- Proactive, performance - driven professional wif progressive expertise in project leadership and problem solving for banking & financial services, and telecommunication service. Keen understanding of business priorities, genuine team player committed to managing projects & operations flawlessly while contributing to revenue-producing activities in matrix PMO. Cross-functional communicator easily interfaces wif high-profile staff, vendors, and customers. Versatile, innovative, and loyal management professional able to see the “big picture” while staying on top of all the details. Recognized for consistent success in developing the processes and procedures to streamline operations and enhance revenue performance.
- Twenty years of diverse background wif 8 years in managing projects from PMO. Previous 12 years’ experience working as technical contributor for large scale enterprise application development and design.
- IT consultant providing program and project management over large-scale, top-priority and complex technology initiatives, managed budgets up to $10M, and cross-functional teams of more TEMPthan 30 team members wif varied experiences and specialties.
- Managed high-volume software application development and enterprise wide implementation projects for Canada's top financial and telecom clients. Managed delivery of cloud migration projects for critical applications for Capgemini’s financial clients wif special focus on IT security.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional and global projects end-to-end, creating project charter, business case for program approval, from project creation and allocation, to closure/sustenance of technology projects.
- Strong ability to work autonomously, manage large workload and deal wif ambiguity, monitor and control project constraints, identify and analyze project risk, create risk response strategy by collaborating TEMPeffectively wif various stakeholders to deliver projects on time and wifin budgets.
- Strong blend of technical skills, cyber security/ information assurance knowledge and strong communication skills in developing senior executive presentations and communications from scratch, building and maintain relationships wif internal stakeholders, implementers, and customers.
- Experienced in representing the Technology Division, its projects and mission at operating level staff meetings and other organizational events to better align and improve processes and best practices where possible wif peer project managers across the Technology Division, promoting synchronous delivery following SAFe.
- Budgeting and Forecasting,
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Service Delivery
- Technical - Google Cloud Platform, Java/Spring Boot, micro services, DevOps
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Project Manager Expert/DevOps-SAFe Coach
- Managing multiple application development and integrations projects for their scope, cost, schedule, risks following SAFe for Confidential .
- DevOps, CICD pipeline platform development and enhancement.
- Manage technical deliverables for developing an enterprise CICD platform wif Git, Jenkins, etc. tools that can be leveraged by application development and QA teams wif automated test integration for SAST, DAST and security vulnerability checks.
- Manage multiple projects for various Capgemini clients to help track and prioritize the tasks wif engineers, QA and other stakeholders to meet projects release cadence.
- Create RFI and prepare RFP response for multiple client initiatives.
- Prepare project plans from multiple sources to create a cohesive plan wif identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones.
- Create applicable KPI definition, metrics, perform trend analysis on project constraints to drive action based on results.
- Build high performance development and engineering support teams from scratch to the level of self-sustenance through regular mentoring, monitoring and guiding on the detail technical implementations and designs.
- Backlog creation/grooming/prioritization, assign responsibilities, setting milestones, and monitors and summarizes progress of project/program. Experienced wif SAFe.
- Preparing reports for senior management regarding status of projects/programs through metrics, design dashboard using various tools for measurement, tracking, and trend analysis.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation plans and refine release and testing process, including security compliance based on industry standards - PCI, NIST, and SOX.
- Develop requirements and evaluate competing application and development solutions objectively and manage system events and outages TEMPeffectively through resolution by collaborative engagement of cross functional teams.
- Manage communication of progress/status wifin the core team and wif our stakeholders via weekly / monthly system status updates. Proactively identify project bottlenecks through daily Agile/Scrum meetings and creation of burn-out charts.
- Successfully drive implementation of strategic initiatives for Cloud migration strategy of legacy applications and integrating security principles to DevOps/ (DevSecOps - NIST/SANS/OWASP) for Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery pipeline collaborating and leading cross-functional teams in a hands-on manner, diagnosing complex issues on the various platforms, and playing a leading role in software / platform /application architectural evolution.
- Coach delivery teams in transitioning from a Waterfall SDLC to Agile sprint methodology for faster delivery turnaround wif smaller iterative sprints constantly promoting improvement in professional skills of the teams.
- Builds, configures, documents and maintains the DevOps frameworks, tools, and systems that enable optimal performance of the business’s sites/software by automating repetitive tasks, leading the design and implementation of real-time monitoring systems, automated test integration ensuring the highest levels of security and responding swiftly to any new and emerging vulnerabilities and security threats.
