Senior technical writer and editor with 25 years’ experience in all aspects of documentation,, and SDLC, including requirements analysis, definition, testing, and help desk support. Air Force veteran and experienced business traveler familiar with health care, forensic science, medical device manufacturing, law enforcement, national intelligence, CAD, and linguistics; communicates effectively with audiences from end - users to project stakeholders and executives. Speaks and reads French; speaks Persian Farsi. Professional, motivated, creative team player with outstanding written, oral and presentation skills.
Confidential, Sparks, MD
- Promoted from contractor to full time employee.
- Writes, edits and proofs all customer-facing documentation, including medical device user guides, product inserts, and online help systems.
- Receives translated materials, then edits and proofs documents in 16 foreign languages.
- Frame Maker; MadCap Flare; MS Office Suite; SharePoint.
- Edited user manuals, service bulletins, and technical documents for clarity and conformity with corporate standards.
- Converted legacy MS Word documents to single source platform for publishing to PDF and Web-based output.
- Created documents and online digital content used by trainers, engineers, and subject matter experts across 30 diagnostic instrument systems.
- Developed standards and tools (e.g., templates and formatting themes) used throughout the department standardize and elevate the quality of published products.
- Maintained digital and printed library of Technical Service Bulletins in compliance with FDA requirements.
- MadCap Flare; MS Office Suite; Camtasia; SharePoint.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Senior Trainer / Service Manager
- Developed courses, user guides, and online resources for the Forensic Sciences Laboratory Information Management System; conducted to supervisors, chemists, latent print specialists, digital forensic analysts, and Forensic Trainers at the Confidential in Quantico.
- Managed tier 2 LIMS help desk in support of 400+ users throughout the US; produced report deliverables on support activities; teamed with software developers and Subject Matter Experts on requirements analysis and QA testing. MS Office Suite; StarLIMS (Abbott Corporation’s proprietary LIMS product).
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Deputy Program Manager / Senior Trainer
- Analyzed, defined and documented project requirements, scope, system and business processes; interviewed executive stake-holders; produced Privacy Impact Assessments to DOJ standards; tested and conducted quality control on 800+ electronic forms for conversion to new platform; supported project manager in planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing routine and complex projects from request for proposal through development, test and final delivery.
- Developed and conducted classes on secure document system; 1000+ students in classes up to 50 students in cities throughout the US. MS Office Suite.
Documentation Specialist / Analyst
- Responsible for all project end-user documents including user guides, Web-based context-sensitive online help systems and videos; developed and ensured others complied with documentation standards; collaborated with client stakeholders and subject matter experts in all aspects of requirements analysis, interface design, testing and production rollouts.
- MadCap Flare; Camtasia; MS Office Suite; SharePoint.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Technical Writer / Analyst
- Teamed with writers, analysts, developers, DB specialists, and client on a range of Oracle backend applications; produced document deliverables including functional requirements and system design documents, test and implementation plans, user guides, on-line help systems and release notes; tracked trouble tickets, enhancement requests and MS Project tasks; acted for manager in his absence. MS Office Suite
System Administrator/QA Analyst
- Supported application development teams with full life cycle file management and compliance with CMMI/2 standards; assisted PVCS Administrator and acted in her absence; formulated system scope and objectives prepared monthly client production reports using SQL scripts and Crystal Reports; troubleshot tier-three user calls for a variety of client-specific applications.
Senior and Documentation Specialist
- Worked in team of Web developers in production of CBT and Web-based ; developed user manuals and conducted for client-specific applications; planned, tested, and documented software releases. Dreamweaver; Camtasia; MS Office Suite