- Award winning product manager, proposal manager, and technical write.
- Prepared customer briefings.
- Won eight Confidential awards for project or system improvement ideas.
- Prepared cost analysis.
- Scheduled costs and deliverables.
- Performed business analysis and requirements specifications.
- Wrote business plans and managed corporate communications.
- Worked closely with graphic artists and photographers.
- Constantly modified and improved publications.
- Created objective measuring systems for grading the speed and accuracy of customer deliverable.
Software: MS Word, Adobe Suite, Linux, Framemaker, RoboHelp, SnagIt, Visio, and more.
Product Manager / Proposal Writer / Publication and Training Manager / Editor / Writer
- Started as a Product Manager scheduling and overseeing the completion of a software project and creating sales literature.
- Upon successful completion of the project, was invited to manage the publication and training deliverables for a major Confidential medical logistics, accounting, and billing software program.
- Scheduled multiple writers, editors, subject matter experts, graphic artists, production staff, and outside consultants. Set standards, created a style guide, edited numerous publications, and served as arbiter of GPO and Chicago Manual of Style questions.
- Performed needs analysis, scheduling, designing, and delivery of user manuals, requirement specifications, lesson plans, on - line help, computer-based training, training guides, and classroom instruction for hospital staff unfamiliar with basic software applications.
- Developed a library system to maintain reports, presentation materials, and technical documents.
- Created templates and formats, which became organizational standards.
- Prepared funding reports, status reports, and technical presentations.
- Compiled and reduced data into simple reports. Edited technical documents for format, style, and language correctness.
- Oversaw scheduling and successful completion of contract deliverables including all system security documentation.
- Hired a company for and oversaw production of Computer Based Training, coordinated training schedules, deliverables, and resources. Interviewed and hired personnel.
- Performed status reviews.
- Created, submitted, and maintained budgets.
- Never ran over budget and was within a few days on every project schedule. Worked closely with developers to design the GUI and performed much of the testing and organization of testing procedures. Performed demonstrations of the product and the help functions for high-level Confidential funding providers.
- Created metrics and systems for accurate scheduling and delivery costs.
- Used Predictive Analytics to accurately forecasts costs, labor requirements, and timelines.
- Met with management to present timelines, budgets, and needs analysis.
- Wrote numerous GSA and Schedule 70 proposals.
- Hired, interviewed, reviewed, and provided standard personnel supervision.
- Analyzed economic data, created reports for the general public, and provided spending and investment recommendations.
- Grew the reserve fund by more than $600,000, gained the borough an Confidential bond rating, and saved more than $870,000 by restructuring and refinancing of debt.
- Performed numerous public speaking engagements and represented the borough at meetings with the governor, congressmen, and other elected officials.
- Worked closely with borough lawyers to resolve numerous lawsuits, property acquisitions, property sales, and union negotiations.
- Trained at Confidential and served as the borough crisis communications coordinator.
- Wrote proposals for Confidential and other customers related to the Confidential
- Duties included identifying RFPs, assembling teams, setting schedules, creating and monitoring budgets, writing the overview, past-performance sections, re-writing resumes, and coordinating technical and financial sections.
- Left after the Confidential customer formally requested my return.
- Oversaw the installation and marketing of wireless hub sites.
- Created a process manual for installation.
- Hired local contractors.
- Created schedules.
- Negotiated with local site owners for installation rights.
- Maintained complete records and projections of installations, and costs.
- Introduced and applied Predictive Analytics to highly accurate forecasts for installation time and cost as well as anticipation of potential problems.
Director of Corporate Communications
- Served as the “voice of the company” by editing all investor and technical communications emanating from corporate headquarters.
- Created the corporate image for press releases and interviews.
- Hired personnel, managed budgets, assigned and scheduled tasks.
- Managed online help and documents for selected modem, router, and T1 projects.
- Within three months transformed the group into what the CEO called "the best run department in the company.
- Helped design GUIs, and met with customers to assess the quality of the product and help close sales.
- Created shareholder presentations and worked with the corporate officers to create sale presentations.
- Reduced publication costs from an average of $7.25 per modem to $3.45.