Seeking a position as on - site or off-site Technical Writer where my technical background, engineering degree, and attention to detail can be used to create quality documentation.
I have been doing technical writing for over 19 years. Please refer particularly to my varied employment described below.I personally own Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Photoshop, WinZip, SnagIt, and the Microsoft Office Suite, to name a few. I can work from a home office with document scanning and faxing capability.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- Hardware manuals for equipment installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and operation
- Software manuals rich in screen captures, GUIs, and command line instructions
- Consumer - oriented user manuals
- Desktop publishing and editing
- Software proficiency includes:
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word
- Adobe FrameMaker and Acrobat
- Various graphic capture and editing applications
- Edits and formats technical manuals for a Plano - based semiconductor chip company.
- Provides content, design, and SEO for /career web sites.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Created GUI designs and specifications for a new product line of telephones with color Confidential .
- Collaborated with subject matter experts (SMEs), engineering, marketing, and other stakeholders at a variety of locations.
Confidential, Little Rock, AR
- Edited and formatted documentation for customer service and call center employees.
- Converted documents from Word to HTML using a proprietary software tool for local and nationwide via the Web.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Created User Guides for Confidential GSM and CDMA phones.
- Created printed manuals for point - of-sale packaging and for online user guides.
- Both types of documents utilized step procedures and menu selection to explain how the phones operate.
- Responsible for establishing project schedules and for acquiring information from SMEs, legal staff, editors, and graphic designer.
- Helped coordinate translation services and DTP, and was responsible for releasing the manuals for printing and Internet posting.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Senior Technical Writer
- Converted manuals to HTML and formatted legacy documents for online help.
- The manuals and online help, walk the technician sequentially through the product operation, using discussion, step procedures, graphics, and flow diagrams to explain sequential operations and operational logic.
- Suggested GUI design improvements to software designers.
- Collaborated with management and SMEs in the design and content of documentation.
Confidential. Richardson, TX
- Created Student Guides for classroom .
- Classrooms had installed hardware and switches, and computer workstations for hands - on equipment installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Personally validated the documentation for accuracy using classroom hardware and software.
- Used students in pilot classrooms to help design and evaluate test questions.
- Evaluated several pilot programs and participated in a web site usability study.
- Prepared PowerPoint presentations used in the student classes.