- Experienced in all aspects of technical writing - online help development, end user guides, developer guides, standard operating procedures, editing,
- Documentation project management, information architecture, requirements gathering, and documentation analysis.
- Experienced authoring in an XML/Structured environment.
- Estimating project hours and creating the project plan.
- Creating the Document Analysis, which instructed the writers the content that needed to be added, removed, or revised in the documentation deliverables.
- Holding weekly status meetings (or more as needed) with the writing team to ensure projects were progressing on schedule, address any issues, and pass along any project-related information.
- Reporting weekly status to the overall project Release Manager.
- Attending weekly release project status meetings with the leaders of the other project groups (development, architecture, business analysts, testing, and sales).
- Assisting the other writers with various project-related tasks - researching, writing, coaching, facilitating interaction and obtaining information from the Subject Matter Experts.
- Editing the work of others.
- Ensuring that all the deliverables were posted to the Client Support Website and checking to make sure all links were working properly and all deliverables opened successfully.
- Providing feedback of other writers’ performance to my Manager to use for his annual review for them. In addition to my team lead duties, for each release me had my own set of writing responsibilities, including:
- End-user guides (Overview, Concepts) and online help
- System Administration guides (Installation, Upgrade, Security, Configuration, Administration & Maintenance, Localization) guides, which were used internally by the Professional Services group for installing and maintaining the software
- Software Development Kit (SDK), to be used by clients for customization of the software
- API, system processes, and system parameters documentation.
- Senior consultant in the user experience group, providing technical writing, content strategy, and information architect consulting to Fortune 500 and other firms.
Technical writer consulting
- Lead technical writer assigned to an ISO 9000 registration project. Responsible for documenting the necessary requirements for ISO 9000 by using Visio to create business process models and tan converting a modified version of that into an online version to be used by the company’s employees.
- Interviewed employees extensively and also researched information on my own to gather the necessary requirements. Responsible for the design and layout of both the hard copy and the online version of the ISO 9000 documents. Created and updated forms, and created materials pertaining to procedure writing, flow charting, and using the online system.
- Edited documents for grammar, punctuation, style, and verification that the content met the ISO 9000 requirements. Converted Word documents and scanned hard copy ISO-related documents into PDF format using Adobe Acrobat Distiller and created an online hypertext version of the documentation.
- Single Source Publishing
- Microsoft Office
- Structured Authoring
- Online and web-based help
- Arbortext Epic
- Adobe Acrobat
- Project Management
- Requirements Gathering
- Information Mapping
- Business Analyst and Business Process Modeling