- Senior - level technical communicator with experience in the information technology and Engineering service industry.
- A certified Professional Technical Writer from Ohio University and Certified Scrum Master.
- I have advanced knowledge of structured authoring, XML, CSS, DITA, S1000D, component content management systems, requirement analysis, Minimalism, API Writing, Agile methodologies, domain specific technical and language regulatory standards.
- Coupled with practical experience as a technical writer I can help organizations seeking to improve their processes.
- User communication development for Software and Hardware projects
- Develop topic-based single-source DITA XML documentation using Oxygen XML Editor and Astoria CCMS.
- Maintain legacy documentation as in Doc Book, Frame Maker and Arbortext Editor
- Participate in process of converting legacy documentation to XML as applicable.
- Test user interface for consistency, simplified workflow, and internationalization.
- Follow the principles of Minimalist Documentation to create concise customer-facing technical content - Operators, Service, Installation manuals.
- Participate in Scrum and review meetings
- Work closely with Lead Information Integrators and Engineers for content development.
- Work on tasks after feedback from Engineers.
Documentation Specialist / Business Analyst
- Support multiple projects related to Information Security, Network and Storage projects for Confidential (Insurance).
- Handle all documentation needs to support PMO team and work with teams to align with Organization Goals and Product Strategy.
- Handle central coordination, communication and status tracking on projects.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and document Requirements and Charters
- Plan and develop project documents as per priority.
- Handle backlog building sessions - epics/themes and stories with done definitions specified.
- Build content for standard processes as per customer needs through constant requests for feedback in iterative development environment.
- Focus on Project Risk, Issue and Dependency Management - facilitate identification sessions, and document the risks and risk mitigation plan. Monitor and ensure status updates.
- Consolidate and document all learnings on projects for quick reference to teams
Lead - Technical Writer
- Handled a team of 35 technical writers to develop Operators, User Manuals, Electrical manuals, Assembly/Instructions and e-Learning packages.
- Requirement study, effort estimate, proposals, project communication plan, Project development plan, change management plan, systems & security protocol, project management reports on utilization, work schedule, quality management plan, process improvements and revenue.
- Adhered to regulatory/ compliance related standards on projects. Trained and regular awareness sessions to teams.
- The content developed underwent user experience and feedback. The content was used by floor mechanics and every detail of their user experience incorporated in the content.
- Attended workshop in S. Korea to receive feedback from end customers on usability and finalized on style guides, technical word usage and content mapping.
- Supported teams on Style guides, language standards and template creation as per requisite domain standards.
- Content development with support of SMEs for different technical manuals like operation, maintenance, trouble-shoot, installation and user manuals.
- Created Risk mitigation plan, resource plan, backup plan, budget plans, training plan, implementation plan and final support/implementation plan.
- Participated in scrum meetings, contribute to user stories, product backlog, etc.
Lead - Technical Writer
- Supported multiple Technical Writing projects for Phillips, Tele Atlas, Bombardier Transportation (USA), Pratt & Whitney (USA & Canada) and TomTom.
- Leverage of capability, best practices and skilled resources across the organization. Organize and imparted trainings as per skills required.
- Developed and designed quality process tool for technical manuals creation.
- The accepted process incorporated strict adherence to industry standards. Automated tools were developed to check the requisite standards in quality checks. (Verifier Tools).
- Also worked with clients on upgrading to higher quality certifications.
- As per the metrics in the production tool, identify the knowledge gaps and critical paths in Document Development Life Cycle and formulate the training plan.
- Workshops Attended:
- Workshops conducted by Terex and PTC in UK on DITA, Style Sheets, translation and use of Acrolinx (translation)
- Workshop organized by Hyundai Rotem in S. Korea with end customer from US Denver Transit Partners - on feedback received, style guide, word list for language consistency as per American English.
- Develop content for software applications pertaining to Supply Chain Management
- Develop software documentation in Agile “Scrum” teams
- Develop content for manuals from scratch (developers inputs, user stories, scrum backlogs, iterations etc.)
- Handle coordination and training on outsourced projects
- Responsible for general corporate communication
- Worked as Technical Writer in Kohler Co for Technical Publications Department, Wisconsin, USA.
- Requirement study, analysis, inputs gathering, project estimate, scheduling, coordinating with offshore team & training. Content development in Epic Editor (XML).
- Assign tasks to writers, track progress and report progress to management.
- Route projects from Beginning to End on Contenta, Content Management System used by customer, Kohler Co. Sheboygan, WI, USA
- Verification of documents in SAP for revision control, SKU links, for change update of information into SAP.
- Coordination for translation into 20 languages of technical content.