Accomplished and versatile writer, editor and tech writer. Computer and web savvy. Extensive knowledge of international affairs, health, government policy, business. Publications manager from start to finish. Converts technical matter into text accessible to nonspecialist readers. Strong web site planner, writer, blogger. Skilled at working with colleagues to improve documents. Knowledgeable about social media.
- MS Word, WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Internet applications, desktop publishing (QuarkXPress).
- Proficient researcher using online resources, including Lexis/Nexis, government databases.
- Experienced in Web analytics using Google Analytics, Urchin
Documentation Tools & Technical Skills: Word, PowerPoint,, Excel, SharePoint, Access, QuarkXpress, SharePoint, Urchin, Twitter, FaceBook.
TECH WRITING, EDITING AND COMMUNICATIONS EXPERIENCE:
- Writer, editor and online communicator for the Confidential.
- Write and edit articles and web copy supporting IT innovation.
- Write video scripts and speeches for senior Confidential officials.
- Rewrote and reorganized web site on IT acquisitions.
- Used Twitter, Facebook and internal Confidential networks to promote major IT conference.
Senior Web Editor
- Chief writer and editor in thorough rewrite/relaunch of Confidential web site.
- Worked with subject matter experts to rewrite web content to make it accessible to broad readership.
- Did thorough quality control and content review, simplified web architecture, worked with designers to improve attractiveness of site.
- As a full - time contractor, wrote and edited documents on Confidential contracts.
- Wrote internal reports on telecommuting, e-verify ID system.
- Edited and updated business/legal correspondence on contracting process.
- Created and updated forms in Word 2007.
- Maintained database in MS Access.
Proposal editor and writer
- Edited proposal from LongView International Technology Solutions. wrote success stories on U.S.-Russia technical cooperation projects.
- Interviewed scientists, engineers, national laboratory.
Senior Technical Writer
- As a full-time contractor, wrote and edited on business process improvement and organizational effectiveness for Confidential websites and newsletter.
- Wrote reports on conferences and meetings.
- Wrote congressional correspondence on aviation issues and agency news developments.
- Ghostwrote article in aviation magazine for senior manager.
- Wrote FAQs, technical documents.
Annual report writer and editor
- Wrote and edited annual reports for arms control group an organization that promotes micro-lending to Confidential projects.
Publications manager and editor
- Edited and supervised production and senior staff review of 60-page publication on anti-tobacco youth health programs.
- Coordinated graphics, wrote copy, liaised with design firm.
Web content writer and editor
- Wrote complete websites for new tech businesses.
- Built, designed, maintained, and created content for professional website.
Deputy Communications Director
- Wrote, edited, planned and strategized on legislative communications.
- Organized press events.
- Produced booklet on Voting Rights Act.
- Drafted advertising.
- Hired and supervised staff.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Managed bimonthly newspaper for nonprofit advocacy organization, Public Citizen. Supervised editorial process, news writing, layout in QuarkXPress.
- Maintained blog on government secrecy.
- Wrote and edited materials on pharmaceutical industry, including legal, regulatory, and medical-scientific issues, Copyedited monthly health newsletter written by organization’s Health Research Group.