- To seek a senior technical writer position where I can grow my career by utilizing my experience in technical writing, instructional design, and IT training.
- 18 years of experience in the field of technical writing, instructional design, development of instructor - led training manuals and user guides, and IT training.
- On all the projects, I was involved in all the stages of system development life cycle.
- Trained IT professionals and end-users.
- Excellent communication skills
Technical Writer Leader/Trainer
- Developing training material and end-user documentation in support of a new medical bill processing system
- Researching, writing, editing, and proofreading technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as training manuals, standard operating procedures, medical bill operations manual, functional specifications, and requirements specifications. Reviewing and revising documents prepared by others.
- Ensuring products meet deadlines, quality standards and client needs
- Interviewing programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel. Develop documentation based upon information gathered.
- Establishing and creating style guidelines and standards for various documents to meet business needs
- Assisting the Development team in tracking Development gaps with regards to implementation requirements using Rational ClearQuest
- Assisting the Requirements team with gap analysis of Functional Specifications documents to ensure that each of the implementation requirements map to a business requirement
- Recording meeting minutes for all technical conference calls with vendor companies on the contract
- Providing leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel
Sr. Technical Writer/Editor
- Attending JAD sessions to gather requirements
- Preparing functional and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) documents
- Performing technical writing and editing
- Establishing documentation guidelines, procedures and templates
- Creating system test plans
- Creating user manuals, tutorials, quick reference guides, system design documents, SOPs to document operating procedures, governance plans, in addition to documenting meeting minutes and lessons learned. Applied Section 508 accessibility requirements to all MS Word documents and PDFs.
- Providing documentation required for an enterprise-wide effort to migrate ED’s Intranet ColdFusion site to a new SharePoint site
- Providing functional and regression testing support
- Ensuring technical documentation is accurate, complete, meeting editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style
- Participating in the establishment of style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations
- Supporting the development of documentation for the System Development Life Cycle and the Enterprise Life Cycle
- Conducting customer training
- Providing documentation required for the Fund’s ongoing ISO 27001 certification exercise
- Interviewing team members to collect technical information about the Fund workstation configuration
- Documenting the Fund standard workstation configuration
- Documenting the software applications and systems used to develop and maintain the Fund standard workstation configuration
- Maintaining the desktop infrastructure team’s Intranet web site
- Lead for all documentation tasks
- Coordinating development of project technical documentation, including creating and monitoring documentation schedules in conjunction with the overall project schedule
- Preparing application life cycle documentation for in-house developed Web-based applications.
- Interviewing developers to elicit relevant information pertaining to applications, in order to produce written documentation
- Producing all major projects technical documentation including user guides, training manuals, business process flows, meeting minutes, requirements document, design document, frequently asked questions, quick reference cards, and test documents
- Maintaining project documentation library using version control
- Ensuring that documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial specifications, and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style
- Developing and maintaining documentation guidelines, procedures, and templates
- Assisting QA Manager with process-related documentation to support process improvement initiatives
- Reviewing and editing documentation produced by technical and non-technical personnel