- About seventeen years of IT experience. 12 years of core Technical Writing experience.
- Good research, problem - solving, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Work efficiently either independently or as part of a team.
- Adobe FrameMaker (Structured)
- MadCap Flare 12
- Basic: XML/C++/Python
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
- Adobe Photoshop/RoboScreen Capture/Snagit
- MS Office Suite
- MS Visio
- WebWorks Publisher Professional
- Rational ClearCase
- End-user documentation (Installation, Configuration, Administration, User, and Troubleshooting Guides)
- Process documentation
- Business presentations
Senior Technical Writer
- Work with application and R&D/CAE engineers to plan, write, review, and publish technical documents such as User Guides and Release Notes, Application Notes, Technology Guides, and Flow Guides.
- Update and generate Online Help files using MadCap Flare.
- Interact with subject matter experts and liaising with stakeholders across different geographies.
- Researching and writing technical information, requirement analysis for new features and enhancements based on specification documents, functional descriptions, and change requests, and exploring other materials for documentation of manual and technical articles.
- Work with application engineers and R&D engineers to edit and update man pages (in XML) using Notepad++.
- Review technical articles written by application and support engineers and rewrite for technical accuracy, for accepted rules of grammar, style and format, coherence of story, accuracy, and legality of content, and publish the document.
- Participate in peer reviews and product team meetings.
- Run scripts to verify that man pages are in synchronization with code, and verify any new commands or command changes have been correctly documented in man pages.
- Mentor junior writers on documentation processes and product technologies.
Senior Technical Writer/Project Leader
- Worked with a computer networking products client, an information management client, and an American information technology corporation
- Authored and edited new content or sections based on specification documents, functional descriptions, and change requests submitted for User’s, Configuration, Physical Planning, and Troubleshooting Guides, and Process and procedures documents using Adobe FrameMaker.
- Researched background material for a Problem Report. Developed and updated content, identified personnel responsible for reviewing and approving, and facilitated content review.
- Interacted with SMEs to learn about the technical documents planned for the release.
- Participated in peer, production, and copy editorial reviews, and core team meetings.
- Led the team.
- Handled the production coordination using a document management system.
- Authored and edited new content using Adobe FrameMaker.
- Coordinated with Development, Installation, and Testing teams to develop content plans.
- Prepared product presentations.
- Developed technical manuals, process documents, and business presentations.
- Led a team of four support analysts.
- Owned complete publication responsibility of the quarterly in-house e-zine for ISC (deciding the quarterly theme, coordinating contributions, editing articles, preparing artwork, creating pages in Dreamweaver and producing the e-zine).
- Edited and published relevant information for technical support analysts.
Faculty and Administrative Assistant
- Imparted training to students
- Created and edited courseware
- Counseled faculty and students
- Created Database of Members in Confidential
- Provided support to queries from both internal and external clients of Confidential
- Organized Seminars and Meetings