Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Serve as a contractor for the Department of Labor’s Employment & Training Administration (ETA) Help Desk.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for Help Desk personnel.
- Provide editing and writing support for Help Desk training materials and other documentation as necessary.
- Maintain Service Catalog and Technical Service Catalog for the ETA Help Desk.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Serve as a contractor for the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Support the construction of the Data Services Hub, which was mandated by the Affordable Care Act.
- Edit and format multiple Business Service Definitions, which play a key role in supporting the Hub’s service - oriented architecture.
- Create minutes for high-level technical discussions and meetings with business owners.
Technical Writer/Project Coordinator
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Served as a contractor for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Reviewed and edited RGI and VA deliverables for readability and adherence to style guidelines.
- Maintained and tracked status of VA OIT deliverables for seven VA projects.
- Helped the company develop and maintain a process for making deliverables compatible with VA 508 guidelines.
Software Tester/Technical Writer
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Serve as a contractor for the Confidential Service.
- Create test scripts for the Justice Detainee Information System ( Confidential ), a collection of U.S.
- Marshals Service databases that tracks prisoners and collects information on investigations.
- Develop and maintain a Test Plan that defines the test procedures for each Confidential enhancement.
- Perform testing as necessary.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Documented IntelliVid, a software package that controls retail CCTV systems.
- Responsible for the Setup Guide, the User's Guide, and related publications.
- Handled documentation for the VideoEdge NVR software package, which controls CCTV systems for large and small installations.
- Responsible for documents for multiple applications, including the Vx Server and Vx Client.
- Maintained PowerPoint training presentations for the VideoEdge NVR software package.
- Performed testing on the VideoEdge NVR system when necessary.
Technical Writer/Assistant Librarian
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Documented CM library procedures and processes for the General Services Administration Public Building Service Office of the Chief Information Officer.
- Served as the backup for the Head CM Librarian and performed some daily library tasks.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Edited documents for style and worked with technical points of contact (POCs) to fill in aspects of particular documents.
- Helped distribute paper and electronic copies of Document Control Office (DCO) documents.
Senior Technical Writer
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Assisted Lead Technical Writer in developing and shaping the requirements for the project and edited the raw evaluation data generated by the technical team.
- Also supported the lead by performing editing and various other tasks.
Senior Technical Writer
Confidential, Scotts Valley, CA
- Developed and maintained print/online documentation for client applications in eXpressroom, an XML/Java-based platform for developing and maintaining large websites. Used FrameMaker for print documentation and JavaHelp for online documentation.
- Developed training materials for the eXpressroom Workflow System, which allows users to automate eXpressroom work processes, in FrameMaker.
- Helped developers write white papers about technical aspects of eXpressroom in Microsoft Word. Advised developers on organizing white papers and edited them for grammar and readability.
- Developed the two-volume eXpressroom Programmer's Guide, which helps programmers develop applications for eXpressroom, in FrameMaker. Reviewed and edited documents for grammar and readability.