- Broad professional experience as both an employee and a contractor in information design, document preparation, human performance analysis, technical communications, instructional design, eLearning design, and instructor-led and virtual training. Design, publish, and maintain user and training guides, knowledge bases, video tutorials, quick reference guides, eLearning courses, learning games and recorded webinars.
- Determine the most effective means, methods, and deliverables for delivering training and user support and then create and publish those deliverables. Create learning events in the Learning Management System LMS . Manage LMS content including publishing, categories, course status, and rosters. Develop documentation, presentations, Quick Reference Guides, video tutorials, and SCORM, AICC, Tin Can eLearning, games, knowledge checks, assessments, and evaluations in support of requirements, new applications, releases, and new user support. Use structured writing/Information Mapping.
- Mentor others on the best methods for creating learning and user performance support materials. Create and maintain SharePoint sites, produce on-line help systems, and on-line testing and survey capabilities.
- Experienced user or administrator of:
- Articulate Storyline, Studio '09, Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker Adobe Audition, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection CS6 several of these tools TechSmith Camtasia Studio 8
- TechSmith Snagit, Adobe Photoshop CS6
- SumTotal, UL ComplianceWire and LearnShare LMSs SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 Professional
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 Professional Plus Microsoft Live Meeting, Adobe Connect Pro Ipswitch WS FTP Pro 12
Training Lead, Learning Technology Consultant, eLearning Designer,
- Support the Training and Communication functions of the Health Care Compliance Privacy team of DePuy Synthes Inc., an operating company of Johnson Johnson.
- Design and create Windows, Mac, iPad, and HTML5 compatible eLearning and instructional-game projects using Articulate Storyline 1. Incorporate layers, triggers, variables, custom navigation, graphics and animation. Test and troubleshoot internal and vendor- created eLearning projects created in Articulate Storyline, Trivantis Lectora, and Adobe Captivate.
- Research and resolve integration and compatibility issues of vendor-provided, and internally-developed AICC and SCORM eLearning packages in learning management systems LearnShare, UL ComplianceWire .
- Wrote eLearning test plan and test script. Integration and user acceptance test courses in multiple operating systems Win XP, 7, 8.1, Mac, iOS, Android , and several versions of the most common browsers IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari . Set up local and virtual machines for testing. Managed and reported testing results. Prepared summary of the test results for the help desk.
- Managed a project to update the corporate Health Care Compliance Privacy Intranet site. Wrote the project charter, request for proposal, requirements, and project plan. Met and worked with development team through implementation and warranty period. Submitted defects. Tested and approved fixes. Created and edited web pages and graphics, set up document libraries, and custom lists. Site uses SharePoint 2007 with custom masterpage and CSS.
- Set up Google Analytics accounts and properties with custom shared dashboards. Incorporated tracking ID in eLearning course files. Set up emailed reports.
- Wrote structured work instruction based upon source materials, SME interviews, and reviews.
Technical Communicator, Instructional Designer, eLearning Designer,
Learning/Performance Technology Consultant
- Analyze performance, learning, training, and documentation needs then design appropriate interventions. Design and build solutions based upon adult learning principles and the Mager ADDIE PADDIEM model Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation, Maintenance , and the Dick and Carey model. Produce user documentation and user training deliverables for systems used by both internal and external customers. Coordinate the scope and timing of documentation and SCORM 1.2 compliant interactive eLearning to support new systems, new functionality, enhancements, and defect fixes. Outline, organize, write, edit, format, publish, and test original user support documentation including:
- eLearning courses, Flash simulations, quizzes, and presentations SharePoint site administration and training
- context-sensitive on-line application help web site / web application help
- User manuals, guides, QRGs, job aids web sites, knowledge bases
- live and recorded webinars bulletins, job aids
- release notes white papers
- newsletter articles, blog posts
- Employ structured writing/Information Mapping templates to write task-oriented procedures. Create help topics, table of contents, indices, tables, image maps, style sheets, graphics, and Flash simulations. Maintain documentation through the system lifecycle. Interview Subject Matter Experts SMEs in order to write scenarios, descriptions, and procedures. Conduct and record online classes and demonstrations.
- Mentor technical communicators, project managers, program directors, system engineers, developers, and trainers concerning the best methods for creating learning and user performance support materials.
- Create Kirkpatrick Level I and Level II course evaluations. Create and run user completion reports.
- Suggest interface usability improvements and point out errors and inconsistencies. Assist with the writing and editing of requirements and white papers. Provide subject matter expertise to other authors who are creating eLearning and user performance support materials.
- Independently resolve complex issues by designing solutions and following through to implementation. Establish documentation style. Coordinate layout, graphic design, and the use of video, audio, graphics, and screen shots. Script, record, and edit video and narration.
- Research and implement the latest tools, technologies and techniques. Promote the adoption of advanced tools and platforms.
Senior Technical Writer, Computer Sciences Corp. Sept. 1996 - Sept. 1998 Researched, drafted, and edited technical guides per program and customer guidelines. Created program style guide. Member of proposal team.