I am seeking a position that effectively leverages my diverse and comprehensive experience in technical writing, instructional development, and the management of documentation and programs and projects.
- I have participated in all aspects of technical writing and documentation and instructional systems development and the management of projects and programs. Among the materials I have developed: technical manuals and procedural guides, software and system user guides, programmer manuals, context - sensitive on-line help, business recovery and continuity documentation, and other technical documentation for IT and non-IT systems.
- I have also successfully planned, designed and written, delivered or implemented, and validated instructional materials in various domestic and foreign industries and businesses, across the full spectrum of private and governmental environments, covering a wide variety of subjects: machinery manufacturing, maintenance, and repair, telecommunications, financial services operations, natural resources exploration and processes, and IT operations, cybersecurity, and regulatory compliance.
- This extensive experience in the dual, related, disciplines of instructional systems development and technical documentation have provided me a global perspective of the processes of what I have come to view as information transfer.
- Designed, developed and wrote end user materials for a 12-audience population for Confidential ., a unique global financial transactions system and wrote the accompanying end user technical documentation.
- One of the chief benefits I’ve enjoyed from my long career is to have accumulated an informal array of practical business skills, including strategic planning, change management, project design and management, information assurance, business analysis, team building, staff recruitment, account management, business development, and quality assurance.
- Designed and developed end user materials for a 12-audience Operations Department population in the Society for Confidential .)
- Created an ISD-based course, the Confidential . Integrated and Documentation System (SITADS), for Confidential . Network Administrators, Software Engineers, Network Engineers, and other Confidential . staff, to introduce the concepts of ISD and their use in developing departmental materials.
Sr. Instructional Systems Designer
- Provided instructional design and management services to support Confidential ' Development contracts, as assigned.
- Provided instructional design services to develop courses consistent with contract SOWs; services include—
- Designing the instructional course using the Sage Curriculum Development Framework process
- Developing the in-class instructional materials
- Identifying/specifying related materials, handouts, desk aids, PowerPoint slides/presentation
- Identifying and providing subject matter material for use upon course completion
- Delivering all instructional development course materials in hard copy and on electronic media per contract
Sr. Instructional Developer
- Designed blended programs of instruction for Confidential Airport Compliance Specialists and Airport Engineers..
- Participated in proposal efforts, typically writing the documentation and support responses and rewriting overall proposal or response to get a “one-voice” document.
Sr. Instructional Developer
- Designed an introductory fire-fighting equipment course for later development by Confidential staff.
Sr. Task Manager/Sr. Technical Writer
- Wrote the content for a comprehensive self-paced, computer-based (CBT) program in compliance with the Instructional Systems Development (ISD) methodology for a satellite provisioning system management tool under authority of the Joint C4I Decision Support Center (JCDSC).
- Wrote all technical information content.
- Designed and developed all instructional elements.
- Project Quality Assurance Manager - wrote/edited QA status reports and POAs
- Project Configuration Management Manager (CMM) - wrote/edited CM Plans
- Project Manager - developed and approved additional, supplemental products for project personnel
- Served as instructional development/ key staff for corporate proposals .
Sr. Security Specialist/Sr. Technical Writer
- Supported Confidential Office of Information Technology, Information Assurance Division:
- Edited Confidential compliance documents, requiring great familiarity with the ruling Confidential 800 Series Publications and related publications; developed and maintained the Confidential ISSO Handbook as a clearly written, concise compendium of the information an ISSO needs to function successfully at Confidential ;
- Wrote IT Security documents, designed and produced Cyber-Security Awareness posters, brochures, flyers, and other publications for distribution in Confidential HQ and as outreach to Field Officers at the airports and remote sites; organized, implemented, and conducted quarterly Cyber-Security Awareness events, including semi-annual IT Security Awareness Days at Confidential HQ, to further the outreach effort and expanded that outreach to the national critical infrastructure sectors as part of the Cyber Security Awareness and Outreach effort in IAD.
- Wrote technical content for presentations for Confidential ISSOs, SOs and other Federal government personnel with Significant Security Responsibilities (SSR).
- QA’d, edited, and proofed Confidential -mandated documentation and POA&Ms.
- Compiled and edited the monthly IT Security Awareness compliance figures and wrote the accompanying statistical analysis.
- Established, designed, edited, and published The ITSec News, a monthly internal divisional eNewsletter; contributed articles, edited contributed articles, solicited articles.
- Drafted and edited the Annual Program Plans .
- Compiled, redrafted, and edited the overall CISO Compliance and Policy and IAD Strategic Plans .
Senior Principal Consultant/Sr. Technical Writer
- Managed IT system contract deliverable records management for Confidential, a major, Department of Labor, public-use pension benefits information system - wrote the quarterly and annual status reports.
- Wrote, developed and maintained Confidential -mandated IT System security documentation, including the System Security Plan (SSP), Security Program Plan (SPP), Contingency Plans (CPs) for all Confidential sites, and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)/Business Continuity Plan (BCP) elements for the Department Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP). Supported the Office of the CIO, providing electronic and hard copies of all publications for OPM-mandated submittals in accordance with Confidential guidance.
- Reviewed and edited Confidential compliance document submittals from all Regional and District Office and all the agencies within HQ, prior to submittal by the ISSO to the CIO for inclusion in Confidential assessments of Confidential systems. Began acquiring familiarity with the ruling Confidential 800 Series Publications and related publications.
- Drafted the strong password policy for the Department and developed an interactive PowerPoint-based program to support the policy. The program became the content basis for a web-based program that was rolled out a year later.
- Wrote, edited, and maintained technical instructions and materials for Confidential system end users and internal
- Wrote, edited, and maintained Confidential IT Security/Information Assurance and documentation
- Developed and presented IT Security instructional materials - designed, wrote, and created the technical content for Confidential staff for Complex Password Construction.
- Wrote and edited Confidential -mandated IT security documentation for all Confidential offices.