- Over 15 years of experience in mortgage banking and financing
- Good understanding of principles, practices and regulations applicable to financial lending.
- Knowledge of unique property vesting.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance, investor products, mortgage insurance and underwriting guidelines.
- Well organized and efficient working in a multi - tasking dynamic environment.
- Seek and find solutions to challenges-exceptionally positive attitude.
- Proficient in working with multiple mortgage LOS systems.
- Reviewed and analyzed all loan files including credit report, income documents, rental information, and assets.
- Fluent in Spanish and English languages.
Loan Processor/Jr. Underwriter
- I have to conduct daily review and follow-up with customers, loan officers, MI companies, appraisers’ realtors, title companies, etc.., regarding outstanding items and gather necessary documentation as needed.
- I have to review and evaluate information on mortgage loan documents to determine if borrower, property, and loan conditions meet company and government standards to ensure that loan rules obligations, and deadlines are met
- Audit and prepare quality files that meet closing objectives
- Working with Loan Officer if program parameters are not met prior to submission and approval.
- I use detailed knowledge of CONV/FHA/VA/USDA/JUMBO/HELOCS guidelines to examine and analyze loan documentation for accuracy and completeness and spreads financial statements in preparation for detailed analysis to make decision regarding the borrower’s capacity to repay the loan
- Underwrote all files by clearing conditions from A-Z, approving, and sending out Finance Agreements to help complete the application process for funding clearance.
- Reviewed and evaluated borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation (including complex business and personal tax returns), credit reports, title report and valuation expectations.
- Made sure the applications met investor guidelines and supported values to ensure loan decisions meet all program and product specifications .
- Proactively managed assigned pipeline and met all company work goals for productivity, quality and turnaround time.
- Kept up to date on all Underwriting policy changes that impacted underwriting procedures.
- Resolved difficult and challenging problems by identifying potential or innovative solutions, determining PACE guideline deficiencies within review and communicated findings with clarity.
- Assisted management in the review of audits performed by internal/external auditors with respect to Underwriting guideline requirements for final financing agreements and work within district requirements to finalize project and financing.
- Acted as a resource to Regional Account Managers, Processors and piers on eligibility requests, to identify qualifying borrowers and improve acquaintance with our contractors/customers and sales.
- Coordinated with final funding department and prepared files and transactions for orderly completion.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
Loss Mitigation Fulfillment Coordinator- MHA Jr Underwriter
- Reviewed and evaluated on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet company and investor standards. Also evaluated acceptability of loan to our investors to confirm eligibility.
- Analyzed Modification submission documents for accuracy and completeness including any disclosures and other credit related documents.
- Input/update all loan data into all systems currently used for the evaluation of loans.
- Requested missing documents and/or information.
- Responsible to request any missing documents letters and able to identify missing items which will constitute a complete file.
- Organized my workload to ensure daily goals were met within the 8 hours established by BLS.
- Maintained a strong knowledge of HAMP, HAUP, HAFA and alternative programs currently offered.
- Word with Modification and Senior Management to ensure compliance with BLS, HAMP and investor requirements.
IT Level II Support-Loan Processor-Applications Support
- Provided technical support for the loan origination system used by loan officers, underwriters, closers, funders and anyone involved with Destiny.
- We also worked with Citrix based programs such as Track it, Destiny test environments, etc.
- Processed and estimate of 15 to 20 loans as per require for this position.
- My duties also included Quality Analyst to test Destiny based documents, fees, and either passed or failed them and assigned the work order back to the programmer. I also tested current fees for all of our Branches prior to them going out to the production environment to ensure that the fees were accurately updated in Destiny Pre-release.
- Responsible for running the HMDA report every month to report to upper management.
- I was also responsible for testing, recreating and escalating any reported glitches in Destiny Production Software system.