I will use my 18 years of technical and writing experience to support your company, its mission and goals. Along with my experience, I bring leadership and training capabilities to personnel, a work ethic that is recognized and contagious to others, a sharp eye and attention to detail, and a genuine enthusiasm to innovate and produce quality work and products that best represent the company I am devoted to and its interests.
- Adobe Creative Suite software
- Arbortext (XML/SGML)
- Photography and media equipment
- Structured Adobe Framemaker
- Project and team management skills
- Technical writing staff trainer
- Team environment promotion
- Quality control editor for manuals
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Microsoft SharePoint software
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Vehicle systems expert
- Data analyst and mining proficient
- Converting complex data to material for the target audiences
- Content Management Systems
Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, GoLive, etc.
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Knowledge and use of: Arbortext, Microsoft Visio, PageMaker, FrameMaker, CMS systems Windchill/E - room/EDE, XML/SGML, MS Project, ProComm Plus Graphic Interface Software, AutoCad/LT/WS, Pro/Engineer, Various Parts-Listing Databases, Specs S1000D
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS:
Confidential, York, PA
Project Manager/Lead Technical Writer
- Responsible for manual content (writing/illustration), work delegation, training, workflow and process.
- Doubled validation workflow efficiency by recognizing deficiencies and required process improvements and presenting to management.
- Validated engineering drawings and Technical Data Package (TDP) to help Confidential engineering correct errors.
- Assembled and published technical manuals per mil - std matrices as CDRLs for Panther MRV and Slat Armor.
- Quality Control Expert for post validation work technical manuals. Checked work for consistency, grammatical and technical accuracy, and correct XML/SGML tagging/links.
- Assist Confidential Provisioning and Logistics Documentation Engineers with Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC), Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL) and Level Of Repair Analysis (LORA).
- Successfully integrated C4SIR GFE documentation into Panther MMPV Maintenance Manual and RPSTL.
Confidential, Shippensburg, PA
Supervisor, Instructional Writing
- Supervisor for a team of five employees.
- Created process and work responsibilities matrix for department and electronic filing system in preparation for training related to content management system.
- Trained employees to convert legacy manuals to material importable to proprietary content management system with Arbortext/Epic Editor front end.
- Coordinated printed, CD-ROM, and internet based manual distribution to customers.
Confidential, York, PA
Senior Technical Writer
- Created electrical schematics for several Confidential and Confidential automobiles by reading vehicle engineering drawings and recreating in service manual format using Adobe Illustrator.
- Saved Confidential $10k in photography services for Confidential and Confidential vehicle manual wiring harness pictures by renting photography equipment and performing photography myself.
- Lead writer that trained team of writers at Confidential India to write automotive manuals for Confidential.
- Created templates and layouts to update Confidential Motor’s automobile owner and service manuals to world-class standards, particularly for the Confidential Indica and Indigo.
- Developed and authored York International installation, service, operation manuals, troubleshooting, and wiring schematics for industrial chiller graphic control panels retrofitted to competitive chiller units.
- Worked directly with SMEs on field retrofit installations, travelling directly to the customer site.
- Created searchable and bookmarked electronic copies of manuals for distribution among service technicians and contractors.
- Developed an operation manual for a Confidential screw compressor industrial chiller.
- Created technical manuals and training documentation for Confidential industrial and agricultural equipment.
- Performed technical manual work on all Confidential vehicle systems including: drivetrain, power transfer, hydraulic, electrical, and drive-by-wire vehicle systems management, and diagnostic software.
- Work was a balanced amount of work performed between a vehicle maintenance shop environment and data collected from engineers, project managers, SMEs and engineering drawings.
Confidential, Cranberry Township, PA
Sales Professional/Website Maintenance
- This job required my extensive knowledge of powersports equipment, parts, and specifications as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Managed internet sales and maintained Confidential ’ HTML website regularly.
Confidential, Lancaster, PA
Research and Development Technician
- Performed research and development for a variety of heat transfer and energy conversion devices pertaining to aerospace technology.
- Manufactured, tested, and developed processes for experimental heat transfer devices in accordance with specifications and budget guidelines.
- Created and defined technical process required to press, sinter, and machine porous nickel alloy wicks to strict specifications through material data analysis, interpretation, and experimentation.
- Calculated and analyzed experimental data; keeping a detailed laboratory notebook outlining procedures, extrapolating, interpreting, and mining patterns in data in order to create porous metal wicks that met porosity and capillary requirements.