Summary of Qualifications
- Over 25 years experience in information technology, logistics and procurement development and training, End User Manuals, White Papers, Training Support Package design, and organizational and management related fields
- Able to work comfortably and effectively on a daily basis with a much diversified group of individuals
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Microsoft: WORD, Excel, Visio, and Power Point Instructor
- Adobe: Captivate Instructor , Photoshop, Framemaker certified/instructor , RoboHelp, and Acrobat
- TechSmith: SnagItand Camtasia Studio
- SharePoint and Subversion Management
- A very detail-oriented person with superb organizational skills
- Responsible for designing, developing, programming, testing, and maintaining Logistical/Procurement software programs and operating systems, training materials, developing and maintaining system manuals, technical and functional specification documents, and database file design
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system acquisition and implementation
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility for shared information
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment
- Supervise/manage the information technology office staff, administrative personnel, and customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems
- Determine training/testing requirements
- Experienced with CMMI rating requirements and the direct specifics for company policies and procedures
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs the computer system is to address
- Experienced in database information management, software and hardware testing, system development, programming and implementation procedures
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards
- Interpret, implement, and communicate corporate policies, procedures, and service standards to staff, as well as resolved escalated complaints or disputes
- Determine computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system Utilize the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems such as
- development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems
- Trained/instructed team members in job duties, computer applications, data management, company policies, and determined departmental/site training requirements
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical logistical systems
- Review computer records and reports pertaining to activities such as logistics, production, payroll, human resources, and supply in order to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate IT and personnel performance
Technical Writer/Instructional Designer
- Currently designated as the Technical Writer/Instructional Designer Lead for the
- AWRDS Army War Reserve Deployment System logistical system contract A software system for US Army vehicle work order and maintenance management, parts procurement, warehouse management, port ops coordination, graphical asset representation, document register management, quote management, financial accounting, RFID control, data transfer and replication, report generation, AdHoc style inquiries, personnel and man hour management, import/export management, inventory management, receiving/dispatching, demand analysis, system configuration, and stratification procedures.
- Determine content for modularized training courseware
- Design and develop technical Power Point presentations for end user education platforms
- Design and develop end user guides and manuals
- Travel on an as required basis to train users in new and existing AWRDS application and hardware system functionality
- Develop Style Guides for training presentations, User Guides, and Training
- Manuals to ensure product-wide continuity
- Assist in the testing of new software builds, verification of System Design Documents SDDs and System Change Requests SCRs , and verify contractual deliverables
- Setup classrooms, coordinate student attendance, and determine specific training requirements on a section by section need
- Train Army personnel and civilian contractors on proper logistical system usage, hand-held device utilization, and RFID equipment procedures and maintenance
- Fill required personnel vacancies around the world on an as-required basis until permanent replacements are trained
- Designated Technical Writing Project Lead for:
- Determining specifics of deliverables to best meet individual government contracts
- The SAMS-E Standard Army Maintenance System - Enhanced Computer-Based Training CBT and New Equipment Training NET project manager SAMS-E is a software system for US Army vehicle work order and maintenance management, parts procurement, warehouse management, port ops coordination, graphical asset representation, document register management, quote management, financial accounting, RFID control, data transfer and replication, report generation, AdHoc style inquiries, personnel and man hour management, import/export management, inventory management, receiving/dispatching, demand analysis, system configuration, and stratification procedures.
- The Learning Management System LMS /Learning Content Management Systems LCMS requisition, design and development project
- The KARTA AT T Employee Training project Subcontractor
- The CATC, FORSCOM, and Tactical Armament Command TACOM training material development projects to include PBUSE, SARSS, and SAMS-E
- The Standard Army Retail Supply System SARSS training material development and implementation project manager
- The SAMS-E 13.00.07 TSP Training Support Package NET Training upgrade project manager
- The SAMS-E 13.01 TSP Training Support Package Fielding NET Training upgrades project manager
- The SAMS-E 13.01.03 TSP Training Support Package Fielding upgrade project
- Responsible for developing/maintaining the SAMS-E Standard Army Maintenance System Enhanced - logistical application training material, documentation, and manuals, to include the End User Manuals, Academy
- Courseware, Power Point educational presentations, Point of Instruction documentation/manuals, Training Academy Handbooks, Student Handouts, and Technical Final Exams.
- Designed Visio flow charts and plan-o-grams for various logistical applications.
- Designed technical storyboards for eLearning projects. I create technical presentations, design training courseware, and act as instructor for Continuing Education courses.
- Designed handheld Wi-Fi systems for point-of sale credit/debit card transactions in major stadiums and large arenas.
- Designed a complete software and Wi-Fi system for restaurant point of order/sale, product distribution, and supply/personnel management.
