Summary of Qualifications
- Dynamic and result-oriented individual with8+ years of technical writing experience, focused in developing user manuals, online help and training documentation.
- Highly analytical and project-oriented worker with a high level of enthusiasm, creativity and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated professional who works independently and has a superior ability to coordinate and perform several projects simultaneously.
Microsoft Office Products (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft FrontPage & Image Composer, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Works, Adobe Acrobat, Author IT, Captivate, Corel DRAW, Dreamweaver,
Frame Maker, FullShot, Remedy, RoboHelp, SAP, Visio
Confidential,Houston, TX Aug 2008 to PresentTechnical Writer (Contract)
- Responsibilities include creating end user manuals and online help detailing the installation, maintenance and use of O2K software.
- Work directly with system support, subject matter experts and training teams to gather requirements and research existing procedures.
- Edit existing documentation to improve quality, readability, consistency and effectiveness.
- Use the ABS MS Word template to update O2K User Manual table of contents and styles.
- Utilize FullShot, SnagIt and RoboHelp Capture software to create screenshots from O2K and import into the O2K online help and software user manual.
Confidential,Colorado Springs, CO Mar 2008 to Aug 2008
Document Specialist (Contract)
- Reviewed and edited technical documentation to ensure it was accurate and complied with established procedures.
- Created quick reference material, user manuals and online help.
- Responsible for SharePoint administration for four sites to include designing new pages, adding/removing users and resetting passwords.
- Drafted weekly activity reports and HD/CS monthly newsletter.
- Hosted work shops to initiate the review of FAA, FNA, JCD, MLR, PoE and SSF results.
Confidential,Colorado Springs, CO Jun 2007 to Mar 2008
Help Desk Supervisor (Contract)
- Supervised 80+ employees to include establishing work schedules, managing time off requests and resolving conflicts.
- Performed analysis of current operating procedures to ensure satisfactory customer service was provided.
- Trained employees on help desk policies and procedures.
- Responsible for updating SharePoint site and internal web sites.
Confidential,Golden, CO Nov 2006 to Jun 2007
Technical Writer (Contract)
- Developed MS Office style guide to ensure all user manuals were formatted the same.
- Conducted software research and communicated with programmers and engineers to create and update existing user manuals.
- Provided content for employee website, internal blogs and wikis.
- Created detailed process flow diagrams using Visio.
- Edited existing documentation using Dreamweaver, Author It, Framemaker and MS Word.
Confidential,CO Mar 2006 to Nov 2006
Technical Writer (Contract)
- Utilized MS Word to document military housing processes and procedures.
- Drafted quarterly housing newsletter, annual history report and managed annual awards program.
- Collaborated with other technical writers on various projects and participated in training new team members.
- Used Visio to update existing process flow diagrams.
Confidential,Colorado Springs, CO Jul 2005 to Mar 2006
- Documented customer service and data entry process.
- Created a comprehensive training program for data entry project.
- Trained all new employees on data entry process and provided quality assurance for over 10 data entry team members.
- Responsible for development of team web page from pre-proposal to post-launch, including design and documentation.
- Supported internal and external customers with questions and problems regarding web functionality.
Confidential,Colorado Springs, CO Oct 2001 to Jul 2005
- Participated in legacy merger for COMPAQ and HP, assisting project manager and IT Manager with developing unified documentation.
- Documented the Entitlement process including warranty verification, per call and contract procedures.
- Presented detailed project summaries to senior-level management and conducted post-implementation analysis to determine areas for program improvement.
- Monitored workload distribution and conducted team meetings as required for the efficient operation of the department.
- Responsible for website design, development, and management of content on HP government, education and small and medium business online stores.
Bachelors in Information Technology