- Skillful Business Analyst who can create clear and concise requirements documentation while collaborating across a variety of team members and stakeholders.
- Created technical communications for both technical and non technical audiences.
- Worked in every stage of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Coordinated communication between development and stakeholders resulting in successful project completions.
- Documented detailed and concise requirements for a variety of audiences.
- Worked with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Designed and implemented internal documentation, release notes, and online help.
- Found solutions to problems helping to bring projects in under budget.
- Adapted to changing environments by researching and applying new elements.
- Contributed to the redesign of proprietary software for the benefit of internal and external clients.
- Consulted, designed, developed, and implemented software for clients.
- Created, updated, and maintained procedural documentation to streamline workflow.
- Worked with MadCap Flare, JIRA, SharePoint, Visio, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Framemaker, Snag - It, RoboHelp, and AuthorIt.
Senior Technical Writer
- Worked directly with stakeholders, project managers, and SMEs to create technical communications for a variety of audiences including the entire enterprise.
- Provided technical writing standards for the department.
- Coordinated translated material in up to 23 different languages.
- Edited and formatted technical documentation for other IT departments.
- Participated in various stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborated with developers, business analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure accurate documentation.
- Designed and created release notes for monthly major releases as well as other minor releases.
- Designed and created documentation for internal users of proprietary software.
- Designed and created online help.
Data Conversion Analyst
- Managed the data conversion process which included gathering information from various sources, communicating with the client, interpreting and researching the data, and following up with the client to ensure the conversion was successful.
- Participated in the deconversion process.
- Helped to analyze and maintain existing documentation.
- Created requirements documentation, tested, and helped release the Year End project which entailed updating IRS forms on Confidential systems for their clients. This is a yearly process driven by IRS form changes and helps keep Confidential clients compliant with government regulations.
- Created requirements documentation for the Regulation D project to update Confidential 's DDA and Savings software to automate processes for Confidential clients. This will help save clients time and money and reduce the possibility of error.
- Performed research on potential project to help determine their impact, feasibility, and scheduling.
Business Analyst/Documentation Specialist
- Took over as the BA for the VAX VacationAccess website redesign. I helped to overcome resource and hardware issues to see the product to the release and support. This helped to increase the overall revenue of the VAX VacationAccess department.
- Created requirements, managed bugs, tested, and helped release the redesign of SBT, an internal program used for the maintenance of all of our websites.
- Took the VAX Published Air project from beginning to end with very few issues due to my help in coordinating communication between development and the business. This project has been a huge success for VAX VacationAccess.
- Oversaw the implementation of TripAdvisor to the VAX VacationAccess sites. This has received great feedback from the travel agents who use the sites.
- Participated in adapting project life cycle procedure.
Senior Technical Writer
- Collaborated with other writers, SQA, developers, data asset, management, and other team members to ensure the success of projects.
- Contributed to the redesign of MSB's help to a user assistance model, including communicating with developers, project managers, and other team members to determine requirements.
- Had been relied upon to solve issues, often resulting in saving the company time and money.
- Converted RoboHelp projects into AuthorIt, a content management system.
- Wrote, edited, and maintained all user documentation across a variety of MSB software, often needing to juggle multiple projects.
Technical Writer- Consultant
- Consulted with management on the future direction of their regarding tools and overall organization.
- Took the lead on the project by analyzing the needs and creating an outline for the overall project.
Technical Writer- Consultant
- Worked independently as the sole writer for the project.
- Gathered information by interviewing a wide variety of sources, from management to SME's.
- Determined customer's needs to ensure clearly understood documentation.
- Worked across a variety of departments for different Confidential clients.
- Designed the online documentation for the project, which involved creating solutions to best suit the client's needs.
- Answered clients' questions regarding in-house and commercial software.
- Researched possible software solutions.
Instructional Designer - Consultant
- Communicated with the client, subject matter experts, and IS to ensure project cohesiveness.
- Served as liaison between IS and the client.
- Designed and developed web-based for Confidential 's Seibel based software.
- Was often relied upon to provide solutions to various problems.
- Consulted and implemented the redesign of software, which included extensive research of CBT, WBT, and instructional system design.
- Managed writers and editors as the project manager on many projects.
- Helped determine the customers' need to ensure a proper design for Confidential 's web-based .
- Learned a variety of skills and software quickly to create effective for Confidential 's customers.