- Used my extensive knowledge in computer programs (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Word Perfect, the Internet, and publishing systems) I have produced reports, letters and articles in a productive manner.
- I have developed many articles where I have had to proofread copy and edit. I have also created my own spreadsheet based on over one hundred hand-written files to a company to easily access information.
- Able to communicate ideas and bring them to fruition thru organization and creativity.
- Have excellent researching skills (using the Internet, publications, cold-calling, and interviewing).
- Able to work effectively in both a team and individually.
Administrative Assistant/Freelance Writer/Contract Worker (2009-Present) – Dallas/ Confidential,Texas
During this period I have worked in selective companies to increase my skills and knowledge.
These positions have included:
- Completed office work, such as typed documents, answered telephones (with multiple lines), filing, and customer service for local companies thru employment agencies, which has allowed me to keep my skills up-to-date.
- Proofread newspaper advertisements ready for publication and catching errors, for Ivie and Associates. Here I managed to find several mistakes in words and company logos in advertisements, and was praised for my efficiency.
- Worked for the Lone Star Film Festival in Fort Worth, Texas. Proofread information, making sure the correct times and dates were listed for the films, setting up the closing party room, and worked at different theatre locations.
- Wrote an article for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Wrote film reviews, based on film screenings, for the Cinemalogue film web site
Data Collection Specialist (2007-2008) – Confidential,Texas
- Conducted telephone interviews to collect data about health and well-being, insurance, background and earnings.
- Averaged ten surveys per minute, with each survey consisting of different rules and regulations.
- Interacted with doctors, dentists, office managers, and individual customers on their opinions on the services they received from their health insurance.
Clerical/Administrative Assistant (2006-2007) – Confidential,Dallas, Texas
- Provided fact-checking and route information to customers.
- Typed detailed information on trips into a database.
Managing Editor (2005-2006) - Confidential,Dallas, Texas
- Edited Eyes on Entertainment, a full-color publication.
- Initiated weekly meetings to discuss story ideas and magazine layout.
- Managed tight deadlines and multi-tasked numerous projects at once.
- Hired freelance writers and film critics to write articles per house style.
- Researched films in production, film festivals and travel suggestions
Copywriter/Advertising Executive - 2003-2004 - Confidential,Dallas, Texas
- Researched new business contacts and leads for advertisements.
- Sold advertisements (including a full-page advertisement) and proofread and edited copy.
- Worked on special monthly newspaper sections (Health and Fitness, Private Schools and Home and Garden).
- Used different methods of creating copy for clients, based on ideas.
Freelance Writer - 1997-2004
These projects included:
- Wrote weekly film reviews for web sites and documentaries for the Video Association of Dallas used in the booklet of the annual VAD film festival.
- Interviewed fitness professionals, putting together lists of upcoming annual events (marathons) and editing information for the Health and Fitness magazine.
- Typed medical documents.
- Proofread articles.
Film Reviewer/Journalist - 1997-1998 - Confidential,Fort Worth, Texas
- Wrote film reviews and articles for The Rambler, the campus newspaper.
Administrative Assistant - January 1995-December 1996 – Medical Audit Advisory Group – Dorset, England
- Typed medical reports, wrote and edited business letters, answered the telephone and entered data into spreadsheets.
Bachelor Degree in Media/Journalism
R.S.A. Typing Level 1 - Distinction
R.S.A. Computers Level 1 – Pass