Seeking a career position as a Technical Writer, writing operation and maintenance manuals, and product descriptions for Technical Manuals and or Aircraft Component Repair Manuals.
Detailed oriented team person, with capabilities of writing to integrate technology, production sequence and details into clear, structured, and defined material, challenged by time constraints, personnel, and financial resources. Have extensive knowledge in the life cycle of technical manual management in a regulated environment for DOD and US Army Military Specifications that resulted in providing our military customers with 125 total product support.
Technical Writer / Senior Logistician, Technical Publications Group
- Detailed oriented team person preparing, producing and maintaining company publications Technical Manuals, Product Descriptions, Data Item Description sheets, Parts Lists, Manufacturing Maintenance procedures and department spreadsheets .
- Developed a successful working relationship directly with US Army/Life Cycle Management Command for building and maintaining Engineering Data for Provisioning EDFP , Repair Parts Special Tools List RPSTL , and Illustrated Parts Breakdowns IPB .
- Built and maintained a library of photos, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts that accurately illustrates material and improves publication readability and use.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, engineers and plant executives to establish technical specifications and to develop subject material to be developed for publication.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups and manufactured products to integrate technology, operating procedures, and production sequence and details.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point , Adobe Acrobat Pro, Canvas, and Technical Illustrating.
- Experienced writing Technical Manuals in MIL-STD-40051-2A format.
Tech Support Aviation Software Trainer
- Learned various proprietary software modules and provided customized, hands-on software application training to support end-users.
- Make software enhancement recommendations based on end-users requests. Rewrite and update software program manuals.
- Staff and support help desk for after hour emergencies.
Supervisor/Working Section Leader, Cargo Systems Power Generation
- Designed and implemented the start-up of Cargo Systems Repair Overhaul maintenance shop.
- Supervised and led a two shift operation of 12 technicians in repair, modification, and overhaul of over 75 types of Power Drive Units, Linear and Cart-Lift Actuators and Motors for the A300, DC10, B747, B757, B767, B777 and L1011 Aircraft.
- Supervised three technicians in repair and overhaul of generators, starters, and contactors.
- Supervised and trained several technicians in repair and modification of the A320 Rotary Flap Actuators.
- Reduced backlogs and turnaround time by planning work assignments and priorities of units cut 30-day turnaround in half.
- Team leader liaison of the Goodrich / Boeing Working Together Team.
- Received a Certificate of Achievement from Boeing for outstanding product support. Awarded, FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician, Ruby Award.
- Certified Inspector, FAA Authorized Release Certificate, Form 8130-3.
Flight Control Technician
Repair and Modification of A320 Rotary Flap Actuators
- Demonstrated the procedures for maintaining the Rotary Flap Actuator program for prospective customers.
- Established a working relationship with the manufacturer with improving the inspection criteria of the A320 Rotary Flap Actuators.
- Completed training for Quality/Incoming Inspections which reduced the backlog of incoming products.
Site Supervisor / Working Leadman
- Supervised and led five mechanics in repair, modification and overhaul of 47, F100-PW-100 Jet Engines, valued at over 150 million.
- Supervised requisitioning serviceable components and modules from five, F100-PW-200 jet engines during budget constraints. Saved an estimated 3000-maintenance hours and 1.6 million.
- Efficiently and effectively planned work assignments, priorities and production of engines to help reduce the backlog of engines awaiting maintenance.
- Jet Engine Mechanic, Staff Sergeant E-5
- Security Clearance: Secret Clearable .
- Outstanding NCO with broad experience and technical ability.
- Supervisor, Test Cell Operator, QA Engine Inspector, and Technical Writer.
- Progressed through all Jet Engine Intermediate Maintenance Courses and Aircraft Battle Damage Repair Training.
- Yellow Belt Six Sigma certified
- Certificate holder of FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic ISO 9000 / 9001 Training
- Several Supervisory / Leadership training seminars