- Highly motivated and creative professional receives accolades from clients, peers, and supervisors, reflecting a genuine commitment to meeting company goals and objectives, the proven ability to produce and edit quality writing, and a penchant for perfection, focus, and follow - through as a writer and leader.
- Detail-oriented Lead Medical Technical Writer with strong experience in writing, reviewing, editing, formatting, revising and standardizing various types of technical documents possesses strong experience in a regulatory environment, thereby certifying adherence to various compliance standards.
- Lead a team of three medical technical writers on the Medicare Advantage Team.
- Directed labors to overhaul systemic progress by suggesting and implementing several substantive process changes.
- Largely contributed to the team’s ability to raise the compliance percentage from 83% to 99% overall.
- Regularly created and explained presentations at departmental meetings with an interdisciplinary team to improve daily operations and ensure the highest quality for clients.
- Collaborated closely with another medical technical writers, care managers, point reviewers, doctors, and compliance to ensure quality, consistency, and timeliness.
- Confirmed all clinical rationale letters were under the ninth grade reading level to ensure readability and accessibility.
- Edited commercial clinical rationale templates for grammar, syntax, diction, formatting, spacing, and overall readability to communicate important information about denied insurance claims in accordance with CMS and professional standards.
- Confirmed that all clinical rationale letters were under the ninth-grade reading level to ensure readability and accessibility.
- Created, updated, and used macros in Microsoft Word to ensure consistency and uniformity for all clinical rationale letters, templates, emails, and other assignments.
- Consulted 4UM software to determine whether errors were made earlier in the letter-drafting process; these errors were communicated along with solutions and instructions to medical directors.
- Participated in specialty group to compile issues with the 4UM software that were ultimately addressed by the developers.
- Worked with other technical writers and subject matters experts to determine how technical writing would enhance the organization; regularly updated comprehensive and detailed procedure documentation as the process evolved and changed over time.
- Spearheaded efforts to streamline and document business processes by writing, revising, and cataloging internal technical documents that detailed a diverse assortment of daily corporate functions and procedures at various levels of frequency.
- Created various technical manuals that instructed users how to navigate websites, utilize software, troubleshoot applications, and follow administrative procedures in an effective and systematic manner.
- Wrote and updated training materials for IT and other technical personnel per established company standards with respect to order, style, and terminology; these materials oftentimes took the form of brochures for easy access and dissemination.
- Composed and edited end-user documentation, such as online procedures, assembly instructions, and how-to manuals.
- Wrote and maintained user documentation, technical documentation, and help files for company and clients.
- Developed cataloging systems and maintains records, files, electronic media, and archiving of information for publications for company references.
- Edited, standardized, or revised material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Reviewed publications and recommended revisions in approach, scope, format, test, and methods of production.
- Consulted with technical team leads and subject matter experts to ensure common understanding of reports, proposals, and related materials to be produced.
- Assisted with maintenance of the HMS Surveyor Writing Guide and audited chosen samples of deficiencies to determine rates of compliance with HMS guidance and identify areas in need of improvement.
- Remained current on new developments in technical writing, editing, and publishing, including technological enhancements that may have affected the company.