To obtain a position as a Technical Writer where I can contribute my skills as an experienced and skilled professional, resulting in a mutually beneficial growth relationship between my employer, my team and myself.
WRITING TOOLS: Fast Help v126.96.36.199, MADCAP FLARE 9, FRAMEMAKER 7.0, ADOBE ACROBAT PROFESSIONAL 9.0, XML Writer, FOXIT EDITOR, NOTEPAD++, EDITPLUS
IMAGE CAPTURE TOOLS: MW SNAP 3.0, SNAGIT 9.0.0
OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOW 98, WINDOWS 2000, WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL, WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS 8.1, WINDOWS 10
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE: ASP.NET 2.0 & 3.5, C#2005
DATABASE: Oracle 9i, Oracle 11g
IDEs USED: MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2005, ECLIPSE, IDLE Python GUI, WingIDE 101 5.1, PyCharm, Oracle JDeveloper 12c, SQL Developer
SCRIPTING: XML, PYTHON 2.7
MS OFFICE SUITE: MS OFFICE 2003, MS OFFICE 2007, MS OFFICE 2010, MS OFFICE 2013
FLOWCHART & DIAGRAM TOOL: MS VISIO, UML MODELLING
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS: MS EXCEL, MS POWERPOINT, WIKI
DATABASE: ORACLE 11g, ORACLE 12c.
VERSION CONTROLLING TOOL: PERFORCE
WEB DESIGNING: HTML5.0
Senior Technical Writer
- Currently responsible for Working as a Senior Specialist Technical Writer.
- Involved in Editing and Proof - Reading User Guides, Manuals, Release Notes (Functional and Technical).
- Responsible for ensuring all documents created or updated are clear, concise, professional, and correct.
- Currently responsible for writing Installation and Support User Guides, User Manuals, Communication Bulletins, and Release Notes (Functional and Technical) for Dispensing Products.
- Identifying user needs, use cases and metrics to focus priorities.
- Monitoring discussion forums and questions to identify any answers that require documentation.
- Defining and planning Key Deliverable Schedule and Summary and Status Update Reports.
- Contributing to design meetings and interacting with subject matter experts, developers, and product managers.
- Training new writers in the documentation process and use of application tools.
Senior Technical Writer
- Worked as a Senior Technical Writer on Products like IxLoad, IxCatapult which caters to wireless network testing, development and voice communication gateways.
- Responsible for providing technical documentation, functional and technical release notes and white papers for network testing solutions.
- Involved in designing new documents and also updating/modifying existing documents as per the requirements set.
- Reviews writing with product teams. Implements required changes as directed by the manager to improve documentation. Provides editors with background on the products, audience, and requirements.
- Provide technical documentation to the Application/Customer Support Team to resolve issues for the customers.
- Involve in guiding young writers to streamline work and execute them in timely manner keeping the deadline in mind.
- Responsible for managing documentation team for wireless network testing team.
- Acted as a team manager/trainer for the documentation team on the technical aspects of writing
- Acted as a customer centric Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all wireless testing documentation related changes and releases.
- Actively involved in proof-reading and editing user documentation, manuals for their usability, scalability and readability
- Involved in Adhoc analytical requirements based on criteria’s set per requirement from the customers/clients.
- Involved in writing technical documentation for virtualization and network visibility solutions.
- Wrote design specifications for wireless network testing framework system using UML Modeling and Visio.
- Produced sequence, object, and class diagrams
- Created online help project using Madcap Flare
- Responsible for managing technical documentation for Configuration Management team involving troubleshooting issues with build failures and build errors in Python and Oracle 11g
- Responsible for documenting on developing builds for different products and posting builds
- Responsible for managing, editing and writing technical documentation on handling Configuration Management admin tasks like Perforce Management Access request, Perforce Tool troubleshooting.
- Responsible for maintaining, managing and administering perforce version controlling system.
- Worked as a documentation analyst and PL/SQL developer.
- Responsible for updating, designing and modifying existing documents to the desired level as set by the client.
- Involved in providing technical support to customers based on the requirements from the customers by querying from different databases using PL/SQL.
- Involved in developing technical whitepapers, test-cases for the client.
- Responsible for understanding the business and technical work-flow of the applications and accordingly develop documentation.
- Implementing the required changes within the application by analyzing and understanding the business process and its corresponding workflow.
- Involved in interpreting schematic diagrams and other source materials as provided by the clients.
- Responsible for evaluating project requirements and quantify them into tasks and distribute among team members.
- Responsible for judicial case editing, conversion, collection and validation of documents using xml coding.
- Worked as a Technical Writer and Software Developer for JAVA and .NET based application
- Responsible for designing online help and also subsequently testing the application CHAKRA which is a JAVA based project based on Finance and Capital Market domain.
- Responsible in designing the online manual blueprint for the application and also developing trading modules in java.
- Developed architecture design documents using Adobe FrameMaker, Visio, and UML
- Wrote requirements and design specifications for CHAKRA using Word, Visio, and UML
- Uses product knowledge and investigative techniques to add value to the content beyond that which is provided by subject-matter experts.
- Also providing technical inputs and solution to customers with respect to the technical software development made.
- Designs new content, manuals and SRS based on strong technical understanding of product and understanding of customer needs. Establishes relationships with subject-matter experts for technology transfer
- Demonstrates initiative and judgment in prioritizing projects to meet product schedule. Communicates documentation needs and issues, and can propose solutions or alternatives
- Participates and contributes in departmental and cross-functional meetings.
- Also involved in software development for .NET based application called NOMURA which is a windows-based application catering to the needs of the capital market catering to the customers of North America.
- Mainly involved as a first level support for customer queries.
- Involved in modifying code base as per the requirements set by users/customers.
Technical Documentation Analyst and Writer
- Worked as a Technical Writer for Confidential Product specifications and their application and compatibility features on various operating system mainly on Windows Platform and generated technical information that meets the established quality and style standards
- Was responsible for conceiving and developing instruction manuals as well as online documentation for different Confidential products mainly, printers, scanners, desktop PCs and digital cameras
- Involved in creating and designing manual patterns for Confidential products for their respective product categories
- Planned, wrote, and edited operational and instructional manuals, as well as maintenance and test procedures, for paper- and Web-based publications.
- Demonstrated a high level of proficiency with the authoring, graphics, and other tools needed to generate technical information.
- Created technical papers and best practice documents on subjects such as architecture, product features, and integrated solutions.
- Used specifications and other reference material, and works with cross-functional teams to develop a thorough understanding of product and issues for users. Works hands-on with products if necessary.
- Uses standard documentation methods to effectively communicate product concepts and use.
- Followed and provided feedback on standard documentation processes and procedures.
- Took initiative in establishing procedures and standards for documentation process.
Technical Writer and Support Engineer
- Worked as a Technical Support Specialist providing technical support to corporate clients in North America.
- Worked as a support engineer for providing troubleshooting steps of Hardware and Software of the particular product
- Configuration of application software related to Confidential Products compatible with Operating System.
- Handled customers query and help them in a better way to give them the solution to their problems.
- Worked as a Documentation Analyst for developing and designing contents for Confidential products and their software compatibility and network features with desktops and servers.
- Involved in remodeling and conceptualizing documents for product operation across different platforms
- Responsible in ensuring delivery of proper instruction guides to the clients for the respective products in use.