A position in Technical or Administration Support requiring innovative, challenging employment that will utilize my education and strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills.
07/07 to Present Confidential Network Technician
- Provide in-house networking infrastructure and user support for various administrative software packages.
- Conducting research and development for the production of new customized systems for specialized customer
- Providing hardware/software troubleshooting and technical support for customer problems that are not already resolved by pre-emptive measures that System Engineers design and deploy.
- Troubleshoot networking and software problems prior to and during project deployment.
- Monitor service call database to ensure that all service calls are addressed within required timeline.
- Maintain and keeping current a broad knowledge and understanding of operating systems, applications, networking
- Ensure all servers are backed up regularly, all backups are properly archived, and all backup procedures are well documented
- Manage all servers in Active Directory environment, ensuring that each server has maximum uptime
- Troubleshoots problems with servers, networks, web services, mail services, and applications
- Provide server, desktop, network, hardware and software support to several locations both hands on and remotely
- Provide technical and administrative support for the networks, using a variety of operating systems and a variety of application software
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and testing of networks and associated hardware and software
- Acts as principle point of contact for monitoring worldwide systems and works directly with customers and support staff to resolve problems in the timeframes specified by Service Level Agreements
06/04 to 07/07 Confidential Washington D.C Sr.HelpDesk/Remote Assistance
- Ensure the highest levels ofcustomer satisfaction by a commitment to timely resolution of all requestsfor client support.
- Maintain and update hardwareand software inventory database to track warranty and license information.
- Responsible for laptopconfiguration, deployment, and inventory
- Provide knowledgeable andcreative solutions to technical user problems of a moderate to complexnature to ensure user satisfaction and productivity.
- Research, resolve, andrespond to questions received via telephone calls, callbacks, orescalations, and provide support in accordance with current standards.
- Install, configure, andtroubleshoot desktop hardware and software according to departmentstandards and procedures.
- Install, configure, andimplement telephony equipment including digital and IP phones.
- Provide inventory managementas required for individual site stock hardware for the IT Services Teamincluding toner, computers and monitors.
- Acquire and maintainknowledge of current support products and policies and methods of supportdelivery across product groups, in order to provide technically accuratesolutions to users.
- . Assist with video conferencingsetup/testing/support
- Assist in setting up trainingworkshops.
- Develop and provide technicalcoaching and mentoring to other client support analysts and corporateemployees.
- Participate in and/orcoordinate team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency ofsupport.
- Act as product liaison andwork with other departments and or third party vendors to solve technicalissues as needed.
- Recommend, support andcommunicate user/technical service policies for products supported byClient Support.
- Use and maintain the ClientSupport call-tracking database in a technically proficient manner byrecording all calls thoroughly and completely.
- Translate technical termsinto non-technical language for Client.
- Image and maintain a stock of imaged PC'sfor deployment by technicians as and when needed.
- Prepare internal and externaldocumentation as necessary.
- Monitor trends within thecall tracking system and prepare reports as required.
- Regularly exercise advancedlevels of critical thinking, reasoning, deduction, inference and theability to draw accurate conclusions.
- Fixed broken computer partssuch as hard drive, CD rom, floppy drive, partition of hard drive, fixedPrinter and changed Toner, also change power supplies in computer.
- Configuration of new computerand user profiles.
- Create Zen works applicationobjects and configure it for deliver to user
- Assemble and Install ofcomputer parts and peripherals
- Through knowledge of Ms Office(Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Installing and supportingMicrosoft office 2003
- Demonstrate the ability tolearn multiple and custom applications quickly and apply that knowledgefor the client.
- Installed and configured Novell 6.5 and NDPS printer
06/03 to 05/04 Confidential Washington D.C Help Desk/Desktop Analyst
- Provided Desktop and LAN support for 10 Interstate regions, 20 Interstate File Servers, and about 3700 users.
- Responsible for optimizing and configuring various platforms, such as desktops and laptops (Hewlett Packard Dell).
- Accountable for the support and administration of Windows 2000, Windows XP, WinNT 4.0, Novell (Netware 5.1), Win98/95.
- Configured protocols (TCP/IP, NWLink Net Bios, NWLink IPX/ SPX) to ensure network connectivity.
- Responsible for assigning users to different network resources, such as: printers, files and folders through Netware Administrator, or NDS.
