- I'm an accomplished Technical Writer / eLearning Instructional Designer, able to effectively convey technical information through writing, speech, and other media to a specific audience. I can work both independently and collaboratively to create products for various media, including paper, video, and the Internet. I offer a unique combination of writing, leadership, technical, and people skills. I'm particularly interested in creating multimedia training content. I offer advanced knowledge in leading technologies, exceptional editing skills, and mastery of Microsoft Office.
- Technical Writing: Highly accomplished technical writing skills, built upon the ability to quickly learn new technologies and express complex concepts clearly and concisely to a specific audience. I am also able to organize and track changes in large quantities of data and information.
- Instructional Design: Skilled in the development of innovative instructional content through a solid understanding of adult learning and instructional design methodologies, including blended learning and eLearning concepts.
- Writing / Copy Editing: High degree of accuracy and knowledge of grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Organization and Leadership: Skilled in planning, coordinating, and motivating people to successfully complete clearly defined objectives. Skilled in staff selection and supervision, budgeting, and acting as an interdepartmental liaison.
- Project Management: Proven ability to integrate projects with quality methodologies to achieve solid, comprehensive solutions that come in on-time and on-budget.
- Technical: Core competencies include eLearning production, instructional design, technical writing, copy editing, and advanced knowledge of productivity applications, including: MS Office, Adobe Captivate, Ariculate Studio, Certpoint Content Creator, MS Project, Acrobat, Photoshop, Snagit, and Visio.
- Designed and developed innovative instructional content using various delivery methods, including instructor-led training, webinars, and eLearning.
- Conducted needs analysis and structured existing content for the best learning experience for the end-user.
- Created technical documentation, including multimedia webinars, user manuals, and training materials.
- Provided adminstrative support for the learning management system.
- Ensured consistency of content and delivery methods.
- Updated content on an ongoing basis to reflect current business needs.
- Documented processes and procedures for all aspects of the Weight Watchers organization, especially the Engineering department.
- Gathered information through hands-on work with Weight Watchers products and by interviewing subject matter experts.
- Elicited responses and feedback from contributors and reviewers of the documentation and made revisions accordingly.
- Designed and developed documentation templates.
- In addition to writing and editing duties, I managed all facets of Mentor projects on-demand, just-in-time, multimedia support content on software applications .
- Duties included script writing, editing, training other writers, project scoping, development of instructional design documents, QA reviews to ensure zero defects, and prompt delivery of project deadlines both internal and external.
- As team leader, I oversaw all phases of the eLearning production cycle, including writing, editing, screen captures, animation, quality assurance, and delivery.
- Set project expectations concerning deliverability, project performance, consultant/vendor task assignments, costs, and timeframes.
- Served as project escalation point for issues, resolved conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical project issues.
- Created project plans with Microsoft Project.
- Managed writing teams.
- Wrote and edited multimedia scripts on-demand, just-in-time, multimedia support content on software applications .
- Developed instructional design documents.
- Developed context-sensitive help.
- Coordinated interaction between Writing department, Sales, Clients, Project Management, and Production department.
- Assisted Project Management and Sales in determining the size and scope of projects.
- Monitored voice over sessions.
- Reviewed and marked screen grabs and custom graphics.
- Trained new writers in Mentor script writing process.
- Worked with software before its public release to scope projects and write scripts.
- Trained and worked with freelance writers.
- Managed process system installation projects, including field supervision of process installation and construction on margarine and dairy plants, field interaction with contractors and customers.
- Researched, outlined, composed, and edited processing system functional descriptions, operator instruction manuals, and corporate project methodology documents.
- Drafted project drawings using AutoCAD, including project electrical layouts, process and instrument drawings, and input/output layouts.
- Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel Microsoft Project Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Photoshop
- Articulate Studio
- Certpoint Content Creator
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Learning/Content Management Systems, including CertPoint VLS and LearnCenter
- Microsoft Windows Mac OS X