SENIOR MANAGER/ PROJECT MANAGER / ITSM ENGINEER Proven Technical Management Expertise in a Career Spanning 20+ years
Well-organized, process driven and results-oriented change agent focused on achieving bottom-line results while formulating and implementing advanced technology and business solutions to meet a diversity of needs. Solid record of successful coaching/mentoring and delivering projects on time and under budget. Exceptional communicator with a focus on building strong customer internal and external relationships. Highly skilled and knowledgeable on all aspects of the SDLC, PMI, ITIL, HDI, 6-Sigma and eCommerce methodologies.
TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS STRATEGY - BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT COST CONTROL MARKET ANALYSIS IT GOVERNANCE (ITSM, COBIT) REGULATORY COMPLIANCE (HIPAA, SOX, PCI)
Confidential, Potomac, MD 2010- Present
Total Wine More is the largest independent fine wine retailer in the country (over $1Billion in revenue) and is the only major fine wine
company to operate in multiple states.
Senior Operations Manager
Reporting to the Vice-President of Operations, team with business partners to champion and administer technology, process improvements and
service delivery that affect Retail Operations and Support. Partner with senior-level executives in defining Operations strategy and vision for
80 stores nationwide. Additional responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and mentor a team of Business Analysts supporting new business initiatives (RFID, eCommerce, Inventory/Asset Management, Business Process Improvement, Customer Care, Service Continuity).
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for new Customer Contact eCommerce Center initiative in support of new corporate website and customer experience model utilizing new technologies including cloud-based solutions, ITSM/ITIL best practices and social media integration.
- Develop and implement new roles and responsibilities for those store functions that fall under retail operations. Partner with Human Resources to develop new objectives for roles (i.e., Fulfillment Center Manager, eCommerce Customer Experience Manager).
Confidential, Baltimore, MD 2009 -2010
Confidential is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. (Contract Position)
Confidential- Service Desk Manager/ Technical Proposal Writer Government Contracts
Recruited to manage a Federal Government agencys 24x7x365 service desk serving a geographically dispersed user community. Accountable for personnel management, OLA/SLA compliance and initiating, deploying and training of staff on Confidential best practices, service desk metrics, and optimizing staffing levels. Additional responsibilities:
- RFP, Technical Proposal writing and support
- Consulting and planning strategic technology solutions for distributed and large scale data center environments
- IT Service Management (ITSM) based/ ITIL best practices
- Business Based Macro Level Capacity Planning
- Business Impact Assessment and Business Resumption/Disaster Recovery
- Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture and Distributed Systems Management, Application Design Reviews, Storage and Data Modeling and Migration, Data Center Consolidation, Operations Review and Managed Care Services
Confidential, Baltimore, MD 2006- 2009
Confidential is a CCRC developing and managing retirement communities in 13 states, 20 locations
Senior IT Manager
Senior IT Manager responsible for direct supervision of IT Site Support Managers and IT Service Desk charged with daily technical support operations at over 20 locations (25 direct reports including contractors) serving over 13,000 employees/ 25,000 total customers. Key Contributions:
- Functional/Line PM in major data center move that resulted in the successful relocation of over 300 servers/ 350 employees, rebuilding and testing of wireless system, and liaising with Operations to ensure connectivity and space needs; ActivIdentity SSO project implementation.
- Selected by CIO to develop, implement and administer new IT “pipeline of talent” to reduce overall IT resource and support costs. IT Deployment Team project had departmental cost savings of over $200K in its first year and $325K over 2 years while placing 24 analysts in permanent positions.
- Management of IT Service Desk: Led the Service Desk team of 10 analysts; maintained first call resolution rate average (FCR) of 85% while receiving an average of 5,800 contacts/month (service requests/ incidents and assisting with tier 2 deskside support).Implemented extended call service hours (24x7) and balanced staff assignments to meet company demands.
- Consolidated remote site support operations from 8 managers to 5 with a cost savings of over $215K and improved customer satisfaction (from 3.8 to 4.6 out of 5).
- Member of IT Governance team that led overall adoption of ITIL and CoBit best practices for the IT Dept.
- Led staff trainings on ITIL Problem Management, which consisted of developing staff SOPs, OLAs and SLAs that vastly improved key relationships between IT service desk incident management/problem management and change management workflow.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD 2005- 2006
Confidential offers complete brokerage processing services.
Senior Network Engineer
- Managed all aspects of Network Operations and Support at Argus Group, including multi-site support, asset management, contract negotiations (including licensing) and strategic planning for scalability. Managed a 24x7 4-person help desk IT support team.
- Reduced network frequency of incidents by 40%, and meantime to repair by 70% by introducing new security procedures, adjusting vendor expectations, and monitoring standards. Implemented new Cisco technology to aid effort.
- Led a very successful Microsoft Exchange/ Active Directory remote project. Project came in 3 months ahead of schedule due to effective time management, systems analysis, and coaching/ mentoring junior engineers.
- Ensured compliance with corporate security policies and security best practices (Sarbanes-Oxley) by implementing new control measures.
- Performed systems analysis to determine effectiveness and inefficiencies, and prepared written recommendations for improvements (SOPs); implemented new network technologies into current operating environment and performed capacity planning tests.
- Provided weekly reports on essential metrics (uptime, bandwidth and networking equipment usage, trends).
Confidential, PA 2003 -2006
Confidential is a Microsoft Gold Certified Business Partner, is an end-to-end solution and managed services provider.
Engagement Manager / IT Managed Services Consultant (Principal Client: Confidential)
- Strategic management of long-term onsite contract for Help Desk, Onsite Support and Desktop Services. Requested by Erickson(client) to manage/lead Help Desk services. Immediately cut costs by 22% by implementing new SOPs and gained an additional $50K to contract for after-hours support services. Facilitated quarterly teaching sessions for users on equipment use and troubleshooting from remote locations. Created, published and distributed monthly Help Desk newsletters to users at client partnersite(s). Established new SLAs, processes and procedures, refined call categorization process, and hiring practices that improved overall performance and metrics.
- Managed a seven-member team providing Tier I and Tier II Help Desk support in a secure Windows environment of over 15,000 end-users and 150 servers; average monthly call volume 5,300 incidents/service requests monthly.
- Project Manager SharePoint and System Management Server (SMS): assisted with the design, development and implementation for systems patch management, monitoring, and asset management. Lead Consultant- SME for Client SMS daily monitoring and management.
- Liaised in an enterprise upgrade of over 8000 workstations/ laptops from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.
- Developed, augmented, and delivered ITIL, Microsoft and HDI training to team based on industry best practices.
- Reduced staff turnover by 90%; introduced incentive program and cost effective measures to ease load on analysts.
- Instituted ITIL best practices at the service desk for service, incident and problem management. Orchestrated efforts in the IT Dept that resulted in service desk centralization for all incident/problem management.
Additional information technology and leadership roles with Triad Communication, George Washingtons Estate Gardens (Mount Vernon), Corporation for National Community Service (AmeriCorps), and Fairlanes Entertainment. Details available on request.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS, EDUCATION COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
ITILv2/v3 Foundation, Lean 6 Sigma Green Belt, Security+, Project+, Certified Help Desk Manager- HDI, Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Messaging (Exchange) Security, Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), currently studying - PMP Certification (expected 02/12)
BA Studies Political Science/Education Gettysburg College | AA - CIS/ Network Security Stratford University
(Continuing Education Goal In Progress: MBA/Masters in Information Systems)