Writing professional with extensive writing and editing experience, strong customer focus, self-motivated, equally
comfortable working alone or on teams, and possessing excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF and data form creation)
- Help & Manual (help file authoring tool)
- Adobe In-Design (page layout, editing, created electronic books)
- FrontPage (Web design), Sandvox (Web design), WordPress (Web design), HTML/CSS.
- Photoshop (photo editing)
- Camtasia Studio (screen recording)
- Author, The Sullivan Saga: Memories of an Overseas Childhood (non-fiction, 2010) and Trail Magic: Lost in Crawford Notch (fiction, 2008)
- Speaker and workshop presenter.
- Publisher, set of local area Children’s Directories (5 annual editions, 1995 to 2000)
1999-2011 Confidential, Chelmsford, MA, Senior Technical Writer.
- Wrote/Edited online documentation and created user help files for international trade and compliance software.
- Reported to QA Manager, assisted in QA software testing.
- Maintained website content for multiple product lines.
- Planned projects, estimated jobs, supervised contract and full-time junior writers, coordinated with all product/project stakeholders for successful completion of work.
- Personal Goal: Delivering to our customers professional, consistent, and accurate documentation, both in writing and via our website.
1994-1999 Owner, Confidential, Manchester, NH
- Researched, wrote, published and sold annual editions of four area Children’s Directories. (Sold to real estate companies, daycares, libraries, schools, bookstores, directly to consumers, and to other NH-based children’s resources).
- Wrote travel articles on family travel activities in New England in conjunction with a directory on “Year-Round Fun Places for Families”.
1992-1994 Confidential, Nashua, NH, Senior Technical Writer
- Wrote & edited 30+ software end-user manuals, online help documentation.
- Wrote/edited marketing white papers, sales sheets, articles.
- Supervised, trained and edited work of 3 contract technical writers.
1985-1992 Confidential Computer Consultant, Manchester, NH
- Technical writing - software user manuals, release notes, installation guides.
- Marketing – corporate newsletter.
- Training - PC spreadsheet & word processing applications training.
1983-1985 Confidential, Hanover, NH, Management Consulting Services, Senior
- Wrote and edited procedures manual for a bank.
- Prepared requests-for-proposals and computer implementation plans for small business clients.
- Workflow study for medical supply retailer.
- Market studies for prospective business investors.
- Supervisor for two junior computer consultants.
- Presented computer-oriented seminars to interested groups.
1981-1983 Confidential, Salem, NH, Installations/Training Specialist.
- Installed software, trained end user in classroom and as well as one-on-one.
- Wrote procedure manuals, support notes, and implementation guides.
1980 Confidential, Dallas, TX, Financial Systems Development Group, Internship.
1977-1979 Confidential, Manchester, NH, Group Travel Coordinator.
1976-1977 Confidential. Ambro, Washington, D.C.
1973-1976 Confidential., Washington, DC, Assistant Manager of Travel Agency branch office.