- I am a Senior Technical Writer/Training Developer with over twenty (20) years of professional experience.
- I have extensive experience with multiple documentation - related initiatives where I analyzed, designed, developed, edited and published manuals, training guides, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), courseware and product guides.
- My experience includes creating project estimates and plans for documentation projects, providing leadership and coaching for a team to accomplish project goals, as well as working with cross-functional teams including Application Development, Quality Assurance, Customer Support, Product Management and Executive Leadership.
- Specific technical expertise includes Adobe FrameMaker, Arbortext Editor, XMetal, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Access, MS Visio, Interleaf, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Illustrator.
- Industry experience includes software products, financial, e-commerce, telecommunications, military, and automotive manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain user documentation and project process documentation for application development and special teams.
- Review, develop, and recommend changes to technical documentation within the governing elements of the Ohio Confidential National Guard network.
- Work with National Guard staff to conduct analysis of current business practices and develop the appropriate documentation.
- Provide expertise on technical concepts of applications and structuring procedures in a logical sequence.
- Adhere to Department of Defense information assurance security guidelines.
Courseware Developer/Project Coordinator
- Created certification exams and became a Certified Exam Proctor for Confidential i2 COPLINK Detect; this was a law enforcement application.
- Identified duplicate materials in product administration and installation guides, as well as used shared files to reduce file maintenance and production time.
- Produced administrative and end user documentation for Confidential Sterling B2B Integrator; distribution was completed through an online information center.
- Streamlined the conversion process from XMetal to Arbortext by 25% and worked with other teams to reduce their conversion times; this was being converted due to the acquisition of Sterling Commerce.
- Worked with international teams to create and deliver comprehensive and consistent solutions that met customer requirements; specific solutions included online help and online information centers.
- Edited completed projects and courses for accuracy of content, as well as adherence to group style standards prior to final production.
- Designed and instructed training programs for internal and external delivery for Confidential COPLINK, Sterling Total Payments and Sterling Integrator.
- Created project plans to ensure information product deliverables aligned with product delivery dates; utilized MS Project, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Integrated new staff into the company and mentored them on group processes and company methodologies.
- Documented different types of computer interfaces including UNIX command line, menu based and graphical user interfaces.
Senior Technical Writer/Project Coordinator
- Generated project estimates and documentation plans from project requirements.
- Negotiated project budgets and funding for multiple projects; specifically these were the documentation and training initiatives associated with the software development projects.
- Negotiated internally to determine features documented, planned hours, headcount needed, etc.; tracked teams hours to make sure they were staying within approved range, as well as negotiated for changes when additional work was added.
- Worked with customers to establish training needs and scheduled the delivery of training.
- Resolved scheduling problems and resolved project issues for parallel product releases.
- Served as Production Coordinator for team’s final deliverables and completed quality checks for accuracy of content, as well as adherence to group standards.
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams including Development, Quality Assurance, Customer Support, and Product Management to deliver quality product documentation.
- Researched and analyzed a broad spectrum of topics from patents, product branding and extraneous system errors.
- Created multiple document types in formats including one page job aids to multi-volume Operating, Administration & Maintenance guides.
Senior Technical Writer/Information Development Specialist
- Implemented use of single-source publishing to create online and hardcopy product documentation, as well as instructor and student guide training materials.
- Field-tested installation procedures in system lab with installation team to streamline the installation process and resolve installation errors; the telecommunications system being installed was called the enhanced Service Manager (eSM).
- Met on-site with clients to review documentation issues and collect their input for product/documentation requirements.
- Served as site liaison to Lucent’s translations group; conducted weekly calls in order to complete a status check on the projects being translated to a foreign language - worked on wording issues and set team standards for consistency; also set timelines for deliveries.
- Acted as team representative on a multi-site Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) Migration Committee.
- Worked closely with end-users to develop system documentation and product training that suited their needs for eSM.
- Participated in inter-company audits to evaluate operation standards and documentation practices to provide recommendations for improvement.