ).
Confidential, York, PA
- Created and rewrote troubleshooting work packages per MIL-C-40051-2 change 3 for MRAP vehicles.
- Continued effort of writing Technical Briefs per MIL-DTL-28999 as needed.
Confidential, Ladson, SC
- Created troubleshooting work packages (engine diagnostics, transmission diagnostics, antilock braking system diagnostics, drivetrain, engine, and HVAC) per MIL-C-40051-2 for MRAP Cougar vehicles.
- Recognized by customer for writing effort and content.
- Created technical bulletins using MIL-DTL-28999 and MIL-PRF-63002K.
Confidential, York, PA
- Created maintenance and troubleshooting work packages per MIL-C-40051-2 for MRAP PLUS and Confidential vehicles.
- Created brake/pneumatic, electrical, ramp hydraulics, transmission hydraulics, HVAC, and steering schematics for Confidential .
- Participated in Validation/Verification on MRAP PLUS and Confidential .
- Supervised and edited six technical writers in troubleshooting effort.
- Met every deadline and goal.
Confidential, Euless, TX
- Converted Confidential files from old template to new template designed by customer.
- Gathered source data; including maintenance tasks, engineering orders, service bulletins, and engineering technical orders to update work cards to current status.
- Redlined work cards based upon source data gathered and incorporated redlines and created PDF files for field review.
- Created spreadsheets to track all work cards for Embraer, SAAB, and CRJ programs during conversion, redline, and other processes until Confidential approval.
- Second assignment with the engineering group building Engineering Order folders for audit and creating engineering order templates in Confidential for creation of future engineering orders. Gathered Airworthiness Directives, service bulletins, and supporting documents using AT 1000 and S1000D.
Confidential, Lone Star, TX
- Created Hazardous Energy Control Procedures ( Confidential ) for Heat Treat #5 using Word and RFFlow. Based upon engineering drawings, equipment, and equipment experts wrote Confidential for various steel processing equipment.
- Procedures were developed to commercial standards and photographs included.
- Position also includes training of personnel in different aspects of safety when required.
- Developed Job Safety Analysis (JSA) procedures.
- Developed electrical, pneumatic, and other schematics.
- Using MS Publisher, created documents for use on company intranet.
- Created schedule and status reports used by all writers within the company.
- Edited all written material for style and content for eight writers.
Confidential, Lancaster, SC
- Revised all current documents (including safety, AIB, and Quality) and created style guide.
- Created Manufacturing Procedures for Extrusion and Thermoforming Lines.
- Wrote troubleshooting procedures for all manufacturing equipment as well as preventative maintenance procedures.
- Used Word 2000, RFFLOW, Visio, and digital camera.
Confidential, Hanahan, SC
- Lead writer for the Confidential Operations and Maintenance Manual.
- This position interfaces with engineers and program managers daily in the research and development of an operations and maintenance manual for commercial off the shelf equipment ranging from printers to multiplexers.
- Developing specifications, operations and controls, maintenance, illustrated parts breakdown figures, troubleshooting, wiring diagrams, and preventive maintenance instructions.
- Created DTD for Operator, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and IPB.
- Used by entire team on other projects.
- Used Frame Maker 7.0 to create Structured documents and added links to all areas of the manual including the links from maintenance to IPB.
Confidential, Merrimack, New Hampshire
- Responsible for the conversion of existing Confidential paper manuals into Word documents and the rewrite and analysis of new test equipment for the Confidential M1-A1 Tank Fire Control Laser System.
- Contract was for two weeks but customer requested extension for two months.
Confidential, Richardson, Texas
Lead Technical Writer
- Responsible for the daily supervision of five writers involved in the conversion of current telecommunication Confidential files into XML files to be used for customer web site.
- Participated in weekly staff meetings to discuss accomplishments for the week and identify additional workload.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Developed Administration White paper and documentation for Confidential customers.
- Used Visio to create illustrations. Contract was for 1 - 2 weeks.
- Completed contract with good comments from customer.