- A senior technical writer with Software engineering background with 7+ years of progressive work experience in technical documentation, business process analysis, design and training.
- Have been responsible for preparation of a wide variety of technical, end - user and project documents. These include user manuals, operation manuals, online-help, training materials, requirements and design documents, quick-reference guides and work plans.
- Participating and Managing documentation projects, especially authoring, editing, reviewing and producing end user content, online help, implementation and operations documents, reference guides, strategy brochures, release notes, data sheets, product overviews and training tutorials.
- Experience in working with subject- matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences.
- Participating in all phases of the software development life cycle, especially working with clients and technical groups to devise release process models and project plans, and write functional design and business requirements documents.
- Good knowledge on various Research methodologies and have ability to describe various processes in concise and professional manner.
- Have experience in writing research proposals, research articles and blogs.
- Strong knowledge in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) and Experience in writing, executing Test cases and Test Plans.
- Good understanding of the entire software development chain, from a business management perspective to technical management and the development perspectives.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with people at all levels of management.
- Effective leadership skills with good written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Self-motivated with result oriented approach.
- Coordinated with Developers, Testers, Project experts and Support team for new requirements, latest updates and project related issues.
- Possess strong aptitude towards writing, problem analysis, solving, research and development. Good analytical and problem-solving skills, very effective as an individual and as a team player, ability to perform multiple roles.
- Worked with off-shore teams and good experience in mentoring and training resources in offshore.
Authoring tools: Adobe Frame Maker 9.0, RoboHelp, Adobe Authorware
Programming Languages: C, JAVA
Operating Systems: Windows (XP/2000/Vista/7/10)
Applications: SnagIt, SharePoint, Adobe PageMaker, Hyper Snap, Adobe Captivate, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Outlook, Illustrator, Photoshop
Other tools: JIRA, Acrobat, Confluence, StyleWriter 4
Confidential, Austin, TX
Senior Technical Writer
- Authored, edited and reviewed User guides, Help docs and release notes of TIPS application.
- Created end-user documentation for individual modules of the application.
- Designed, created, and produced presentation materials, including maps, displays, online content, for policymakers.
- Created and maintained standard documentation templates for unified set of documents.
- Coordinated, conferred and interviewed Developers, SME’s, Testers and Project managers to gather information for various technical documents.
- Developed, edited Test plans and Test cases according to project requirements.
- Involved in Unit testing and UAT (User acceptance testing) of TIPS application.
- Trained information services team on writing bug descriptions and enhancement requests.
- Created and maintained user-interfaced screenshots.
- Analyzed and documented Business and Functional requirements of the application.
- Responsible for formatting and reviewing several technical documents.
- Created multiple templates to be utilized across various departments.
Environment: - Windows XP, Windows 7, SnagIt, Microsoft Visio, JIRA, Adobe Frame maker, Java, MS Word, Illustrator, Microsoft Outlook, and Acrobat.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Authored, edited and reviewed content of tickets related to JIRA Software, JIRA Core, HipChat, JIRA Service Desk and Bitbucket.
- Processed pricing, licensing, and installation queries of all Confidential products.
- Involved in editing content in blogs and Q&A forums.
- Edited RFI (Request for information) and RFP (Request for product) documents.
- Reviewed and edited version control documents of JIRA Software and JIRA Core.
Environment: - Windows 10, StyleWriter 4, Hyper Snap, Snag It, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Confluence, HipChat, Microsoft Visio and Adobe Captivate.
- Created, edited, and maintained procedural, User and Application documentation.
- Maintained training materials and updated documents after each product release.
- Researched, scripted, and created presentation modules on Network providers and Insurance policies to train new distributors and sales representatives.
- Reviewed drafts of product documentation, training materials, and Web content for standard style and consistency without changing technical accuracy.
- Evaluated and tested new or modified software programs, verified that programs functioned according to customer requirements. Recommended improvements / corrections to programmers.
- Developed testing materials and participated in the testing of software products.
- Improved customer satisfaction by acquiring user feedback directly from technical support.
- Organized reference and training materials for easy access.
Environment: - Windows XP, Windows 7, SnagIt, Microsoft Visio, JIRA, Adobe Frame maker, Java, MS Word, Illustrator, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Acrobat.
Documentation Engineer / Technical Writer
- Authored System descriptions and corporate procedures, based on analyses of system and user requirements.
- Created, developed and edited requirements documents for software and hardware configuration and implementation.
- Maintained user continuing education training modules curriculum and managed seminar, workshop and client user meeting tradeshow events.
- Analyzed the Business and Functional requirements of the application.
- Managed all corporate documents, as well as all web content.
- Worked with the Business Analyst and the Business users to understand project requirements and to figure out the scope of documents.
- Collaborated daily with developers, business analysts, product managers, and testers as part of the agile development life cycle.
- Interpreted, analyzed, and restructured technical data.
Environment: - Windows 7, RoboHelp, Microsoft Visio, Adobe Captivate, Hyper Snap, Snag It, Microsoft Word, Agile methodology and SharePoint.
Documentation Engineer / Content analyst
- Organized, formatted and edited functional requirements of the application.
- Created and edited graphical images in support of documentation.
- Liaised with software team to ensure quality, efficiency and timelines of technical documents.
- Created planning documents and multiple executive training presentations in Power point
- Developed procedural instructions for various processes.
- Served as a lead presenter to partners and distributors for latest updates in the new releases.
- Created, edited and reviewed Itineraries.
- Designed vacation plans and provided description for various places of interest.
Environment: Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Power point, Acrobat, Photoshop and Microsoft Visio.