Over 15 years of diverse consulting experience as a project manager, team lead and SQL Server SME. Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills. Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for team building and collaboration. Seasoned coach - approach leader with an eye for efficiency and process improvements. Deep knowledge of issues related to data center operations and database technology.Experienced in digital marketing, including web, social media, email marketing, SEO, content creation and marketing.
EXPERTISE AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
Digital Marketing (WordPress, Social Media, Email marketing) Project Management Technical Writing Confidential SQL Server MCSA Data Center migrations and consolidation Requirements gathering and analysis Resource planning People management Team acquisition and development Remote and Offshore team management Continuous improvement Mentoring and coaching Service delivery Security analysis and management Change management Business process analysis Operational workflow process design Project planning Deliverables tracking Scope management Schedule development Team building Communications planning and management Stakeholder engagement SQL Server database upgrades and migrations High Availability planning and implementation Disaster Recovery Replication strategy Implementation of best practices and standards Database backup and recovery SDLC
- Created practice exam questions and answers for Project Management Institute's Certified Associate Project Management (CAPM) exam.
- This exam is based on the sixth edition of the PMBOK Guide.
- Exam preparation suggestions were provided in addition to the practice questions.
Digital Marketing Content Management
- Responsible for all aspects of digital marketing for a healthy living blog.
- Managed WordPress content, and wrote blog posts utilizing targeted SEO keywords.
- Content topics include: healthy food, personalized nutrition, stress relief, meditation and fitness.
- Created social media accounts for Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube marketing channels.
- Implemented email marketing and list building strategy using Confidential .
- Designed online course materials for the Teachable platform.
- Planned project activities and coordinated cross-functional teams including: data management, networking and firewall, Windows and Unix, storage, and security
- Acted as an advocate for the application owners throughout the migration process
- Worked with the business leadership and product owners to understand their requirements
- Facilitated communication of new data center standards to application teams
- Responsible for migrating the ERP application suite, including JD Edwards
- Tracked and escalated issues to appropriate channels
- Insured compliance of application documentation requirements
- Communicated risks and issues to PMO organization
- Tracked project tasks and deliverables to completion
- Monitored and controlled scope to insure timely and efficient project delivery
- Reviewed data flow diagrams and firewall rules for accuracy
- Defined the cutover process and assigned tasks to relevant teams
- Planned and executed go-live events while adhering to change management standards
- Performed analysis of legacy SQL Server applications running Windows 2003 to determine migration and upgrade paths to Windows 2012 and SQL 2012/ 2014.
- Utilized Confidential internal tools, as well as MAP and SQL Upgrade Advisor assessment software, to gather relevant data and populate infrastructure inventory.
- Created comprehensive Enterprise Modernization reports, detailing upgrade violations and migration issues for each instance.
- The reports provided a migration strategy and roadmap for migrating each application to the new platform.
- Discussed issues with customer technical teams and provided guidance on remediation processes and alternatives.
SQL Server Tower Lead
- Communicated database project plans, schedules, tasks, resource estimates, task durations to the Program Manager for inclusion into the master schedule
- Validated and controlled scope throughout the project
- Identified, tracked and controlled risks
- Tracked and reported status of deliverables
- Resolved or escalated issues as appropriate to PMO management
- Established strong relationships with customer technical teams and negotiated maintenance windows and approvals for migration tasks
- Guided customer technical teams in SQL upgrade remediation activities
- Led the remote SQL DBA team, ensuring good communication and team cohesiveness
- Defined technical processes for migration activities including server builds, installation and configuration, data seeding, scripting and documentation standards
- Trained SQL team to efficiently execute migration processes and maintain quality control
- Maximized build efficiency and quality assurance, eliminating defects to near 100% by implementing quality control processes that ensured Windows 2012/SQL 2014 multi-node clusters were properly designed, built, and validated according to best practices and customer preferences
- Planned and managed successful data center go-live migration events and achieved customer sign-off
- Created detailed standard operating procedure (SOP) documents defining SQL assessment, upgrade and migration processes for a joint venture between Confidential and Confidential.
- The documents outlined workflows and standard procedures related to platform modernization for federal/government clients.
- These processes and workflows were designed to insure efficient resource utilization, rigorous quality control, and optimal SQL Server implementation.
- Additional project-related templates were developed to track and document individual tasks such as server builds, database configuration and migration go-live activities.
- Facilitated discussions regarding roles and responsibilities of each company’s team members to achieve a shared understanding on how future engagements should be managed and executed.
Technical Project Manager
- Recommended hardware specs for new servers
- Facilitated discovery and documentation of application components and dependencies
- Built strong relationships with application owners to achieve effective collaboration
- Defined and communicated standards for SQL setup and deployment
- Coordinated DR failover procedures with EMC admin, Wintel admin and application owners
- Worked with vendors to upgrade software licensing
- Implemented security hardening
- Trained developers in a methodology to upgrade SSIS packages from SQL 2008 R2 to SQL 2012 (project deployment model) including upgrade of custom SSIS components
- Performance analysis and tuning of new hardware (including hyper-threading evaluation)
- Modified replication strategy and configuration for increased performance
- Tested and configured servers for post-migration AlwaysOn implementation
- Created SQL migration cutover and rollback project plans
Technical Project Manager SQL Server Team Lead
- Developed a highly-structured migration methodology designed to ensure data integrity and minimize production downtime during the transition
- Implemented Double-Take high availability software to replicate and sync source and target databases
- Supervised a team of migration DBAs and engineers during the application cutovers
- Determined disposition of servers (P2V, P2P, V2P) and mapped source/target database locations for consolidations
- Provided decommissioning procedures for SQL servers
- Supported application teams in identifying and resolving migration issues related to security, connectivity, and implementing improved functionality
Technical Project Manager
- Managed an enterprise-wide project to migrate/consolidate over 800 databases on 200 servers to large, shared servers in segmented security zones.
- Applications were classified based on data characteristics (PHI, HIPPA) and data access usage (internal only, web app).
- Servers were built in network-restricted security zones, and databases were assigned to servers based on their data classification.
- Migration tasks involved working with application owners and technical staff to facilitate changes in security, coding standards and DTS-to-SSIS package conversion.
- Mentored SQL developers in making appropriate changes (SQL logins to Windows authentication, changes in TSQL standards).
- Implemented best practices in database maintenance, backup and recovery strategies.