- Technical Writer with experience in multiple areas of the software lifestyle process to include: website development and content management; business plans, policy, and contracts; digital and social media marketing; software functionality requirements; software testing and quality assurance; end - user and technical staff software documentation; and materials.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills among different levels of staff and clients, to include managers, technical & non-technical staff, programmers and developers, and company owners, presidents, and CEO’s .
- A quick learner recognized as a leader capable of performing a variety of managerial and problem solving tasks.
- Proficient In A Variety Of Technical Writing
- Software Development
- Software Testing & Quality Assurance
- Software Trainer & Demonstrator
- Level III Technical Support To Both Staff & Clients
- Level I Network Administrator
- Excellent Analytical & Problem Solving Abilities
- Competent In Micro Computing Using A Variety Of Desktop, Web-Based, & Mobile Applications Including Word Processors, Spreadsheets, Databases, File Navigators, & Graphics Editors.
- Excellent Sales & Communication Skills
Systems: Windows (10, 7, Vista, Xp, 2000, Me, 98), Microsoft Server 2000, Microsoft Server 2003
Languages: HTML 5, CSS, Visual Basic, .Net
Software: MicroSoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,OutLook),SnagIt, Google Adwords, Proficient In Many Desktop, Web-Based, & Mobile Applications
Hardware & Devices: Servers, Desktop & Laptop PC’s, Mobile Devices, Printers, Various Routers, IP & Non-IP Phone Systems, Digital Projectors.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD / Henrico, NC
Technical Operations Manager
- Involved in all technical aspects in the development, startup, and management for an online company including: research; website development; database management; data entry; in-house technical support; marketing, and social media account management. Technical writing was a major component of all these areas
- Created and managed all store web pages using third party software and applications including creation of all content, images, and graphics.
- Created content, graphics, and images for more than 2,000 unique product items for sale in the online store.
- Assisted in the creation of the company business plan, company policies, and online store policies.
- Assisted in the creation of vendor contracts.
- Created and managed digital marketing campaigns (email and online advertising) including content, images, and graphics.
- Created and managed multiple social media accounts including content, images, and graphics.
Confidential, Potomac, MD
Software Development Technical Writer
- Involved in all aspects of software development for startup company providing software as a service to include: business plan development; market and competitive research; financial analysis and feasibility; and software development requirements.
- Developed detailed 5-year financial and business analysis for use in the company business plan to include: timeline projections; required funding; startup and development costs; user projections; operating costs; profit/loss projections; funding repayment; and profit allocations.
- Created software design requirements documents used by programmers to provide estimated software development costs.
- Designed and created web page layouts to provide visual representation to potential software programmers and investors.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Handled multiple aspects of the software lifestyle process with emphasis on software development, the creation of design documentation for new software releases and updates, creation of software testing and quality assurance documentation, technical support documentation, and the creation of end-user documentation.
- Greatly improved software stability and functionality and reduced software return ratios from 15% to 5%.
- Provided Level III Technical Support to all Technical Support staff to include the creation of knowledge base documents for both in-house and end-user problem resolution.
- Created monthly, online software articles incorporating both software usage and business theory topics.
- Developed and created seminar documentation and course packet, and performed full-day software seminars for 5-30 users in a classroom environment to provide practical application usage of the software.
- Organized and moderated company meetings to improve product sales, company efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Organized and moderated sales meetings with company clients, and created sales contracts for these clients.
- Conducted onsite software installations for clients.
- Responsible for all aspects of trade show presentations of company software and products
Technical Support Technician
- Assisted the Software Department by providing Level II technical support to end-users.
- Assisted in software testing.
- Participated in trade show demonstrations and software sales. Participated in company meetings.
- Research & Software Assistant
- Assisted the Research Department in obtaining, compiling, and analyzing nationally recognized cost data used in published manuals, and software databases.
- Assisted the Software Department with Level I technical support issues.