- Member of the CMMI internal audit team. I collect document evidence to assure compliance for CMMI certification and accreditation.
- Developed, wrote, edited, and maintained Power Point instructional presentations, Student Handbooks, and Point of Instruction manuals for the
- Fielding Training Support Packages - US Army contract the Standard Army Maintenance System - Enhanced SAMS-E as determined by contract deliverables.
- Worked independently, with minimal supervision. I am very detail oriented, producing products in a timely manner, without ever compromising quality.
- Member of the McLane CMMI certification board, as well as the Quality Review Board Co-Chairman .
- Rewrote and redesigned the Route Clearance Vehicle RCV Forward Repair Area FRA Kuwait KU Standard Operating Procedures Manual SOP to include explicit training procedures, detailed task functionality, and performance specifications
- Supported the configuration of a data management system for use in support of the Joint Logistics Integrator JLI for the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected MRAP Vehicle Joint Program Office JPO
- Responsible for requirement implementation, system revision, system configuration management, testing, and user training. I was also responsible for the mining and analysis of data
- Responsible for coordinating the implementation of new data requirements and development of various reports on vehicle platforms. I was also assigned to the asset and property management teams.
- Edited all received supply transactions and posts into Standard Army
- Maintenance System-Enhanced SAMS-E , and generate hand receipts and other accountability documentation, as well as generating standard and customized adhoc reports.
- Maintained the SAMS-E data files for equipment issued, stored or received as part of the MRAP program. Ensures component shortages are accurately documented and maintained. Creates scheduled and unscheduled reports required by the CPBO.
- Assisted in the development of processes and methods to expedite and economize the LBE process. Update work orders, task and parts cost data for accountability and reporting this information to LIW. Conduct full labor accounting with SAMSE.
- Re-wrote/redesigned the Route Clearance Vehicle RCV Forward Repair Area
- FRA Kuwait KU Standard Operating Procedures Manual SOP to include explicit training procedures, detailed task functionality, and performance specifications.
- Managed a 120-acre country club, including Hawaii's only tennis stadium. I was responsible for 40plus employees. I determined employee training requirements, and coordinated appropriate instruction. I managed IT systems, inventory control, retail selections, accounting, insurance, human resources, and equipment purchases.
- Conducted tests and inspections of products, services, and processes to evaluate quality and performance. Developed and devised monthly TV, magazine, and radio advertising campaigns.
- Designed brochures, table tent cards, business cards, gift certificates, and discount coupons. I interacted regularly with major hotel management Hilton, Weston, Hyatt, and Marriott coordinating promotional activities and events.
- Coordinated annual events for the NFL during the Pro Bowl and Quarterback
- Challenge. Organized ongoing international USTA sanctioned tennis tournaments. Sponsored and organized job fairs, tennis teams, and training programs for local high school and college students.
Management Information Systems Analyst/Programmer
- Design, develop, program, and maintain TANDEM software systems for logistics, distribution, maintenance, security, reservations, reception, inventory, procurement, accounting, and human resources.
- Update and develop new programs as needed. Interact with users concerning computer problems.
- I developed applications and presentations for training new employees. Analyze information processing and computation needs, design project plans, and develop computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling, content development strategies, and information architecture and engineering.
- Expanded or modified existing software systems to meet current needs, serve new purposes, or improve work and data flow. Specify inputs accessed by the system and plan the distribution and use of the results.
- Researched future requirements to recommend new equipment and/or software packages. Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
- Analyzed manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to assist in developing programs to meet staff and user requirements.
- Used object-oriented programming languages, such as COBOL, Dbase II, Fortran, Basic, and Assembler, as well as client and server applications, development processes, and multimedia and Internet technology.
Software Systems Analyst/Programmer
- Design, develop, program, and maintain software systems for logistics, procurement, maintenance, medical services, and general accounting on an IBM 360/370 Mainframe System.
- Wrote and maintained all reference material, programming manuals, functional specifications, system documentation, and end user manuals.
- Design instructional courseware on new software applications and upgrade patches.
- Wrote and published the book Documentation Procedures for Small Computers .
- Editor of Byte Line magazine a monthly government software informational guide .
- Analyzed information processing and computation needs, developed project plans, and designed computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling, content development strategies, and information architecture and engineering.
- Expanded or modified existing systems to meet current needs, serve new purposes, or improve work and data flow.
- Assisted in developing the first US Air Force LAN. Designed and developed a software security system for TAC and SAC utilization. Specified inputs accessed by the system, and coordinate the distribution and use of the results.
- Assisted in awarding IT contracts
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation. Analyze manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to assist in developing systems to meet staff and user requirements.