Technical writer accustomed to working under very tight deadlines while maintaining the highest standard of quality work.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe FrameMaker 9
- Microsoft Office Suite, with specific expertise in Word, Visio and Access
- FileMaker Pro
- Create original copy under deadlines, ensure copy is consistent with internal corporate standards and Confidential, make observations of procedures and document as instructions with relevant safety information, perform independent research and conduct interviews with subject matter experts, create training and procedural documents for varying audiences including end users and engineers, organize and manage complex and ongoing projects, coordinate and manage periodic document review for specific departments identify and coordinate review loops to ensure accurate and timely review of documents, ensure that documents created are ISO/TS compliant using a quality management system, map business processes using Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint.
- Designated as first point of contact in three departments for documentation related projects and initiatives, increased to five departments after one year of service
- Initiated and drove a department’s initiative to standardize their documentation in a six month period
- Addressed customer concerns proactively and under deadline, leading to internal company recognition for customer service via Rewards and Recognition award
- Consulting firm providing economic advisory services to electricity and natural gas markets.
- Wrote in - house manuals, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word tutorials, drafted bibliographies with varying citation styles, revised and proofread correspondence for CEO and staff, updated company website and layout, produced reports for invoice and inventory management purposes, ensured that business proposals and requests for proposals adhered to company format and Confidential .
- Edited congressional testimony for CEO and staff under very tight timeframes
- Became subject matter expert in Microsoft Office and was consulted by fellow employees to assist in documentation related matters in Microsoft Word
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Association management firm providing management services to trade associations.
- Mailed out surveys to engineering firms requested feedback on jobs that member agencies had performed, processed and documented negative feedback in an in-house Access database, created custom queries and reports to illustrate metrics to management, created user manual for custom-created database to document processes and best known methods and to train new users, created end user manual to maintain quality assurance for software being used, produced reports for high level management and end user, including company CEO and customers
- Performed data entry of customer-submitted forms into internal company database, assisted customers in selecting appropriate options for trips, addressed customer concerns over the phone and in person, processed incoming payments and refunds as necessary per supervisor’s discretion.