- Writing copy for print and online delivery;
- Developing training, help, technical, and SEO - friendly content; Providing requested levels of edit - light copyediting to substantive editing;
- Developing and maintaining editorial standards, style guides, and templates; Assessing the current state of content organization and recommending strategies for improvement; and Working with Agile/Scrum teams.
- I also have experience as a Training Developer and Classroom/Online Instructor.
- Microsoft: Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Visio; SharePoint
- Adobe: Acrobat Pro; FrameMaker; Photoshop
- Google Apps: Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- HTML/Text Editors (e.g., Adobe Dreamweaver, Notepad+, TextMate)
- Techsmith SnagIt
- Drupal CMS
Senior Web Writer-Editor
- Working with a Web editorial team, I consolidated new and migrated content on the Confidential website;
- Wrote and edited Web copy; and served as lead on a Section 508 remediation project for 1200 pages of PDF content.
- As a contractor to the Department of Veterans Affairs, I worked with multidisciplinary Agile teams on the Enterprise Veterans Self-Service (EVSS) project, which focused on developing and enhancing features on Confidential . The primary goal was to enable veterans to apply for and manage benefits online.
- I participated in design discussions; developed and maintained tone of voice and editorial guidelines; contributed topics and resource pages to a Confluence wiki knowledge base; and developed MS Word templates for various deliverables.
- Outside of the EVSS project, I blogged on a company SharePoint site and provided part-time writing and editing support for conceptual Web pages, email blasts, brochures, infographic text, and research reports.
- I served as the first managing editor of Confidential, a joint initiative of the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense.
- The website supported veterans' benefits and services.
- I gathered content requirements; maintained an editorial calendar; worked with stakeholders to meet publishing deadlines; worked with our Art Director on brochure and poster campaigns; developed and maintained editorial standards; updated content; maintained user guides for internal systems; and monitored content quality and feedback.
Web and Technical Writer-Editor
- I provided technical writing and editing support for medical terminology databases and online thesauri used by the Enterprise Vocabulary Services Group (ontologists and software developers); developed and delivered content specifications, user guides, administrator guides, API guides, release notes, online help, and training materials; coordinated training sessions for an Enterprise Architecture rollout; developed documentation templates for Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, and MadCap Flare; and developed and maintained knowledge base topics on MediaWiki and Confluence.
- I taught the official training curriculum (online and classroom) for users of MadCap Flare, a single-source publishing system for writers and trainers.
- I gathered requirements for an internal online knowledge base used by the General Services Department (GSD) to serve World Bank staff; completed a content inventory to identify current site structure and assets; worked with the General Services team to develop a business classification taxonomy; tracked support tickets; served as a writing coach and editor for business units tasked with writing online help content; and monitored content quality.
- I developed and maintained a documentation library for the company's flagship product, Clinical Workstation; participated in product design sessions to provide feedback on design and usability; and developed and maintained a user guide, administrator guide, release notes, and online help for the product.