I intend to use my communications, writing and public relations skills to produce value for an organization by increasing brand awareness and recognition with internal and external audiences.
Microsoft Office, WordPress, Social Media, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop, SharePoint, RoboHelp, Netitor, Constant Contact
Confidential, Dublin, OHTechnical Writer
- Create and edit feature stories on local high school student - athletes and community leaders and residents.
- Research and obtain background information and support material prior to interviewing each story subject.
Confidential, Dublin, Ohio
- Created or improved standard operating procedures and manuals for Confidential ’s Supply Management Services and Sourcing processes.
- Researched online sources and consult subject matters experts to acquire materials for technical documents, procedure guides and communications.
- Served as the primary contact for Confidential client visa letters.
- Reviewed and edited all letters to ensure accuracy prior to processing.
- Worked with a learning consultant to provide communications updates, technical documents, and training course descriptions for Confidential ’s implementation of the Fieldglass payroll system.
- Handled an expedited change request impacting 53 procedures at Confidential .
- Completed the assignment while remaining open to various changes throughout the process.
- Led work sessions with Confidential subject matter experts to create or edit communications materials for intranet websites.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Sports Information Director
- Worked under a short deadline to contact former student-athletes of the previous national championship football team, and successfully produced features for the website and homecoming game program.
- Learned the process of updating the athletics website, and implemented improvements by including profile pages for each student-athlete and an expanded history and records sections.
- Provided press releases for game recaps, athletics news and feature stories. Worked with local and national media to promote student-athletes and coaches.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Helped increase attendance at alumni and fundraising events by working with the development director on new marketing and promotion initiatives.
- Published all quarterly Confidential & Confidential alumni magazines before the deadline.
- Interviewed students, faculty and alumni for feature articles.
- Created advertisements and website content to promote open house events for prospective students and parents.
- Successfully pitched a story to local media outlets on a student personally meeting Pope Benedict and another student performing in the Confidential ’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Implemented a crisis communication program that was utilized following a student’s death, and another student’s arrest.
- Learned page creation and content uploading steps for a new website.
- Updates included school news, emergency announcements and feature stories.
Sports Information Coordinator
- Learned to upload content and add images for athletics websites.
- Implemented new student-athlete question and answer features, and blogs.
- Assisted in implementing internet broadcasting for the 2003-2004 season.
- Listening audience grew by 75 percent over the next four years.
- Created press releases, feature stories, game programs and information guides on each athletic program for websites and media.