- Over 13 years experience as a Senior Technical Writer and 12 years experience as a web developer/designer.
- Wrote and edited operation and maintenance technical manuals in MIL - STD-40051-2 format for the Confidential .
- Tagged all content in XML in accordance with Confidential -2361C
- Three years Documentation Management experience.
- Managed software technical documentation group of eight writers and an editor
- Expert knowledge of Windows and Macintosh environments, both software and hardware.
- Created, edited, and produced IT-related procedural documents and instruction guides explaining hardware implementation, network configurations, backup/restore procedures, and d Confidential base “how to” documents
- 12 years web development and on-line experience.
- Wrote end user documentation, web content, and online help text for multiple web sites.
- Created internal documents explaining web application flow, d Confidential base documentation, and detailed programming specifications
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Extensive experience using ArborText XML Editor, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe RoboHelp and Adobe Framemaker.
- Secret security clearance
Confidential, Natick, MA
Senior Technical Writer and Editor
- Wrote and edited Confidential operation and maintenance technical manuals in MIL-STD-40051-2 format and XML tagged content in accordance with Confidential -2361C.
- The tools used in this project include Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat Professional, ArborText XML Editor and Adobe Photoshop.
- Developed the team's XML guidelines checklist, reviewed peer documents to ensure XML compliance, helped to develop new hire program, and maintained the team's network servers.
Confidential, Hyannis, MA
Web Applications Developer
- Maintained corporate web site, posted breaking news, developed custom PHP/SQL web-based applications, created photo/video galleries, and provided software support.
- The tools used in this job included Saxotech Editor, Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Media Grid digital media processing services.
- Wrote procedural and documentation for web applications and end-user
Web Developer and Technical Writer
- Designed, developed, and implemented new web sites based on customer specifications.
- Installed operating systems and applications on Macintosh, PCs and laptops.
- Conducted individual and group classes in Microsoft Office, Adobe Dreamweaver, and HTML.
- Wrote procedural documents, guides, and on-line help text for multiple clients.
Confidential, South Yarmouth, MA
Senior Lotus Notes Applications Developer and Administrator
- Designed, wrote, and supported corporate Lotus Notes d Confidential bases and intranet applications for 400+ users.
- Maintained corporate Lotus Notes servers at home office and at twenty-two stores located throughout New England.
- Supported Visual Basic interface between in-store AS/400s and Microsoft SQL servers.
- Supported Help Desk with all Lotus Notes issues.
- Wrote extensive internal documentation about hardware setup and maintenance, backup/restore procedures, and “how to” documents for internal IT staff.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Senior Web Applications Developer
- Designed, wrote, and maintained Lotus Notes applications on the team that was responsible for the Lotus corporate web site.
- Wrote detailed specifications and flow charts to document web applications.
- Created style sheets and schema for XML-based RSS feeds.
Confidential, Hyannis, MA
Lotus Notes/Domino Applications Developer
- Designed and created internal workflow d Confidential base applications to support the development and support groups.
- Wrote detailed project specifications, procedural documentation, and guides.
- Created web-based internal classes and videos.
Technical Documentation Specialist
- Created tools, developed workflow procedures, and researched new documentation methods to support the technical writing group.
- Converted all paper documentation (100,000+ pages) to Adobe Acrobat format for CD distribution.
Technical Documentation Manager
- Managed documentation group of eight writers and editors.
- Wrote project specifications, developed detailed style guides, advocated for documentation on software project teams, managed day-to-day activities of the writing and editorial staffs, and wrote end-user documentation and online help text as needed.
Senior Technical Writer
- Wrote, edited, and produced end-user documentation and online help text for AS/400-based Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Personnel software applications.