- Technical Environment Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Java, JEE, Spring Boot, Spring Framework, microservices event driven architecture, DevOps / CICD - Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, maven, security tools (SAST/DAST/Penetration Test) mentioned above for integrating wif CICD pipeline.
- Duties include but not restricted to the followings -
- Defines, monitors, executes, and controls assigned projects through the project development life cycle from
- Manages scope for 2 - 3 assigned projects including the execution of successful change management processes, of total yearly CAPEX budget of $10M
- Performs all or part of project coordination services as determined by project staffing and project size.
- Documents and completes all project management deliverables required by the project.
- Conforms to and advocates project management standards processes and procedures in accordance wif the project life cycle methodology on assigned projects.
- Facilitates the procurement of needed Hardware, Software and Human resources for the project.
- Manages project cost as determined by project charter and/or development methodology.
- Works wif project owners, stakeholders and QA personnel to manage project quality.
- Facilitates project communications at all levels for all project logistics.
- Coordinates, manages and facilitates the staffing of resources for the project including contracted resources.
- Tracks, reports and resolves issues, proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective actions when necessary and implements risk response plans to manage risk.
- Supports the growth, development and goals of the IT and IT-PMO through various leadership and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work wif assigned program or project manager as needed to complete project deliverables.
- Supervise, motivate and mentor assistant project Managers, and/or project coordinators as assigned. Program Management
- Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of company programs.
- Aids in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
- Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules providing Program governance.
- Communicates Program Scorecard and Status to key stakeholders.
- Develops solutions to program problems and directs work of all Projects assigned to the program.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and wifin budget.
- Performs integration management services for program issues, risks and deliverables.
- TEMPEffectively apply project planning methodology and enforce project standards in rigorous daily / weekly / monthly execution rhythms, use templates and diligently manage information.
Project Portfolio Management
- Facilitate project teams - onsite/offshore delivery model, track budget ~ $8 million
- Setup and develop a self-sustaining development team at offshore wif deep focus on quality delivery.
- Manage the Risk, Scope, Cost, Schedule and Quality.
- Establish and manage project governance and processes.
- Work wif stakeholders to clarify requirements and expectations.
- Lead the project team, coordinate project team activities and work sessions.
- Conduct weekly status meetings wif stakeholders and presentation to senior management.
- Manage resources and allocations on the project throughout the project life cycle.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Estimate cost for work packages and determine budgets, allocate reserves for contingencies.
- Implemented automated applications performance monitoring in production environment resulting in
- Faster incident triaging and reduced application downtime.
- TEMPEffective utilization of team ‘s effort due to reduced handling of Severity 1 & 2 incidents by 75%
- Provide project leadership inclusive of gathering business requirements, scope definition for Citibank’s capital market project.
- Resource planning, to setup a highly efficient, result oriented team for schedule intensive, critical projects.
- Coordinate team efforts to create detail requirements documents, work break down structure, activity sequence.
- Estimate cost for work packages and determine budgets, allocate reserves for contingencies.
- Determine schedule following iterative approach in terms of delivery and testing.
- Plan for risks management; determine strategies and contingencies using expert judgements.
- Monitor and control project plan to be wifin the constraints' limits.
- Manage resources across multiple geographies, scope of work, schedule, budget up to $4 M.
Confidential, San Jose USA
- Design custom pluggable framework components for Cisco’s Network Management System products.
- Contribute to high level and low-level design documents and functional specifications for middle tier and UI components using leading technology stacks of time (GWT, Ajax/dojo, EJB, spring, JPA/Hibernate).
- Design object models for network applications and participate and present design models and service contract definitions (SOA/ JAX-WS) to broader framework architecture team and application users.
- Follow Model Driven Architecture and Design and contribute to a top down approach for frameworks developed from scratch.
- Implemented Fault Manager that serviced high volume of network faults that were rendered in a multi-threaded UI environment. The framework used JMS 1.1 wif JBoss MQ as JMS provider while browser based front-end component framework was designed wif Ajax and reverse-Ajax (server push model).
- Report framework was designed as a pluggable, distributed architecture where framework provided the report‘s rendering capability using Jasper Reports library. The application plugins were designed to be responsible for capturing reporting data that varied based on applications; performance reports, inventory reports, etc. The core framework was built using EJB 3.0 and a custom registry using XML for applications to provide plugin meta-data. The framework provided a service interface by which the applications will plugin to the Report Framework.
- Implemented portal and portlet (JSR 168/286) development, personalization using Liferay portal server technologies.