- Utilized Remote Access utilities (SMS Citric/ Win frame/ Met Frame) to help resolve VPN clients.
- Help Administer Fannie Maes Lotus Notes Domino Directories through the Domino Administrator, and support the various Notes clients.
- Provided software support with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Maintain printer support for all HP printers, such as hardware printer maintenance, or network configuration.
- Responsible for providing software support, and evaluating the interaction of certain applications with existing systems.
- Utilized Vantice Trouble ticketing system to document or escalate issues. Used to also track maintenance schedules for computer hardware or software.
- Assisted end-users with drive mappings, and setting up printer queues.
- Responsible for installing hardware such as: palm pilots, scanners, PCMIA cards, local and network printers, etc
02/02 to 6/03 Confidential Bowie MD Bowie State University Workstation Field Support Engineer
- Provide desktop and network support to around 1,000 local users, and 5,000 users that are in remote regions.
- Perform hardware repairs on multiple platforms such as Dell, IBM, and HP.
- Ensure that infrastructure problems are resolved in a timely manner, such as network connectivity issues, printer problems, and desktop errors.
- Provide support for 200+ Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Novell servers.
- Help support multiple clients upon different network environments, such as Novell Client 4.83 and Windows 98, NT, 2000, and XP through the use of Netware Admin (Novell), and Active Directory (Microsoft).
- Responsible for performing data transfers when needed, and maintaining system backups with the use of Ghost 7.5
- Utilized Win VPN and Remote Assistance (Win XP) as our desktop remote control tool.
- Help support email issues on Lotus Notes MS Outlook.
- Assist with contributing valuable insight into the AMS Knowledge base.
- Ensure that each workstation that is on the LAN, are running the most updated software, pertaining to McAfee Virus Scan.
- Responsible for the analysis, support, and the implementation of pc applications.
- Provide application support for MS Office 2000, MS Project, Visio, Photoshop, Oracle 8.1, etc
- Provide Remote Access support for telecommuters who dial-up, or access the corporate network via DSL, or cable modem.
- Support the Executive staffs wireless devices, such as Palm Pilots, Pocket PCs, and Blackberries. Also, administered their Blackberry accounts from the Blackberry server.
- Responsible for updating the AMS asset database, when making asset purchases, or keeping up with the asset inventories
6/00- 01/02 Confidential Washington D.C Desktop /Network Technician Installed IBM and Compaq notebooks and desktops to the LAN/WAN and configured all software to meet user specifications and site standards under an NT and Novell environment.
- Configured about 500 new users to have access to connect onto the network, and use network resources.
- Setup of email accounts, and changed user profiles with Lotus Notes 4.5.6 MS Outlook
- Answered inquiries and helped troubleshoot hardware or software issues, and solved problems logged by systems and Bank of America Personnel.
- Imaged workstations with the use of Ghost.
- Responsible for converting a user coming from a Token-Ring environment, to log onto an Ethernet environment.
- Responsible for the configuration of various protocols, such as: TCP/IP, and IPX/SPX for Novell NetWare.
- Installed, monitored, upgraded and configured network file server software and hardware, network based software applications, communication servers, and hubs.
- Installed about 20 PCs per day and loading them with various operating systems (Win95/ NT/2000).
- Responsible for the fabrication of network cables (Cat5).
- Responsible for troubleshooting network printers and other network media.
- Communicated with Administrators through Remedy and other ticketing system to analyze system performance and smooth operation of /NT File/Print Sharing Servers, networks and systems.
5/98-5/00 Confidential Computer Break and Fix Technician
- Repairedbroken computers that were returned to store for repair andmaintenance
- Responsiblefor the installation of computers and services
- Replacementof memory , IDE cables , Hard drive, and Floppy drive
- Responsible for the installation of software suchas Microsoft office and Anti virus software.
Education, Training and Certifications Obtained:
Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, A+, NET+
Training: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, 2000 Server, Network Infrastructure, Active Directory Services, Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment Microsoft Windows 2000 Design Security Microsoft Windows 2000 Design Infrastructure Technical Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of desktop hardware and software. Knowledge of Windows OS. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word and Power point presentations) Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge. Microsoft outlook and GroupWise
Education B.Sc. Information Science A.A.S Network Information System