- Experienced Technical Writer — Software, Hardware, and Firmware Documentation
- Versatile writer with extensive background in online and printed technical documentation.
- Very comfortable working in a diverse environment with engineers, programmers, marketers, executives, support staff, writers, and designers.
- Computer Science foundation enhances writing skills.
- Writes hardware, software, API, and firmware documentation to rigorous standards for clarity, readability, completeness, and compliance with standards. Creates and edits ISO9000 documentation; leads internal audit teams
- Manages projects from start to finish: hires and/or assigns personnel, determines project scope, assigns project tasks, reviews/edits all project documentation for adherence to company style guides and/or other standards
- Performs technical writing of all forms of instructional and installation manuals for Fiber Channel, Ethernet, SCSI, and iSCSI ASICs, BIOS, host bus adapters (HBAs), and network interface cards ( Confidential ).
- Develops installation manuals for operating systems, hardware, database management systems, and data communications products for both workstations and server systems
- Creates templates and style guides for both technical and marketing documents
- Leads, manages teams of writers and contractors. Makes deadlines, nails the budget
AREAS OF APPLICATION EXPERTISE:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Word
- Visio iOS
Senior Staff Writer
- Creates Confidential manuals for use by system engineers in the development of printed circuit boards, and firmware specifications for driver development
- Wrote a suite of end - user software and hardware manuals for Confidential 's HBAs
- Using OEM-supplied templates and style guides, created end-user documentation for Confidential HBA products used in the VAR and channel storage area network (SAN) markets
- Works directly with subject matter experts including electrical engineers, system designers, signal integration teams, system engineers (SEs), and marketing staff
- Creates and maintains format, style, and graphic standards for technical and marketing documents using FrameMaker and InDesign
- Creates and maintains document production schedules
- Represents documentation support group in departmental status meetings
- Created a consistent, brand-compliant look and feel for all of their printed material, working with the engineering, marketing, and sales departments.
- Wrote all documentation for the company, including data sheets, user’s guides, and device specifications.
- Wrote or updated existing software documentation for system users
- Independently wrote hardware installation guides for engineers responsible for monitoring and repairing communications equipment, interfacing directly with programmers, engineers, and support personnel. Talents utilized on this job include:
- Created style standards for existing documents using Ventura Publisher
- Created artwork using CAD software
Associate Technical Writer
- Coordinated efforts of writers working on a suite of manuals, and multiple writers working on the same manual
- Wrote documentation for both software and hardware, with no prior knowledge of the product
- Aided programmers testing and debugging software being documented; recommended software modifications to improve ease of use