MS Office Suite, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Access, MS Visio and MS Project; RoboHelp, Madcap Flare, Caliber, StarTeam, SecureShell, Sharepoint, Adobe Acrobat, Documentum, Confidential .
- Update, edit, proofread and format various technical documents, including test plans, technical manuals and user guides.
- Work with Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs), Military Standards and S1000D standards.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts on processes and procedures to update and create documents.
- Technical Writer for the Warfighter Information Network - Tactical (WIN-T) program at Confidential .
- Updated, edited, proofread and formatted various technical documents, including test plans, work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts on processes and procedures in order to create SOPs and other documents.
Senior Technical Writer
- Senior Technical Writer for the Information Technology Department.
- Assist with setting up the Documentation Group, including creating document templates, standards and processes.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts on various topics and create documentation for security, data transfer, data capture, training and other functions.
- Edit, proofread and format documentation created by other employees.
Freelance Writer and Editor
- Writer and Editor on several freelance/contract projects for clients such as Confidential Medical Publishers and Confidential .
- Wrote short articles on numerous topics ranging from medical and training to travel, and completed editing work on research papers and database lists.
- Created social media posts, blogs, press releases and marketing pieces.
- Edited, wrote, proofread and formatted technical government documents. Assisted in the writing and formatting of government proposals.
- Compiled government deliverable contract documents from multiple contributors. Managed the organization, compilation, editing and formatting of Monthly Status Reports for six Delivery Orders.
- Maintained Sharepoint repository of government deliverables/documents.
- Created user documentation and training guide for corporate budgeting and timesheet system.
- Assisted with writing, editing and formatting monthly team newsletter and marketing materials.
- Technical Writer for Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System - Hearing Conservation ( Confidential -HC) development team.
- Assisted with writing, editing, proofreading and formatting government deliverables.
Senior Analyst/Documentation Specialist
- Documentation Specialist for the Confidential /Mission Systems Migration effort at the Confidential Environmental Command. (e-TIME was a project to move all enterprise-level AEC applications to DISA.)
- Responsible for managing and creating project documentation, organizing the document repository in use on Confidential and control of documents being used and created for Confidential .
- Assisted with coordinating Information Assurance documentation for ATOs and COOPs.
- Former member of the Confidential Environmental Database - Restoration ( Confidential ), Confidential -Compliance Cleanup ( Confidential ), and ERIS development teams, creating software for the Confidential .
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Help system for Confidential and set up of Confidential system, using RoboHelp and MadCap Flare. Updated, reformatted and maintained System Requirements Specification (SRS) for Confidential, created System Design Document and User Guide for Confidential .
- Attended weekly design meetings, recorded meeting minutes.
- Helped compile documents, then formatted, edited and updated documentation for the THOR III Manpack Jammer system, including the Operations and Maintenance Manual, Integrated Logistics Support Plan, Training Guides and Presentations.
- Compiled documentation for the eCybermission application, including the System Requirements Specification and System Design Document.
- Assisted in Confidential training of government employees.
- Proofread and edited Test Plans. Consistently used data and business related metrics and reporting.
- Worked with developing, monitoring, and ensuring data standards.
- Created SRS for Confidential Range and Munitions Environmental Data (ARMED), updated SRS documents for Reimbursable Programs Tracking System (RPTS), Confidential Environmental Center Business Plan ( Confidential ) and ERIS-Range applications.
- Tracked progress with StarTeam and Caliber software.
- Member of the Software Engineering Process Group; worked on Log.Sec’s CMMI certification. Held Top Secret security clearance.
- Assisted in the daily running of the technical library for the Program Manager for Chemical Demilitarization at Confidential - Edgewood Area.
- One of two employees responsible for digitizing library of 5000+ technical documents and entering them into a Document Control System (DCS) created and run by Confidential .
- Assisted in the training of government and contract personnel on the DCS.
- Fielded support calls from the user community for the DCS and the library.