A highly regarded, well - qualified, and seasoned Writer and Editor with comprehensive national and international experience in multiple sectors, including Technology and Oil and Gas. Extensive experience in market research/trends, public relations, software/hardware development, and international relations. Adept at creating marketing materials, white papers, instruction manuals, user guides, briefings, materials, and presentations. Seeking new Senior Technical Writer and/or Editor opportunities.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Technical Writing/Editing
- Client Relationship Building
- Business Development
- Industry White Papers
- Research Management
- Business Analysis
- Change Management
- Market Trends
- Briefing Development
ConfidentialSenior Technical Writer
- Provided assistance and guidance to subject matter experts (SME) tasked with creating white papers, articles, documents, and SPE s.
- Completed business writing/editing including creating executive summaries for review and approval, and strategic communication materials.
- Designed and wrote product and project documentation, including technical manuals for in-house developed applications.
- Wrote and edited new and existing marketing materials for booklets and events.
- Formulated and presented article ideas for print and online media; conducted interviews for videos and articles.
- Created compelling marketing content for Confidential Upstream Center.
- Provided editorial assistance for web materials and for Confidential Public Relations Department articles.
- Wrote and edited course materials for Confidential Upstream Continuing Excellence HR and events.
- Created and edited manuals, procedures, and instructions to assist in software development and system integrations including Quick Guide documents for client use.
- Translated technical release notes into plain, functionality-focused material that clearly outlined system changes/upgrades for Confidential Communications, and Confidential development environments.
- Administered an internal wiki using Wikipedia software wiki.roamworks.com, SharePoint administration, and related taxonomy.
- Wrote ad-hoc custom reports for consulting projects, and syndicated reports for countries in the Middle East, Africa, and Turkey within IT service markets by region, vertical market, and internal IDC-specific taxonomy definitions.
- Designed, wrote, and edited end user questionnaires and surveys.
- Created documentation for a development team that was tasked with implementing and configuring a Microsoft SharePoint portal solution to meet the requirements of the Confidential ’s Installation Management Command.
- Wrote all services offered by the acquisition department and other agencies on the same internal communication network; wrote the content for the external website.
- Created SharePoint usage and administration manuals, and for various SharePoint customized applications; trained users worldwide using teleconferences and online conference software.
- Supported the engineering lifecycle by meeting with system users through requirements management, solution design, and implementation, testing, issue/problem management, and associated with technical solutions.
- Senior technical writer on the State Messaging and Archival and Retrieval Toolset (SMART) project, a multi-million-dollar project designed to modernize communications within the Department of State by attaching diplomatic telegrams in Outlook.
- Coordinated with the user community and stakeholders to translate business requirements into functional system requirements for the enterprise-wide SMART system.
- Assisted with issues in the installation and configuration of the SMART system in Test, Q&A, and Production; assisted SMART trainers in configuring the system to prepare for OCONUS and national deployments.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Championed organization-wide knowledge sharing to ensure that information/experiences were shared with clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Assessed and presented knowledge sharing options through operational business processes and systems; strengthened the link between knowledge sharing and information systems.
- Systematically analyzed issues and problems to gather input from stakeholders; translated conclusions into timely decisions and actions to achieve consensus and collaboration.
ConfidentialIT Services Research Manager
- Worked on consulting projects for the largest IT and telecommunications companies in the UAE and worldwide, including for Confidential, one-of-two telecoms in the UAE.
- Researched pricing on basic client services to find correct baselines.
- Managed a team of seven IT analysts both on-site and remotely.
- Assessed the scope and resource planning for custom research projects, and created a methodology and framework to generate custom research reports for clients across the Confidential and Turkey.
- Conducted primary and secondary research to gather data used to compile reports to remain current with the Confidential IT services market.
- Collaborated with the sales team to ensure that the proposals were within scope and feasible within given timelines.
- Met with potential clients to capture new business and provide information on available services and reports. Approved data for the compilation of reports, according to trends in the market/historical data.