SUMMARY:Position in technical or marcomm documentation
Operating Systems: Windows 10
Applications: RoboHelp; FrameMaker Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Paint; SmartDraw; Paint Shop Pro; Microsoft FrontPage; TextPad; Microsoft Access
Programming Languages: C; MAGIC Programmer Training; HTML; CSS
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Confidential, Westwood, MA
Senior Product Specialist/Senior Promotional Writer
- Composed and edited materials for upper management.
- Developed and maintained Issues Monitoring web site.
- Served as sole point person for responding to all RFP inquiries related to the Patient Care and Patient Safety (PCS) and Surgical Services (SUR) solutions.
- Coordinated and responded to RFPs, work with Marketing and Sales staff to ensure RFPs meet deadlines and specifications.
- Documented and maintained detailed Wiki of frequent RFP questions and answers for the PCS and ORM solutions.
- Generated collateral materials, including product briefs and flyers
- Translated and responded to Spanish RFPs.
- Ensured the timely production of online product documentation, including online Help, hard copy user manuals, and release notes.
- Established and communicate documentation procedures, standards, and templates.
- Created System Conventions Help project for new UI.
- Structured and coordinated quarterly training program for 45 Development Specialists and 18 Technical Writers.
- Mentored entry - , mid-, and senior-level Technical Writers.
- Participated in Director and VP meetings, wrote quarterly reports for Directors regarding documentation updates and issues.
- Monitored project schedules and managed writer assignments throughout the project cycle, tracked project completion information.
- Conducted QA validation testing.
- Supervised group of nine Technical and Senior Technical Writers.
- Responsible for timely delivery of on-line Help documentation and release notes to coincide with multiple releases and service releases (16 products and four product lines).
- Responsible for staff development, including training, quarterly evaluations, and annual reviews.
- Developed and communicated expected standards of performance for all employees.
Senior Technical Writer
- Analyzed, distributed, and tracked all MIS documentation assignments for 30 writers.
- Supervised and conducted online Help training for all new Confidential hires.
- Used RoboHelp to create conceptual and task-based online documentation (topics, jumps, popups, inter-module links, indices, TOCs); created graphics, including screen shots, flowcharts, and SHED files.
- Used functional specifications and other source material, including interviews with Development, QA, and Implementation, to research software enhancements and bugs.
- Wrote, edited, and proofread all online documentation for the following applications (MAGIC, Client/Server, and Thin Server platforms): Medical Information Systems (MIS); Internet Gateway (web application); and Imaging & Therapeutic Services (ITS)
- Peer edited documentation.
- Created and added online QRC (Quick Reference Card) Help projects to all Client/Server applications.
- Established and managed documentation schedules; performed daily analysis of DTS (Development Tracking System) to determine documentation needs; wrote and transmitted release notes.
- Used Microsoft FrontPage to link WebHelp to the online Confidential ITP (Implementation Training Program) and IRG (Integration Reference Guide); wrote and maintained departmental Intranet site
- Member of both Style and Graphics Committees; established policies and procedures for the Documentation group.